THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.  Empty
PostSubject: The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.    The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05 2014, 05:58

So here I am starting the thread on my Kabal. I don't know if I am making my own or doing the Poisoned tongue but I want it to look sinister and poison heavy, which ties into Duke and the poisoned tongue pretty well. I love the poisoned tongue's colors and the Duke is just a general B.A... which leads me into my next section, my duke model.

Heres a link to the page I have it on so I don't gunk up the thread with large pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/8TEVA

I put quite a bit of work into him, definitely more modding than I have previously done. It was fun I learned a bit and hopefully it turns out as good as my standards want. I used the body, cloak and sword from the Black Ark fleetmaster. The other sword is the venom blade from a kabalite warriors box. The legs I modded from the ravager, the legs that have the angled feet for hanging on the side or something. Finally the helm is from the archon kit. I was pretty nervous going into it because of the extent that would have to be removed from the Fleetmaster's core, it turned out pretty decent but I did take my time. Once I started cutting though I was going full throttle, no second guessing and luckily it worked haha. I have a tournament I am using DE with at the end of the month so expect a few more things to be posted pretty soon. Hopefully I have a Haemonculus 10 warriors 10 wyches 2 venoms a raider (ravager without guns) and a Razorwing fighter done in that timespan, paint and all. I want to have a large force by the time the new codex comes out so I am all ready to play around with whats going on. Any suggestions along the way would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

-Rumble

Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.    The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05 2014, 09:08

your Duke looks amazing.
I think you should go with the poisoned tonge if you allready like the colour and you know it will come out looking good.
Back to top Go down
Fidra
Hellion
Fidra

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.    The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05 2014, 09:46

He looks a treat! The Poisoned Tongue is always a solid choice to go with, especially if you like the colours already. Definitely ties in well with the Duke. Otherwise, I am always more than happy to provide alternative name suggestions!

Here's some (poisonous) food for thought:

-Kabal of the Black Bile
-Kabal of the Lash Envenomed
-Kabal of the Pale Fang
-Kabal of the Strangling Mists
-Kabal of the Vile Blood

Hopefully you can find something you like in this! Hope to see these updates soon.

p.s. Any definitive word on if and when the new codex is due?
Back to top Go down
Alpharius
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.    The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05 2014, 09:54

i like kabal of the Strangling Mists.
If i didnt call mine Kabal of the Alpharian Scale i might of taken that to use.
(if i did that i would not be able to use alpha legion colour tho Laughing)
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.    The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05 2014, 19:10

Thanks for the positive feedback! Those are some pretty good names if you think of any more let me know!! Yea I plan on being pretty gung ho on making my army. I've been reading and looking enough now is the time for action!!!

Fidra, there are rumors that the codex will be released in the later part of this year. Supposedly between Blood Angels and Space Wolves is what I understand. I was reading another post on this site that tied into what I have already heard and they alluded to also having a Coven supplement just like the Iyanden. That would be great!!

Heres the link to the page that is discussing the new codex, however I had heard from a different source about our codex coming out around the same time.

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t9255p20-new-dex-in-the-late-fall

Back on track:

What do you guys think I should do for a sexy base, it is hard to tell but his cloak extends past his feet so I need to prop him up on something. I could make a makeshift stairs that hes standing on the top of but that's what I have done for my tau and I wouldn't mind changing it up a bit. It has to be flat because thats how his feet are modeled, I just would like him more centered on the base any ideas?

Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.    The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05 2014, 21:44

we can fix your naming issues right here btw with the Kabal Name Generator.
http://www.thedarkcity.net/h1-dark-eldar-kabal-name-generator
or go with Poison tongue as the duke is absolutely awesome
Back to top Go down
Alpharius
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.    The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06 2014, 10:05

It all depends on what terain you want the bases to look like. mine are in a desert so i have sand and desert grass with stones rising from below the sand with people standing on them.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.    The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06 2014, 18:38

I like city the way city scape looks so im thinking of going with something similar to rubble greys and patches of green grass. Desolate battlefield? If I can find something I like ill post it.

The death world basing kit might actually be pretty cool.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Citadel-Death-World-Basing-Kit

Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.    The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06 2014, 20:31

I actualy have the death world basing kit and it is really good. and if you want rubble you might want to look at the 40k basing kit.

as for your Duke's base it might look cool to have him standing on a bit of broken wall or something like a destroyed statue base.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.    The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06 2014, 20:54

thats exactly what Im looking for him. Especially since his cloak hangs lower than his feet it will really add depth to the whole thing.

PostSubject: Re: The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.    The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Kabal of I haven't thought of a cool name yet.
Page 1 of 1