THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Stripping with Simple Green on finecast

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
orestes85
Hellion
orestes85

Stripping with Simple Green on finecast Empty
PostSubject: Stripping with Simple Green on finecast   Stripping with Simple Green on finecast I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 23:03

Has anyone done this on finecast models. Simple Green has worked on the plastics for me, I just want to double check with you guys before I give my wracks and succubus a bath.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Stripping with Simple Green on finecast   Stripping with Simple Green on finecast I_icon_minitimeThu May 22 2014, 23:33

I recently used Super Clean from Crappy Tire on some Necron finecasts, worked OK. Even left them in to soak for almost whole day, alongside the plastics.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Stripping with Simple Green on finecast   Stripping with Simple Green on finecast I_icon_minitimeSat May 24 2014, 02:06

Just remember you may only get back as far as your undercoat as resin is quiet porous and tends to absorb your initial spray coat
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: Stripping with Simple Green on finecast   Stripping with Simple Green on finecast I_icon_minitimeSat May 24 2014, 19:34

I don't know what simple green is made of but refrain from using anything alcohol based. While hand sanitizer and similar stuff (isoproanol) is great for stripping plastics and metal models, the finecast resin absorbs the solvent like a sponge, stripping away the paint but making the model rubberlike and extremely wobbly and thus prune to breaking. They revert back to normal after a couple weeks of drying. It takes quite some time for the material to settle again. Just as a warning, I learned it the hard way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stripping with Simple Green on finecast   Stripping with Simple Green on finecast I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stripping with Simple Green on finecast
Page 1 of 1