THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ollelta
Kabalite Warrior
Ollelta

250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event Empty
PostSubject: 250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event   250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31 2014, 00:29

My local flgs is holding a speed gaming event - eight half-hour games over the course of a day, not kill team rules or anything special, just standard 40k with no force org - and I've been contemplating lists. We get 250 points to play with, and have no restrictions on what we can take along. We're limited to five minutes a turn, so I'm not expecting many hordes. There's also been a bit of a moratorium on summoning. Consequently my main concerns are MEQ, TEQ, AV10-12 and Flyers.

I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with a DE list that would have a chance of providing a solid answer to all of those threats, and I'm coming up short. I've got a brutal Eldar list, and fairly solid Chaos Daemons and Tau lists to compare to, and I'm struggling.

Eldar:
War-Walker: 1x EML with Flakk, 1x Scatter Laser
Hornet: 2x Pulse Lasers
Hornet: 2x Pulse Lasers

Chaos Daemons:
6x Screamers of Tzeentch
1x Burning Chariot of Tzeentch

Tau:
Stealth Team: Burst Cannon, Burst Cannon, Fusion Blaster w/ target Lock
Broadside: High Yield Missile Pods, Plasma Rifle, Early Warning Override
Broadside: High Yield Missile Pods, Plasma Rifle, Early Warning Override

What would the Dark city take to take down these lists? Should I just go blasters in a boat and reavers or is there some possibility I've overlooked?
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event   250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31 2014, 01:45

Well I'm a dirty dirty Archon

3X Trueborn - 2X Darklances
PT: 86

3X Trueborn - 2X Darklances
PT: 86

4X Trueborn - 2X Splinter Cannon, 2X Shard Carbine
Pt: 78

250 PT
Back to top Go down
Ollelta
Kabalite Warrior
Ollelta

PostSubject: Re: 250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event   250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31 2014, 10:12

I was coming up with similar results Lord Alino, but I was concerned it was just a bit too squishy. Having slept on it I've come up with the following:

3x Trueborn, 2x Blaster, 3x Haywire, 3x Plasma, 1x Shardcarbine - 80pts

Venom, 2x Splinter Cannon - 65pts

Ravager, 2x Dark Lance, 1 x Dissintigrator - 105 pts

This feels like a more durable version of the above, with a more mobility and a little more flexibility. I'm even tempted to go full dissie on the ravager, as it would pose a credible threat to AV 10-11 flyers and TEQ alike, however, that means I'll be relying on the trueborn to deal with AV12+.. dangerous, but possibly a worthwhile risk.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event   250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31 2014, 19:25

That seems pretty good. How about 2 Dissintigrators instead of 1? Also, why would you fight fliers at 250 points?
Back to top Go down
Ollelta
Kabalite Warrior
Ollelta

PostSubject: Re: 250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event   250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31 2014, 20:55

With my meta it's a given. I'll be surprised if I don't see at least two lists with flyers on the day. It's just how it is around here!

Two dissies sounds solid to me. I think I'll be heading in that direction. TEQ beware!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event   250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31 2014, 21:09

Two lists with flyers? Hmm... Luckily it's not 350 unbound. Can you imagine fighting a Knight Titan?

Also... if you drop the haywires and that Shard Carbine, you could put night shields on the ravager which could potentially be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Ollelta
Kabalite Warrior
Ollelta

PostSubject: Re: 250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event   250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2014, 09:40

Lord_Alino wrote:
if you drop the haywires and that Shard Carbine, you could put night shields on the ravager which could potentially be worth it.

This is a good call. Reduces the schizophrenic targeting priorities of the true born squad, and counters a lot of medium to short range guns aimed at the boat. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event   250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2014, 20:43

You're welcome. I was thinking there's not really a need to put haywires or a shard carbine on the Trueborn. I mean, they shouldn't get in CC but hey hey you've got plasmas.

Back to top Go down
Ollelta
Kabalite Warrior
Ollelta

PostSubject: Re: 250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event   250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17 2014, 19:46

For anyone who's interested, the final list I took, and the results of the day can be found here: http://www.eldarresplendent.co.uk/1/viewtopic.php?f=22&p=7101#p7101

Cheers again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event   250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

250 points unbound for flgs speed gaming event
Page 1 of 1