THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cities of Death 1kpts

Go down 
+3
Thor665
Anggul
lululu_42
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

Cities of Death 1kpts Empty
PostSubject: Cities of Death 1kpts   Cities of Death 1kpts I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31 2011, 20:51

I am planning on a small 1000pt Cities of Death Campaign and here's my DE list.

The Baron

5x Trueborn w/ dark lance, 3x shardcarbine, Splinter Cannon
5x Trueborn w/ dark lance, 3x shardcarbine, Splinter Cannon

5x Hellion
5x Hellion
5x Warriors w/ Blaster
5x Warriors w/ Blaster
5x Warriors w/ Blaster

4x Reaver Jetbikes w/ heat lance
4x Reaver Jetbikes w/ heat lance
5x Scourges w/ 2x Haywire Blaster

The strategy is that the trueborn and the warriors create an insane amount of crossfire while the hellions, jetbikes, and scourges force the opponent to be where I want them to be. The scourges also serve as an AT. The army revolves around a more AI since theirs a lot of cover and not much maneuverability for Tanks while keeping itself as mobile as possible.

Haven t played Cities of Death yet so I am open to suggestions.

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Death 1kpts   Cities of Death 1kpts I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 10:39

As always with the Baron, I'd probably combine the Hellions into one larger mob, it means they'll all benefit from the Baron's buffs, and they'll be a lot more of a threat. 5 Hellions really won't scare anyone, any unit can so much as cough in their general direction and they'll fall to the ground, so you want them to be with each other anyway.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Death 1kpts   Cities of Death 1kpts I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 15:04

The core deal with Cities of Death is the terrain heavy environment - you're taking...let's see...24 out of 49 units in your army that will make dangerous terrain tests every time they move.

Eek!

I understand that one I'm about to suggest will dramatically change the nature of your army, but I'm just tossing these out there.

The RJBs will not be very good in CoD.
Your Trueborn loadout is a little too generalized and a little too expensive to be good.
Flamers are *very* good in CoD.
Assault is very good.
Having grenades is very good.

I think you should seriously look into Wracks/Grotesques/Haems/Talos - in the claustrophobic maps that CoD is all about, having just tough as nails beatsticks with flamers would be potent. The Talos is a true machine of war for ripping through buildings and engulfing units in flames before assaulting and ripping them to shreds.

Another serious consideration is that a lot of your infantry might wish to go stationary and form firebases. Getting multiple dark lances on a single Trueborn squad is probably a smarter bet than that odd mixed use one you're building.

Final thought - with all the terrain and blocking LoS terrain CoD brings in - the power of Wyches is potent indeed as footsloggers, because they can get in close and use their grenades to still assault normally all while being relatively protected by the terrain.

Back to top Go down
fenrisnorth
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Death 1kpts   Cities of Death 1kpts I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 16:00

I disagree on RJBs being bad in CoD. With that assault move, they are wicked good at hit and run. Also with such heavy terrain, their bladevanes will be a lot safer to use. Do I hear caltrops?

Captured Victims: Castellan Crowe, Ultramarine Chapter Master
Back to top Go down
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Death 1kpts   Cities of Death 1kpts I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 22:09

The whole Idea was to keep most of the army mobile while taking advantage of the terrain and shooting. MSU should really be dangerous in this kind of fight since they will be able to hide as whole a lot better. (it's easier to hid a unit of 5 then 10 from line of sight) The RJB are used for sniping with the heat lances because since theirs a lot of terrain it limits there 36"(don't want to end in terrain)

Here's a tweaked list.

Baron
Hame Liquifire Gun & Hex Rifle

3x Trueborn 2x darklance 1x Blaster (Mid Range fire support Hame starts with them to give them FNP)
5x mandrakes (infiltrate CC)

5x Hellions (Baron starts with one of them and they act as harassing units and objectives.)
5x Hellions
5x Hellions
5x Wracks 1x Liquifier gun (Shock CC troops)
5x Wracks 1x Liquifier gun

3x Jetbikes 1x Heat lance (More harassing along with Anti Tank)
3x Jetbikes 1x Heat lance
5x Scourges 2x Haywire Blaster (Mobile Anti Tank)

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Death 1kpts   Cities of Death 1kpts I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 23:30

Thor hit nail on that one. "Free" 4+ cover backed with T4 and FNP is just... pretty damn good thing. That's actually way better than Ork 'ardboyz and trust me - I would pick them any day of week if Warbikers wouldn't be sooooo good...

IMHO skip Hex Rifle on Haemi. I guess Mandrakes are for harrasing enemy Devastators and such... add one guy. Or 2 if You dump Blaster on Trueborn.

Mixing 3 Trueborn with Haemi is gigant waste, better add him and Baron to one unit of Hellions for FNP bonus (he can unjoin them and be walked-by Wracks so his butt would be covered while giving additional Flamer).

Also, You WANT more Wracks. 5 man unit isn't scary if it need to walk.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Death 1kpts   Cities of Death 1kpts I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04 2011, 23:35

I think you'd get more joy adding all the Hellions together into one unit with the Baron, throw a Helliarch with Agoniser and you've got a really formidable unit that doesn't care much about terrain.

A unit of Beasts would work well with the Hellions in my view.

Don't forget the Reavers have Skilled Rider.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
lululu_42
Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Death 1kpts   Cities of Death 1kpts I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 09:15

Okay I got it down to two different lists

List 1

Baron
Hame Liquifier, Scissorhand

4x Trueborn 2x Dark Lane 2x Shardcarbine

10x Hellion Helliarch w/ Agoniser and splinter pistol
10x Wracks 2x Liquifier Gun
10x Wracks 2x Liquifier Gun

3xRJB heatlance
3xRJB heatlance
5x Scourges 2x Haywire Blaster

List 2

Hame Scissorhand Venom Blade WWP
Hame Scissorhand Venom Blade WWP
3x Grotesques Liquifier gun
Raider FF shock prow

4x Trueborn 4xblasters
10x Wracks Liquifier
10x Wracks Liquifier
6x Reaver jetbikes 2x Heatlances

Ravager FF

Kind of wondered if a WWP list would work in a CoD game.
Depending on which one I play I will try it out as a MSU and how I have it listed.

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Death 1kpts   Cities of Death 1kpts I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07 2011, 16:04

remember reavers have Skilled Riders, makes terrain a piece of cake.

I find your first list better, I think you should drop the shard carbines though and give your Hamie a PW if he is going with one of the wrack squads though.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cities of Death 1kpts   Cities of Death 1kpts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cities of Death 1kpts
Page 1 of 1