THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

this makes me want to jump off my roof.....

Go down 
+15
Grumpy Kwi
Nomic
steev
Cavash
Sky Serpent
Shadows Revenge
CaptainBalroga
teh603
Baron Tordeck
GAR
Thor665
lonewolf
Aroshamash
Massaen
blackoutcs
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
blackoutcs
Hellion
blackoutcs

this makes me want to jump off my roof..... Empty
PostSubject: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 05:41

so im a longi time DE player and it simply makes me want to jump off my roof that i now have to update all my models. its like having to recollect another army while losing one that you already made. im sure some people here share my plight
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 06:28

Funny - i was very pleased to get stonking great new models and ditch all my old ones!

My olds are currently in a box, while i decide what to do with them...

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
blackoutcs
Hellion
blackoutcs

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 06:32

the point is its very demoralizing. it makes me conform to GW. i think the hardest part for me is replacing my ravagers Sad OHHHH and dont even get my started about how they screwed the Dias..... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 06:54

And why exactly do you have to replace them all? The old models work perfectly well under the new rules. GW isn't going to send a team of ninja's around to your house just because you use your old army. No, they save the ninja's for those that mention the squa

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 07:15

HAHAHA!

Excatly Aroshamash - if you want to keep using your old models there is no harm! I personally thought the old ones looked rubbish compared to new and was happy to update the army, replacing a unit at a time. If you like your 3rd ed army, no harm in using it!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
lonewolf
Kabalite Warrior
lonewolf

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 09:40

As has been said there is no need to replace your models with the new ones.
All your old models are perfectly useable with the new codex (except shredder wielding incubi)

These are a few of my favourite things.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 16:15

And Blaster wielding Incubi.
And any HQ on a jetbike.
And Blaster and Shredder wielding Wyches.
And if you're playing a real ponce - Scourges with Splinter Rifles.

But I think that actually covers everything that was made outmoded. I certainly still field almost entirely old line models, and I bought new ones just for the vehicles, some beasts, and a desire for the new stuff.

Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 17:22

Also, consider that GW is pulling their prize support away from the tournament scene.

it used to be to get GW support all models had to be GW models, now that requirement is gone.

I would keep your older models, and just update by buying a few bits to fit the new codex as required.

Use what ya like, its not your using bottle caps as proxies or anything...

this makes me want to jump off my roof..... Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
blackoutcs
Hellion
blackoutcs

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 18:00

Of course i am going to keep my old models they have great sentimental value, but the point is that until people completely update their vehicles they will have an unsymmetrical fleet. This wouldn't be bad if we were talking about orks, but as we know DE are all about looking sleek and symmetrical, especially with the new book.

The new models are gorgeous don't get me wrong
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29 2012, 20:11

I use only the old range and quite enjoy being the only DE player at an event to do so. Ive been playing them for so long that it only feels right to stay true to the heritage so to speak.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
blackoutcs
Hellion
blackoutcs

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 01:04

being the only DE player with the old models is something i have taken pride in though
Back to top Go down
teh603
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 01:40

GAR wrote:
Also, consider that GW is pulling their prize support away from the tournament scene.

it used to be to get GW support all models had to be GW models, now that requirement is gone.

I would keep your older models, and just update by buying a few bits to fit the new codex as required.
From the tournament rules I've seen, using older figures wasn't an issue as long as they were on the same- size base as the figures are currently sold with. The only thing was that they had to be made by GW.
Back to top Go down
CaptainBalroga
Sybarite
CaptainBalroga

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 05:38

I only had one old Raider, so I just put one of my spare sails on it and called it a day. I have also added to my army picking up old models on Ebay, which does keep the look within a unit uniform. The price is usually right, too!

Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 15:14

Thor665 wrote:
And Blaster wielding Incubi.
And any HQ on a jetbike.
And Blaster and Shredder wielding Wyches.
And if you're playing a real ponce - Scourges with Splinter Rifles.

But I think that actually covers everything that was made outmoded. I certainly still field almost entirely old line models, and I bought new ones just for the vehicles, some beasts, and a desire for the new stuff.

Ive just made my Blaster weilding Wyches Trueborn w/ Blasters. Looks decent and makes them stick out for sure.

As for the HQ on jetbike... man that ticks me off the most. He is just sitting there on my self... staring at me with those eyes of discontent...
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 17:21

My old Dark Eldar are sitting in a shoebox somewhere and I think that's where they will stay. I've cannabilised a few bits and pieces but I love the new stuff too much.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 23:13

I think I must be insane, as I seem to be the only person in the world actively seeking out the Old DEldar bits. Personally I prefered the Old models. Their rifles were cooler, their Raiders were bladier and their shoulderpads were huge.

They were spectacular.

this makes me want to jump off my roof..... YiVCUio

Last edited by Cavash on Tue May 01 2012, 18:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blackoutcs
Hellion
blackoutcs

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2012, 23:24

when the new models first came out, I was stubbornly opposed to buy any of the new things. This wore off recently and im actually thinking about just dumping $200 and updating my vehicles
Back to top Go down
steev
Hellion
steev

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 04:35

Cavash wrote:
I think I must be insane, as I seem to be the only person in the world actively seeking out the Old DEldar bits. Personally I prefered the Old models. Thier rifles were cooler, theri Raiders were bladeier and their shoulderpads were huge.

They were spectacular.

You sir, are insane.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 07:47

I think the old Warriors weren't bad, and continued using thme untill I had finished updating my army (I needed new ones anyway since I had no blasters). The old Raiders were terrible though, I could never get them stay on their stands without them tilting in a weird angle. It sort of ruins the look of the army when all their vehicles look like they're crashing. And the old Ravager was just a godawful model. Big heavy metal plates attached by tiny little pieces way too thin to pin through?

Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 14:23

Your old models are in collusion with your dice, if you do not change quickly then prepare to lose to newbies and children with half painted armies. I remember when I kept my old models...the pain, the pain.

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Ruke
Wych
Ruke

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 18:09

Quote :
The old Raiders were terrible though,

Those were some of the only models I actually liked! The new raider feels too closed and cluttered to feel like a propper pirate raiding vehicle... I also liked the warriors, and the Haems body (really hated the faces on pretty much all the old models, they were just attrocious). I might get one of the old Haems and toss on the new ones head (which I think is MUCH better), think that would look nice...

Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2012, 18:45

steev wrote:
Cavash wrote:
I think I must be insane, as I seem to be the only person in the world actively seeking out the Old DEldar bits. Personally I prefered the Old models. Thier rifles were cooler, theri Raiders were bladeier and their shoulderpads were huge.

They were spectacular.

You sir, are insane.

Hehehe... Indeed I am. Twisted Evil

this makes me want to jump off my roof..... YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
TristanAquaeusRodentbane
Slave

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeThu May 03 2012, 23:30

Cavash, you are not alone! I've spent a lot of time scouring Kijiji in Toronto buying up old Dark Eldar models, mostly raiders and incubi. I do it mostly for variety, I have a lot of raiders and incubi....

Cheers -Rodentbane
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeFri May 04 2012, 07:56

Dont really like the old models that much now that I got the new models... But then again I understand people hanging on to them. Myself I have shelfed eveything but one Ravanger (as I just have 2 of the new once)... Wondering if I should sell the old models or not, not decided yet tho, would be good to have them If I was to play apocalypse battle tho

Firdeth
Hellion
Firdeth

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitimeSun May 06 2012, 07:41

Kept all my old models. The old Raider actually looked like ten DE could hang on, the new one is pretty much "squeeze in or hang by the sides on chains guys and gals". I am also still a bit so-so on the sails. One day I think they are kind of cool and the other day I find them ridiculous! Oh noes angry space fish, I always found the aethersail look more of a craftworld thing. Just need to get used to it I guess.

I keep my old painted figs for display, the ones that aren't really ugly anyway. The old female Archon is ridiculous with her huge pauldrons and incorrectly proportioned torso. Old Lelith is still a beauty though, new one is alao great but a bit too buff for me. Same for the Wyches I love them except for the pistol wielding arm which is way too muscular for female figs, especially lithe eldar.

Overall the new line is much better though, just some minor gripes from a grumpy old git Razz I am slowly replacing all the old stuff in phases of poverty/just enough cash to buy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: this makes me want to jump off my roof.....   this makes me want to jump off my roof..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

this makes me want to jump off my roof.....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next