THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Vect shouldn't be playable

Go down 
+16
Klaivex Charondyr
asdrubael Vect124
Jimsolo
Cavash
Larndorn
John M
Lord_Alino
Unorthodoxy
Mngwa
MyNameDidntFit
Sky Devil
Tengu
YoungArchon
PartridgeKing
Massaen
Expletive Deleted
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

Vect shouldn't be playable Empty
PostSubject: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28 2014, 10:04

I know a lot of people like having his over-expensive self available for whatever reasons, but I think having Vect as a playable unit is like having the Emperor as playable. The guy has ruled Commorragh for like 10,000 years, with little interruption. He's too brilliant to be killed off in an ordinary campaign. It's upsetting to me that Vect is worse and costs less than some variants of space marine captains. An elf that's dodged I don't know how many assassination attempts, the ire of the god of hedonism. He's too awesome to be confined to these sad precedents? No?

Edit: He should at least have the statline of a primarch.

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28 2014, 13:29

How does being a VERY sneaky and clever eldar make him the physical equal (stat wise) of a primarch?

The phoenix lords are a better comparison to the emperors sons

We never get told how lethal Vect is in a one on one fight in any of the stories to my knowledge

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 00:33

Aye, true. I was drunk when I wrote this up, we don't know how physically powerful he is, but I still don't like him as being playable. He's too crucial to Dark Eldar fluff, and he should literally break a game. So instead of having a primarch statline he should have this:

Asdrubael Vect can deepstrike 1500 points from any codex in addition to the army he is already fielding.

Since we do know he likes to summon Salamander Strike Cruisers and Wraithlords out of his bunghole.

Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 13:41

Just an observation but considering how the new 7th codexes have been progressing - assuming of course that the progression does progress fully with the Wolves - I would expect to see Vect become a Lord of War in our new codex. Having not seen the changes to Gharazhghkull - however you spell it - or Bjorn the Fel-handed (thus the progression mentioned above) I'm not sure what to expect re changes to our Supreme Overlord, but it might be sufficiently fitting.

A stitch in time, saves nine.

---

The Templar & The Alien - Battle Report

---

No Rest for the Wicked, a UK based Warhammer 40,000 LARP
Back to top Go down
YoungArchon
Hellion
YoungArchon

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31 2014, 02:39

I find it odd that Vect ever personally enters battle at all, he's maintained over 10,000 years worth of life via torture, cunning, and being one step ahead of every other Eldar with aspirations of glory. Why would he ever risk any of that going into battle, when he could rather manipulate the fight in the comfort of Commoragh while his underlings sweat,tire and possibly die in the combat?
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31 2014, 06:46

Exactly YoungArchon. In the newer books he has multiple doubles acting as him to confuse people. Now granted if they make him a lord of war I'd actually be pretty cool with that, but they better make him a lot better than he currently is, because as it is I can't justify his point cost already. And make his dais better too!

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31 2014, 14:25

I am hoping it will become a chariot!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
YoungArchon
Hellion
YoungArchon

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31 2014, 17:43

Of course he could very easily send in a clone or some such duplicate of himself to boost the morale of his troops and strike terror into his enemies. Or several different Vects riding duplicate dais' while the real Vect is lurking in the shadows with a party of inubi, assassinating high profile targets, such as warbosses, farseers and chapter masters
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2014, 17:58

Yes, he never goes himself, always sends a proxy.

(and the CWE `know` that Vect they see is a check rip off)
Back to top Go down
Sky Devil
Slave
Sky Devil

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 21:21

I'm pretty sure that I read in "Path of the Renegade" that Vect sometimes join in on raids that are hosted by other Kabals. Unfortunately I can't seem to shake up good quote or page though. Smile
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2014, 10:49

Expletive Deleted wrote:
Exactly YoungArchon. In the newer books he has multiple doubles acting as him to confuse people. Now granted if they make him a lord of war I'd actually be pretty cool with that, but they better make him a lot better than he currently is, because as it is I can't justify his point cost already. And make his dais better too!

Given that Ghazghull did not change in any meaningful way I doubt that becoming a Lord of War will do anything for him.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2014, 13:22

Tengu wrote:

This.

Vect would quite rarely actually come to a battlefield.

It is easy to just assume that whenever we make a list that includes Vect, it is not really him.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2014, 17:46

Vect will play when Vect wishes to play and you will like it.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10 2014, 08:03

Vect does what Vect wants. Granted, I do believe he should have some ultra-cheese rule for your army. If he ever did go to a battle himself he'd buff the heck out of your army while he's alive.

Although I'm thinking Urien is kinda meh for who he is too. "Greatest Haemonculus" my foot.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11 2014, 23:12

Oh...Urien....dont you talk about Urien...

John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2014, 23:48

Expletive Deleted wrote:
He should at least have the statline of a primarch.

new codex, we can only hope.
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2014, 23:51

Expletive Deleted wrote:
He should at least have the statline of a primarch.

new codex, we can only hope.
Back to top Go down
Larndorn
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2014, 01:23

Tengu wrote:

(and the CWE `know` that Vect they see is a check rip off)

I only thought it was the Harlequin Motley that was able to figure it out, and Harlequins are hardly CWE(allied with yes, but I would consider them more of an independent faction)
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2014, 13:11

Teeheehee, now he's actually not playable.

Vect shouldn't be playable YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08 2014, 20:41

Cavash wrote:
Teeheehee, now he's actually not playable.

*sigh*
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09 2014, 01:13

Doesn't literally every other faction get their Supreme Commander as a playable character? Calgar, Draigo, Imotekh, Eldrad, the list goes on. Even Ghaz is a LoW choice, correct? It just seemed like another slight against the DE.
Back to top Go down
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18 2014, 18:30

it is stupid that we don't have any of these specials anymore, i think GW thought DE were stealing the light from the front page boys Space marines... even though DE doesnt even really get mentioned
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18 2014, 18:35

Yeah I never advocated the removal of all the other characters, that was just lame. I haven't read every other codex but I'd be curious if we are the codex with the least number of HQ options now. And as far vect being playable I stand by it, I would only want him playable if his rules matched his badassery, kind of like Ghaz. Until then I won't miss him. I will however miss the duke and baron.

Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18 2014, 18:39

honestly if anything i think that the OTHER codexes should lose HQ options...
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19 2014, 00:27

Gamers needed to cry less about how GW "puts out rules for models they dont even make."

Gamers like that caused this. So.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vect shouldn't be playable
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next