THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My Homebrew Power from Pain rules

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

My Homebrew Power from Pain rules Empty
PostSubject: My Homebrew Power from Pain rules   My Homebrew Power from Pain rules I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04 2014, 13:10

Another member of this site, Hijallo, had an idea I read about while reading a wishlisting thread concerning the upcoming codex and what changes it might bring.  He gave me the idea about Power from Pain becoming sort of a stand-in for Dark Eldar psychic powers.  Instead of special rules stacking as the Dark Eldar unit takes out enemy units, I've made it similar to the way the Sisters of Battle have Faith Powers.  Basically each turn a Dark Eldar unit attempts to generate a Pain Charge, with the odds of them generating a charge becoming more likely as the game goes on, especially if they start dishing out the hurt to enemy units.  Once generated, Pain Charges don't go away unless they're used to activate a Pain Power.  A Dark Eldar unit will know several Pain Powers depending on what unit they are.  There are Pain Power "Paths" which are sort of like psychic disciplines.  Kabalites, Trueborn, Scourges, and Archons get the Path of Darkness.  Wyches, Bloodbrides, and Succubi get the Path of Blades.  Wracks, Grotesques, and Haemonculi get the Path of Sadism.  Hellions, Reavers, and Incubi choose powers from the Path of Darkness and the Path of Blades, leaning more heavily towards Blades in the case of Hellions and Incubi.  I didn't know how to incorporate powers into the Beastmasters, so I didn't give him Power from Pain, but I reduced his points cost (I figured the beasts would be doing most of the work anyway).  Anyhow, I hope you enjoy my Homebrew Power from Pain!

Power(s) from Pain!

edit - Oh yeah, Mandrakes have their own discipline, which has powers from the Path of Darkness and Mandrake-only powers (like Bale Blast!). It makes sense when you know that Mandrakes are a lot scarier in my Homebrew codex, but they're limited to 0-1, and if you take an Archon with a Reaver Jetbike or Hellion Skyboard, you can take Reavers or Hellions as Troops, but you can't take Mandrakes at all.

Merged double post - Baron T

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Hijallo
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: My Homebrew Power from Pain rules   My Homebrew Power from Pain rules I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2014, 17:58

Oh, someone had actually read my post! How embarrassing!

Idea of splitting into several disciplines seems solid. However, i'd probably add a fourth "Generic" power line which would contain universal powers useful for any unit.

One can only hope Mr. Kelly occasionally visits this site and his ego won't blind his eyes to some great ideas floating around. However, it might be useful to re-create our future 'dex wishlist on Warseer since it's greater base.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: My Homebrew Power from Pain rules   My Homebrew Power from Pain rules I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 01:58

Thanks Hijallo!  I would add a fourth ''Generic" power line but if you read my fan 'Dex, even lowly Kabalites have 4 different powers which cover everything from a super-long run move, re-roll cover saves, better close combat (at least against M.C.s) and more devastating splinter-rifle fire, I tried to cover all of the bases.

edit - Well, after some double-checking, Kabalite Warriors do not have any bonuses that make them better in Assault in any way, but then again, who uses Kabalite Warriors to Assault? And usually, when we do, it's because we're facing Tau and we don't need to worry. I guess on that note the Power from Pain rules as I have written them increase the Shootiness of Shooty units, and the Slashyness of Slashy units, so each unit is a little more specialized, but that makes sense to me. I would still venture to say that the bulk of Dark Eldar units are slightly less specialized than their Craftworld cowering cousins!

Merged double post - Baron T

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Homebrew Power from Pain rules   My Homebrew Power from Pain rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Homebrew Power from Pain rules
Page 1 of 1