THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1650pts board dominance

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
klemanius
Slave
klemanius

1650pts board dominance Empty
PostSubject: 1650pts board dominance   1650pts board dominance I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16 2014, 12:58

Ok I've been playing around with this conceptually for some time but GW keeps changing the game rules/meta so often I've been forced to start from scratch and reevaluate it what feels like half a dozen times now.

The idea is by turn 2 I have almost total board control and swamp my opponents ability to perform effective target priority.

Unfortunately my attempt to get it into 1500pts has failed but 1650 is damn close.
I am concerned that while I've managed to fit most everything in, I have shaved so many points out of my units that their combat effectiveness has become compromised.  Hence me actually posting something instead of just lurking like a mandrake wondering where all the good rules went.

Also should I swap the incubi for 3 grotesques?

Haemy - WWP, liquifier
Archon - Huskblade, B pistol, CDs, soultrap, PGL, Soultrap

5x incubi - klaivex-onslaught, demi-k, raider-flicker

5x wyches - HWG, Hekatrix- agie
5x wyches - HWG, Hekatrix- agie

5x warriors - blaster, venom-SP cannon
5x warriors - blaster, venom-SP cannon

Talos - twin-liquifier, twin-heatlance
Talos - twin-liquifier, twin-heatlance

Voidraven - flicker

Voidshield gen - 2x extra shield

Farseer-runes of ward/wittness, soulstone of reduced WC, phoenix gem (LORE OF MALEFIC DAEMONOLOGY)

5x dire avengers

Yes I am crazy but the ghosthelm, gem, runes, and general reduced casting cost SHOULD reduce brain explosions to acceptable levels.

Idea is characters start in raider with incubi before haemy pops out to drop the wwp almost on the center line.  vehicles kite as usual using the bubbleshield for protection.  turn two wyches and talos start to emerge from wwp using bubbleshield for safety as they wiat to make things go away.
Farseer pumps out distraction daemons who act as cover/speedbumps/target priority messing/beatstick as required.
This provides 3 attack vectors and as my friendly local GW store uses 4x4s after turn 2 I can reach anything on the table.

Thoughts?

Last edited by klemanius on Wed Jun 18 2014, 11:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1650pts board dominance   1650pts board dominance I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 16 2014, 14:55

Wyches on foot are not going to make it. Even a full blob of 15 will get vaporized before getting to where they need to get to, which may take 1-2 turns of moving/running.

Talos, good but again taking a couple of turns to get to where they need to be....

I'd swap the Incubi out for the Grotesques. Take 4 though; points well spent there.

Archon; No Shadowfield!?!?! Needs a Shadowfield as in Challenges he'll be up against other beasts, likely with AP2 weapons.

I've not played with VSGers but as you now must deploy Forts in your deployment the bubble is only 12" out in front - probably not that worth it IMO, but like I said I've not used them yet.

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1650pts board dominance   1650pts board dominance I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17 2014, 00:59

4x4 tables for 1650+ matches? No thanks.

1++, as for the ranges you were talking about, I know what he's saying. If he placed the WWP in the dead center of the table, wyches would have an effective threat range of a 27" bubble in the middle of the table on the turn they arrive. Unfortunately, since they can't charge on the turn they arrive, 1++ is right to say that they will likely still get shot up.

I like the idea of the talos coming out of the WWP because they have ranged options to make their threat bubble noticeably larger. The Talos would have a threat range of roughly 39", which would, as you said, allow them to threaten almost anywhere on the table. But the wyches, as much as I love the idea of wyches, wouldn't do well in this scenario, and would just be a points sink.

Maybe just put the wyches in the venoms, and have the warriors pop out of the WWP. The warriors threat range cover the entire table if the WWP was on the centerline.

Ultimately, the problem with WWP is that they SOUND as though it should be a CC unit's wet dream in the fluff, but in practice, it's far more practical for shooty units with range issues to utilize effectively. This is due to the absurd rule that units can't come in from reserve and charge in the same turn.
Back to top Go down
klemanius
Slave
klemanius

PostSubject: Re: 1650pts board dominance   1650pts board dominance I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18 2014, 11:38

1++, Oops! there was supposed to be a Shadowfield in there!  Thought I forgot to write something down!  Added in now.

Betray, yeah 4x4 has a VERY different meta to 'normal' tables.  I've played up to 3k on a 4x4.  Its not as bad as you think once you know what to do.  As much as the lack of space to maneuver can hurt, the closeness of battletanks to Haywires and the occasional S4 mandrake has saved my but a few times. Laughing 

The main purpose of the wyches was for anti-tank which I figured would mitigate the issue somewhat, especially with distraction daemons to provide alternate targets and cover saves.
I'm gunna try it out once and if it doesn't work I'll swap the wyches and the warriors around.

A friend suggested swapping the voidraven out for points to reinvest but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I'm gunna test it out this weekend and see what happens!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1650pts board dominance   1650pts board dominance I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1650pts board dominance
Page 1 of 1