THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1250 for upcoming tournament

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1++
Hekatrix

1250 for upcoming tournament Empty
PostSubject: 1250 for upcoming tournament   1250 for upcoming tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 07:30

I'm working on list ideas for a 1250 tournament coming up in a few months and here is one idea I've hashed out;

1st Detachment:
Haemie, Shattershard
5 Warriors, Blaster in Venom, 2x Splinter Cannons

2nd Detachment:
Haemie, Liquifier (Warlord)
5 Wyches, Haywire Grenades in Raiders, Aethersails

The 2 Haemies will either join the same Wych unit, or 2 separate. Building on the armies strengths we have speed, mobility, MSU Objective Secured (everywhere), Haywire grenades, poisoned shooting.

C&C always welcome

Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

PostSubject: Re: 1250 for upcoming tournament   1250 for upcoming tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 08:08

I'm far from a Master Army Builder, but at 1250 I could see this working well. Nothing flashy in the list but so many scoring units and vehicles, I can see lists of the same point value having trouble combating this.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1250 for upcoming tournament   1250 for upcoming tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 09:36

Thanks Razkien. I could probably swap a Warrior unit for a Ravager and Venom Blades for the Haemies.

Kabalite Warrior
merse24

PostSubject: Re: 1250 for upcoming tournament   1250 for upcoming tournament I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 15:30

Will the tournament include the new TO from the 7th edition? Or are they custom mission types?

The reason I ask, is that I've found that the Reavers are great for picking up objectives without losing any firepower from them. The Venoms and Raiders are plenty fast, but there are times that you may have to sacrifice shooting from one to capture an objective.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1250 for upcoming tournament   1250 for upcoming tournament I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26 2014, 00:00

The tournament packet hasn't been released yet so we don't know what mission types will be used just yet but it will be using 7th edition rules

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1250 for upcoming tournament   1250 for upcoming tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 13:42

OK, so I've applied a few changes to the list in preparation for the first game with it. It now looks like:

D1:
Haemie Ancient, Mindphase Gauntlet (Warlord)
5 Warriors, Blaster in Venom, 2nd Splinter Cannon

D2:
Haemie, Power Axe
5 Wyches in Raider, TGL, Aethers (2 Haemies join here)
5 Wyches, HWG in Raider, Aethers
Ravager, 3 Dark Lances

So I've swapped a Warrior unit for an assault Wych unit (with the 2 Haemies attached). I've had to reconfig my HQ to allow for the Mindphase Gauntlet on the Ancient. The MG, IMO, is worth the low points. I was able to stop a Riptide for 2 assault phases (but then the game ended...), but making your opponent roll a bunch of dice and take a bunch of tests is better than trying to wound him (LOL). TGL's on the Raider help a bit here too. The Power Axe on the other Haemie gives me a little bit of (non-challanged) AP2 in assault.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1250 for upcoming tournament   1250 for upcoming tournament I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12 2014, 17:49

Nice list, absolutely love the ancient btw. For suggestions I would personally want 2 ravagers though. You have plenty of Obsec but your short on ranged AT forcing your Obsec to fill that role. Meanwhile ravagers score.

On your ancient is there a specific reason you need init 5? I can't think of anything major this effects besides basic troops (WKs are init 5, orks 3, tau meh, daemons high, marine ICs 5). Obviously 1 more wound is nice but lets face it he's squishy either way.

Anyway if the init isnt a factor then consider downgrading him to a regular haemon to get a few more toys. I'm thinking specifically flesh gauntlet and vexator mask. This allows him to specialize in challenging out strikes last beat sticks and seriously threaten multi wound units and MCs.

Consider that in a challenge the enemy must test the mask (possibly at -1 Ld), if failed you choose FG for ID potential. If passed swing with MPG instead. Chances are pretty high he's gonna lock down anything big, or at least scare it into keeping a distance.

Just some thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1250 for upcoming tournament   1250 for upcoming tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1250 for upcoming tournament
Page 1 of 1