THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ladies of Pyrandris

Go down 
+2
Siticus the Ancient
Lord_Alino
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Ladies of Pyrandris Empty
PostSubject: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31 2014, 06:16

Hello ladies, duckdrakes, cakes, gentlemen, blades, errors, and all you other people out there!

I will be starting up a Project log in around December (Give me time to get the army) of the Sisters of Battle!

I'll be using mostly models from the Raging Heroes company. I mean, let's face it. They have cheaper and cooler looking models available for the army.

The colour scheme is going to be desert schemed. (I made a scheme on DoW of what the colours they'll follow.)
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2014, 08:25

Not much here but I've been thinking about the possible color schemes and these are the two I can't decide from ---

Ladies of Pyrandris I3cosh Ladies of Pyrandris 25oxb4n

Voting, which is your guy's favorite?
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2014, 08:49

I must say, I like the first scheme more. The warmer colours really draw in the eye.

fishoutofwater
Slave
fishoutofwater

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2014, 10:28

I really like the first scheme but I feel like it is missing a spot colour like red or something just to add a little 'pa zaz' maybe on the eyes or something.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2014, 19:32

So it seems like the top one is the most popular. (So far.)

I could do red eyes but I don't want them looking to cartoony.
Back to top Go down
Wolf Blackwood
Slave
Wolf Blackwood

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2014, 19:46

I dont have a preference for the schemes but i do agree that they could do with a splash of colour.

I would advocate Red, purely because Sisters of Battle are all about faith and martyrdom and red is traditionally the colour of the martyr (in Christianity at least) and is probably more recognisable as such!

Wolf
Back to top Go down
fishoutofwater
Slave
fishoutofwater

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2014, 19:52

I would probably use It sparingly where you can so on purity seals and on any cherubin you use but, I think if you manage to pull off a decent osl effect on the eyes it would look very very good
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2014, 20:19

I think doing it on the eyes and purity seals would probably work.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04 2014, 16:41

At first i thought asking others to vote a colour scheme for you was a bad idea because you're the one who have to like them in the end.
But when you can look at the voters entries on this forum to see if you share the same taste it starts to make sense.

I'd go for a mix of the two, the armor of the first (looks like stronger contrast with the face and shoulderplates) and the darker cloth from the second.
And i agree on small red parts.

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05 2014, 19:49

Dealing as it does with one of the lesser races, I have moved this topic to Distractions. Gob.

I am looking forward to seeing this progress. I would vote for the 2nd scheme myself, if I had to choose, as I think it has just a little more "pop" to it. But either one will be great, and yes, select red highlights would work very well.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05 2014, 20:12

Hmm... I think I'll go with the first color scheme, although use the fabric of the second one.

With select red areas of course.

Opinion?
Back to top Go down
fishoutofwater
Slave
fishoutofwater

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05 2014, 23:14

I've got to admit I'm beggining to really look forward to this project log. I think the combination of the two will work very well. I'm not sure if the sob use them but are you thinking of making your order have their own symbol, like you did with your coven?
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2014, 01:33

My coven... holy crap I haven't posted anything on them in forever XD. I've got most of that army finished, although got bored of them so am taking a break.

As for the Sisters, I suppose I could do a symbol. Give me some time though.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2014, 03:07

Ladies of Pyrandris 30ji9ma
Back to top Go down
fishoutofwater
Slave
fishoutofwater

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2014, 11:04

My Gawwwd  Shocked when you said give you some time it thought you meant a week, not two hours!
That's incredible I think it would look amazing on your banners
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2014, 14:50

I've got the sinking feeling your sisters of battle are going to be lovely.
In a butt-kicking way.

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2014, 15:30

I don't know how well I could paint that onto one of my banners but I might try getting some decals if I can find a place that makes custom ones.

And I hope my sisters are lovely. I always dislike it when a model turns out bad.

For now anyways, enjoy this picture of Goku holding an lol sign.

lol! 
Back to top Go down
fishoutofwater
Slave
fishoutofwater

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 11:12

All you really need to do for custom decals is: have the image you want to print, an ink jet or laser printer and sealer to stop the decals running into each other. The stuff to do it is widely available and there's a lot of tutorials that explain it better than I do
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 15:32

Alright, I'll have to check them out some time.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 18:21

For armor I'm thinking Spray Paint grey.

Armor Base - Kislev Flesh and White Scar 50/50 mix.

Clothe Base - Rhinox Hide
Clothe - Drybrush on Baneblade Brown

Shoulder Pads and face mask - Gorther Brown and Steel Legion Drab 50/50 mix.

Gold Trimmings - Yriel Yellow

Gray Areas - Administratum Gray

Eyes, Purity Seals - Evil Sunz Scarlet.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16 2014, 00:10

I think I'll post pone this project log once we get our new codex. (I'll be working on a Wych Cult)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ladies of Pyrandris   Ladies of Pyrandris I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ladies of Pyrandris
Page 1 of 1