THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New list - Looking for Critique before i buy - 600/1000pts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
beregrond2
Slave
beregrond2

New list - Looking for Critique before i buy - 600/1000pts Empty
PostSubject: New list - Looking for Critique before i buy - 600/1000pts   New list - Looking for Critique before i buy - 600/1000pts I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 19:27

Hi everyone newbie on the forums i've been looking more and more into Dark Eldar, I used to play Warhammer 40k many years ago as a Inquisition / guard player, still have the models for that but the style of play of sit and shoot seems a bit dull to me now so i want to go for something completely different.

I've got two lists the first is a 600 pt list and then another 400 pts to tack onto it so that it becomes a 1000 pt list overall. Just looking for some general suggestions/ comments.
Thanks everyone!!

- Archon - 110 Total
  Agoniser + Shadowfield

- 10 Kabaltite warriors - 125 total
  Dark lance
  Sybarite

- Raider 80 total
  Flickerfield
  Splinter racks  

- 9 wyches - 118 total
  Haywire grenades
  Hekatrix

-  Raider - 70 total
  Flickerfield

- Reavers - 96 total
 Arena Champion -10
 Cluster Caltrops -20

599 points total - means i can buy the Battleforce, with an additional Archon and Raider

To make it up to 1000pts i would then add

4 incubi - 88 total

1 venom - 75 total (for Archon + incubi)
splinter cannon
flickerfield

3 beastmasters - 126 (Means i can use the awesome hellion models)
6 Razorwing swarms (Will probably use the Forgeworld ripper swarms here)

Ravager - 115
Flickerfield

Cheers for any comments, been reading on the forums a bit and I am wondering if people think this is a good starting point. I've seen that they might be getting a refit in autumn so should i hold fire??
Thanks Everyone!!

:Edit im not looking for competitive play, but a good alround force would be nice!
Back to top Go down
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

PostSubject: Re: New list - Looking for Critique before i buy - 600/1000pts   New list - Looking for Critique before i buy - 600/1000pts I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 20:06

Well firstly you should drop the DL on the warriors, since it will be snapshotting each turn you move with it, replace it with either a blaster or splinter cannon. Personally I would drop the squad leaders too, I've never found the extra leadership to be much use, unless you are giving them extra weapons to aid the squad, ie agoniser on the hekatrix.

Possibly get a flyer too...they are reasonably versatile and give a better option to deal with enemy flyers than firing wildly into the sky for several turns. For the beastmasters I've seen many people using vampire count hounds if you're looking for something cheap.
Back to top Go down
beregrond2
Slave
beregrond2

PostSubject: Re: New list - Looking for Critique before i buy - 600/1000pts   New list - Looking for Critique before i buy - 600/1000pts I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 21:33

Ooo excellent advice thank you Smile i'll drop the DL and most of the squad leaders.
Thanks for the tip about VC ive looked into other options im just gonna build the razorwings up over time Smile.
The flyer is something i dont know about they werent in the edition i played but i see them in use a lot so i'll have a read Smile
Back to top Go down
Amornar
Kabalite Warrior
Amornar

PostSubject: Re: New list - Looking for Critique before i buy - 600/1000pts   New list - Looking for Critique before i buy - 600/1000pts I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 22:24

Stick a couple trophies on some main vehicles for the leadership reroll. 5 pt. 12" LD reroll bubble > one LD higher squad leader. Two trophies should cover most of your army and help with checks for damage, running, etc.
Back to top Go down
honethedroll
Hellion
honethedroll

PostSubject: Re: New list - Looking for Critique before i buy - 600/1000pts   New list - Looking for Critique before i buy - 600/1000pts I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28 2014, 03:07

I strongly recommend purchasing two battleforces, especially since you're already planning to buy another Raider. Looking back at my (fairly recent) start into DE, that has far and away been the best decision in my purchase plan. If I could do it all over again, I would stick with the two battleforces, and add two venoms.

There is an incredible amount of versatility in that setup. If cost is a factor at all, building your own Archon from spare parts as a stopgap is a real possibility between the extra warriors from the Raider sprue and some of the spare parts. I made a counts-as Sliscus from a warrior that I'm quite pleased with.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: New list - Looking for Critique before i buy - 600/1000pts   New list - Looking for Critique before i buy - 600/1000pts I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28 2014, 11:50

You plan to run your archon with the 4 incubi? Then you need a phantasm grenade launcher.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New list - Looking for Critique before i buy - 600/1000pts   New list - Looking for Critique before i buy - 600/1000pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New list - Looking for Critique before i buy - 600/1000pts
Page 1 of 1