THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cities of Death Battle - 1250

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Braden Campbell
Kabalite Warrior
Braden Campbell

Cities of Death Battle - 1250 Empty
PostSubject: Cities of Death Battle - 1250   Cities of Death Battle - 1250 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15 2014, 23:28

Hi, all!

As part of a local campaign, my base on the ice world of Ghast is about to fall under attack by Grey Knights. Obviously, this cannot be allowed to happen.

The mission will be "Grand Assault" - all of the buildings will begin under my control, and he must plant his flag in all of them in order to force my total evacuation.

In compiling a defensive list, I have several questions for you all. Let's begin with: put my forces in raiders/venoms, or take larger units on foot?
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Death Battle - 1250   Cities of Death Battle - 1250 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16 2014, 00:45

I'd have to take a close look at the rules for the mission. What book is the mission out of?

I'd think stocking up on incubi in the buildings would be pretty nasty. Since he has to send in a unit of infantry to claim each one, that would be difficult if it's full of incubi.
Back to top Go down
Braden Campbell
Kabalite Warrior
Braden Campbell

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Death Battle - 1250   Cities of Death Battle - 1250 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16 2014, 02:36

Grand Assault, from Cities of Death

It'll be played on a 4x4 table with 4-6 buildings on it, all starting under my control. His entire army deploys along one edge, and I come in from the other. It's a bit of a race then to stop him from taking over all my buildings before the game ends.
Back to top Go down
klemanius
Slave
klemanius

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Death Battle - 1250   Cities of Death Battle - 1250 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16 2014, 10:37

hmm, hard choice. Infantry benefit a lot from CoD, but I still think mobility will be the key to victory. In my experience dark eldar can do quite well in ruin heavy boards as you can take advantage of the 3 dimensional nature of the board with our skimmers.

While risky due to dangerous terrain, jumping from building top to building top keeps multiple floors between you and the enemy allowing you to practically sit on top of them and have them unable to charge you. In addition you can really hurt armies that focus on devastating short range firepower like grey knights by relying on the fact that distances aren't drawn 'flat' but from unit to unit, so if your sitting on the top of a 3 level ruin with nightshields your opponent would have to be within roughly 16" to be able to shoot you.

In my experience this tactic leads to two out of 5 raiders/venoms immobilizing themselves per game, but it has paid dividends with careful use.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Death Battle - 1250   Cities of Death Battle - 1250 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16 2014, 11:50

Do you know the list of your opponent?

Kabalite Warrior
Braden Campbell

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Death Battle - 1250   Cities of Death Battle - 1250 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16 2014, 12:05

Last time I faced him at 1000 pts, it was a unit of 5 "terminators", a Land Raider, and a blob of generic knights. It ended up being a pretty close match, since I just hypertoxined and mass-dice rolled him... But I still lost.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Death Battle - 1250   Cities of Death Battle - 1250 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cities of Death Battle - 1250
Page 1 of 1