THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Vect shouldn't be playable

Go down 
+16
Klaivex Charondyr
asdrubael Vect124
Jimsolo
Cavash
Larndorn
John M
Lord_Alino
Unorthodoxy
Mngwa
MyNameDidntFit
Sky Devil
Tengu
YoungArchon
PartridgeKing
Massaen
Expletive Deleted
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion
asdrubael Vect124

Vect shouldn't be playable - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19 2014, 14:51

who cried about vect?
all they had to do was create a archon model with a trident looking weapon and BOOM theres vect
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23 2014, 14:24

Unorthodoxy wrote:
Gamers needed to cry less about how GW "puts out rules for models they dont even make."

Gamers like that caused this.   So.

Sorry but thats Bullshit.
Gamers had nothing to do with it and there are hundreds of Malys or Baron Conversions out there.

The key point is that GW had to find out the hard way that a backgroundstory and a name doesn't give them the IP over any models that may or may not come out for this entry.
So they stopped giving unit entries without models and deleted entries where they did not have any model on the road.
Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14 2015, 18:38

So how long, actually, HAS Vect been in power? The old 4th ed (revised 2nd Ed) codex made it seem like it was recent, like he obtained power early in the 41st century, or late 40th. All the old stories from there had power still being in the hands of the Archons and Dracons and Vect as a new player on the field, recently uniting the DE. But then the new codex has him being in power for ages and have this weird rivalry between him and Lelith that just didnt exist in the old codex (in fact, the old codex specifically mentioned that one of the things he did was unite the Kabals and the Cults. Its weird. The Necron changes actually progressed their history and story, the DE codex seems to just rewrite it.
Back to top Go down
YoungArchon
Hellion
YoungArchon

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14 2015, 18:55

albions-angel wrote:
So how long, actually, HAS Vect been in power? The old 4th ed (revised 2nd Ed) codex made it seem like it was recent, like he obtained power early in the 41st century, or late 40th. All the old stories from there had power still being in the hands of the Archons and Dracons and Vect as a new player on the field, recently uniting the DE. But then the new codex has him being in power for ages and have this weird rivalry between him and Lelith that just didnt exist in the old codex (in fact, the old codex specifically mentioned that one of the things he did was unite the Kabals and the Cults. Its weird. The Necron changes actually progressed their history and story, the DE codex seems to just rewrite it.

I've remembered reading that he's been in power over Commoragh for 6 Millennia, I do wish however they gave a bit more background on how a halfborn slave forms the greatest millitary organization in all of Commoragh
Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 12:03

Any conclusive background would be good. Like I said, the 4th ed codex seems to directly contradict the 6th ed and 7th ed codices. There was no mention of him being an ex slave in 4th, and he even seemed regal, a natural leader and great tactician. And like I said, the book made out that there were other kabals just as powerful and that his position was uncertain, that only his kabal had cast out the incubi (the fluff on the incubi said they were always the bodyguards of archons and the single story on Vect said he and the Black Hand favoured the very best Kabalites instead, though even his dais had incubi models on it!).

Its like all that lore was just forgotten. I guess it was 12 years though.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 18:13

albions-angel wrote:
There was no mention of him being an ex slave in 4th

"Vect began life as a low-class underling sold into slavery as a child." previous codex, p 55.

I think Vect's origins go back to The Torturer's Tale, back in 3rd, in which he also says he was a slave.

Edit: actually, I'm confused. I think you're getting editions wrong, and taking Black Library stuff as canon (it isn't). Dark Eldar never had a 2nd ed book. They were introduced in 3rd ed, and the 3rd ed codex was later revised and reprinted. Vect is in it, along with his Dais, but the book doesn't say anything about him at all other than that he's the "Supreme Lord of the Kabal of the Black Heart." Of course, that book doesn't say much about anybody. The Torturer's Tale, which was published in White Dwarf during 3rd ed, laid out more backstory than the codex did, and explained who Vect was. We didn't have a 4th ed book. Our 5th ed codex is the one I cited above.

Back to top Go down
albions-angel
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 20:28

Sorry, I meant 3rd when I said 2nd. By 4th, i mean the reprint, which includes the torturers tale and another account of an archon walking into Vect's hall where he is guarded by kabalites, rather than incubi.

And yes, my point was in the very old codex, even the reprint, it was implied he was recently in power, but was chiefly the head of Kabal of the Black Heart. Suddenly in the new codex he has been in power for 6 millennia. Yet between 4th ed and 7th ed, only 50 years or so have passed.

And thats my point, we need some actual, coherent backstory for DE because what we have is a mess.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 22:16

Can you show me where it implies that he was recently in power?

I don't see the contradiction. The original codex doesn't really tell you anything about any of the special characters, or, really, even the Dark Eldar themselves. We know Vect is important, that he's in charge of the Black Heart, and that he's probably more important than the other special characters because he gets to ride around on a dais. Beyond that, Vect, Kruellagh, Lelith, Drazhar, Urien, and Decapitator are all pretty much mysteries. There's no information about the ruling hierarchy of Commorragh, apart from that the Kabals hold power and vie against each other.

I guess I feel like more information doesn't contradict a lack of information. There's nothing in the original codex that implies anything different about Vect than what was later revealed.

Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 22:40

GW have a history of changing/introducing new stuff anyway - like stalkers/hunters/centurions in the latest marine dex (or going back further, honour guard, land raider crusaders and redeemers, etc)

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05 2015, 09:53

Well as far as Vect, I think he should be a LoW or something. I mean him and Eldard have been around nearly the same time. The only Eldar that is older is freaking Urien who was around DURING the fall.

So Vect has been in power for quite sometime, like a few thousand. I think I read somewhere he remembers when the Humans did their great crusade and thought of it as merely entertainment or something like that. I know not where I read that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vect shouldn't be playable   Vect shouldn't be playable - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vect shouldn't be playable
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2