THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 List vs. Plauge Marines

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

1850 List vs. Plauge Marines  Empty
PostSubject: 1850 List vs. Plauge Marines    1850 List vs. Plauge Marines  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18 2014, 04:07

-Archon
Blaster, Shadow Field, Venom Blade

-Succubus
Agoniser

-3 Grotesques
Aberration with Scissorhand
-Raider
Nighshield

4 Trueborn
Blaster x4
-Venom
Extra SC, Night Shields

-10 Wracks
Liq Gun
-Raider
Nightshields

-10 Warriors (x2)
Splinter Cannon
-Raider
Night Shields, Splinter Racks

-5 Wyches (x2)
Haywire
-Venom
Extra Splinter Cannon, Night Shields

-6 Reavers
2 Cluster Caltrops
2 Heat Lances

Ravager (x2)
Flickerfield

Just a quick list I made up for this coming Sunday's game. I plan on putting the Archon with the Blasterborn and the Succubus with the Grotesques. I've had success in the past vs. Plague Marines by just spamming with poison. I'm pretty sure he's going to take a Big Poppa Stinky (GuO) and maybe some rhinos filled with troops.

I hope to stay nimble and shoot a lot using the Wracks to tie something up that runs into my lines while spamming a lot of poison splinter shots with the Venoms and Gunboats.

Criticism is welcome.
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: 1850 List vs. Plauge Marines    1850 List vs. Plauge Marines  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18 2014, 08:48

Not really a criticism, but is the Scissorhand a better choice than a simple/cheaper Venom Blade? I guess the extra attack is nice, but you get a re-roll on the VB too. But if you're going to spend 15 points, why not spend 20 and get a Flesh Gauntlet for the insta-gib?

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1850 List vs. Plauge Marines    1850 List vs. Plauge Marines  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18 2014, 14:39

I too like the Flesh Gauntlent option but it really only works 1/6 times against 2+ sv, and about the same vs 3+/5+ FnP

Also, no reroll vs Toughness 5 plague marines, unless your charging furiously of course...

Hmmm, I like the concept but a few different opinions if I may.

- I prefer Abberation w/ Venom Blade. Purely 2s to wound is better than 3s (even with the extra attack), esp with the reroll from poisoned esp with against toughness 4, your not missing much!

- I think 5 Blasters all up is overkill. I'd drop 1 Trueborn from that unit and give them all Haywire grenades.....just incase you run into an Imperial Knight....but then again Wyches are always better vs Walkers

- I don't know about all the Nightshields on the vehicles...you could probably drop some of them.

- I'd love to see a 4th Grotesque in there. With some of the points shavings from above, it's an easy addition

Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

PostSubject: Re: 1850 List vs. Plauge Marines    1850 List vs. Plauge Marines  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18 2014, 22:31

Thanks for the input guys, I'll tweak the list a bit later when I'm not at work lol.

A few notes, I'd love to run a 4th Grotesque, but I simply don't have the model. I will be picking up another one soon though.

My reasoning with the Night Shields was simply that his army is going to be very low - mid range, and I could cause his Bolters and other guns some issues if I can dance around his forces enough. I may drop a couple off of some of the Transports though to try and free up some more points. I wouldn't mind a squad leader in the Wrack unit and maybe another Liq Gun.

I'm not really sure what type of army he's going to take, but I suspect Rhinos and a decent amount of foot troops and at least a Great Unclean One.

Do you guys think the Succubus is a good buy? I like how cheap she is and can pack a punch with the Agoniser but a part of me wants to take a Homunculus and put it with the Grotesques for the Furious Charge (I could probably find a way to put both Characters in there though).

Any and all input is a great help guys, and I appreciate it. I'm pretty rusty at playing and building armies but I've been trying to boost my amount of games up lately for a Da Boyz Tourny in a few months.

Best regards,
Raz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 List vs. Plauge Marines    1850 List vs. Plauge Marines  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 List vs. Plauge Marines
Page 1 of 1