THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500pt Wych Cult

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ymorr
Slave
Ymorr

1500pt Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: 1500pt Wych Cult   1500pt Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01 2014, 14:43

Hi guys,

I've been teetering on the edge of Commorragh for a while and have been finally sucked in (because of pretty models).
Aiming to make a moderately competitive Wych cult list (whilst avoiding the excesses of a beast-star).

I was going to go for Lilith but have been rather put off by discussions I've read here.

Currently working at:

Succubus        with Agoniser
Haemonculus with Crucible of Malediction, Liquifier
10 Wyches        with Raider, Grisly Trophies, Torment Grenade Launchers, Hekatrix with Phantasm    Grenade Launcher and Power Weapon
5 Wyches        with Haywire Grenades, Venom with Splinter Cannon (x4)
6 Reavers        with Cluster Caltrops x 2 (x 2)
Voidraven        with Flickerfield (x 2)

Obvious weaknesses are first turn firepower and overall low number of squishy bodies.

Do you think 2 Voidravens are needed to control the skies (I'd worry about Heldrakes toasting my Wyches if I just give up air superiority)?

I'm wondering about switching the voidravens for 2 Ravagers and then I'd have space to cram in more Wyches or a beast pack to be a little more survivable.

Any thoughts appreciated,

Cheers,

Ymorr
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

1500pt Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Wych Cult   1500pt Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03 2014, 03:23

Personally, while it may not be as fluffy, I think a wych cult list is better served by Duke Sliscus rather than a Succubus and Haemy. Giving all of your dedicated transports deep strike, and allowing you an extra roll on the combat drugs table for all your wyches is pretty awesome, and he's no slouch in CC either.

I've personally toyed with the idea of fielding a massive number of wyches, and what I've found is that if you're going to upgrade a unit to do well in CC offensively(ie, with a power weapon/agonizer), it works better if it's a unit of bloodbrides. Having 3 shardnets + the offensive syren in a 9 wych unit tarpits things like crazy while your syren goes to work doing the killing.

I'd keep your other 5-man wych units as you have them, just with the basic HWGs. At 1500 points, you could field:

Sliscus
5x Haywyches w/ HWGs in dual cannon venoms
1x 10-man warrior squad w/ SC and 3+ poison shots in a decked out raider(dissies, flicker, grisly trophies, splinter racks)
9 Bloodbrides fully decked out with syren, pgl, agonizer in a fully decked out raider(dissies, flicker, grisly trophies)
1 Voidraven bomber
1 Ravager w/ flickerfield

That's 12 units with "objective secured", plenty of haywire/AT, tarpits for days, and 9 vehicles at exactly 1500 points.
Back to top Go down
Ymorr
Slave
Ymorr

1500pt Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Wych Cult   1500pt Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04 2014, 12:21

Thanks BetraytheWorld for that very helpful reply.

Will give it some thought  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1500pt Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt Wych Cult   1500pt Wych Cult I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500pt Wych Cult
Page 1 of 1