THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Can anybody with a July WD (or Cities of Death knowledge) help me out?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
astorre
Hellion

Can anybody with a July WD (or Cities of Death knowledge) help me out? Empty
PostSubject: Can anybody with a July WD (or Cities of Death knowledge) help me out?   Can anybody with a July WD (or Cities of Death knowledge) help me out? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 10:09

I'm going to a Cities of Death tournament this Saturday & am trying to figure out what the Dark Eldar/Dark Eldar geared stratagems were in last months issue. If anyone could let me know I'd really appreciate it. You could reply or PM me. Thank you!

On the other hand if they are no good, I was thinking of using Booby Traps, Demolition, and Plunging Fire (you have to pick 3 for your army list & use them the whole tournament but how many you get to use during any one game is dependent upon the mission). With Dark Eldar, everything in your army should be geared towards murder, why not use the more aggressive & violent stratagems as well? Haha...

I was thinking Plunging Fire and Rappelling Lines would be a good combination, as you can use your skimmers to disembark units on the highest level of a building and Plunging Fire to reduce their shooting target's cover saves, but they have to take a dangerous terrain test and that makes me nervous.

I also though Demolition and Tank Traps would be good, as you can use them to funnel enemy transports and vehicles into the building you have set to demolish, but like I said why not take something more violent. We also have way more Dark Eldar in the local meta than I was first thinking, so in a match up like that it would be worthless.

Booby Traps is a free way to kill models, and I can use them to discourage my opponent from entering certain buildings. Demolition could be used just to clear a certain building off the table, but you have to choose what turn you blow the building up so it might be great or worthless depending on whats in there at the time. Plunging Fire is one I'll stick with no matter what, as reducing cover saves is always nice.
Back to top Go down
astorre
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Can anybody with a July WD (or Cities of Death knowledge) help me out?   Can anybody with a July WD (or Cities of Death knowledge) help me out? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06 2011, 02:47

I guess nobody plays City of Death? haha...
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Can anybody with a July WD (or Cities of Death knowledge) help me out?   Can anybody with a July WD (or Cities of Death knowledge) help me out? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06 2011, 09:06

Not since 4th ed. I should give it a go sometimes, as I liked it back then. I used to play CSM back then so I don't really know much about good Deldar stratagems, tho. The new one in WD, which turns one building on the board into a WWP seems nice, but the downside is that you can only activate it on the 3rd turn, so some of your reserves might've come out before that.
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Can anybody with a July WD (or Cities of Death knowledge) help me out?   Can anybody with a July WD (or Cities of Death knowledge) help me out? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06 2011, 14:19

I love CoD but since 4ed less and less ppl wanna play it with me so we using those missions only in some games in campain.

Dont have that WD you mentioned and cant find in on the net.
Back to top Go down
Zam0ne
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Can anybody with a July WD (or Cities of Death knowledge) help me out?   Can anybody with a July WD (or Cities of Death knowledge) help me out? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08 2011, 13:15

The stratgem in question is insidious portal.

Select a building anywhere on the board that doesn't have any enemy models occupying it, on game turn three you reveal the location. That buildings footprint now acts as a table edge for bringing in reserves just like a webway portal, except it's a whole building.

It's a pretty dope stratagem, I use it for my CoD portal/coven list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anybody with a July WD (or Cities of Death knowledge) help me out?   Can anybody with a July WD (or Cities of Death knowledge) help me out? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can anybody with a July WD (or Cities of Death knowledge) help me out?
Page 1 of 1