THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Baroness Conversion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Garacesh
Hellion
Garacesh

Baroness Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Baroness Conversion   Baroness Conversion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14 2014, 16:41

Baroness Conversion JvyM0vq

Whilst reading over the Codex it seems that more manipulative, mean Dark Eldar seem to usually be the females (With the exception of Vect, of course.. But we all know he hasn't much longer left on the throne.. And when that day comes.. AHEM. Where was I?) so with that in mind my army is leaning more towards a matriarchal theme.

So with that in mind I've whipped up this Baroness. I suppose I should probably get to painting her now, huh?

The body is mostly warrior. The dagger arm is a Wych arm, the other from the Hellion kit. The head I also think comes from Wyches, but I don't recall, and the cape is from a Dark Elf Shadowblade. I wanted her Hellglaive to look much bigger and more menacing, so I replaced the regular blades with those from the Wood Elf Astri Glaive. One of them had a hand in it, so that got replaced with one of the spare skulls from the Hellion kit.

The skyboard is kitbashed from a regular skyboard, plus Arena champion pieces from Reavers and chain snares and spikes from Raiders. The chain snares are useful for holding the skyboard at such an extreme angle. Eventually it will be magnetised too, for extra stability.

Baroness Conversion NHrM1lYBaroness Conversion ZJpfyauBaroness Conversion S18ha0ZBaroness Conversion 45sqyMSBaroness Conversion 1xycgisBaroness Conversion NK3gEeYBaroness Conversion O0NhDFf

(Sorry for so many images, but I'm not 7 days old yet, so I can't link to the external album)
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Baroness Conversion   Baroness Conversion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14 2014, 19:35

I like this. It's really unique compared to other conversions I've seen of this guy.
Back to top Go down
Garacesh
Hellion
Garacesh

PostSubject: Re: Baroness Conversion   Baroness Conversion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14 2014, 20:06

Thanks! I like my conversions to be unique, which is why I went a little silly with the pose, standing on the wing rather than the main body.. But I thought, since Hellions strike me as sort of 'crazy biker gang', their leader would give no.. poops.. about using it 'wrong; (and also be skilled enough to pull it off) so long as it got the job done.

After that it was just a matter of 'Accentuate bits to make them stand out more' whilst still keeping the initial theme. Bigger wings, chain snares, etc all keep with the right theme, but make it really stand out (I also have a longer stem base on the way so she's riding higher than the others), and larger weapons just give off that 'Get's the lion share of the spoils' look.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Baroness Conversion   Baroness Conversion I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14 2014, 20:23

I've seen the cape done before (but hey, that's like... 100 conversions I've seen on this guy as well)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baroness Conversion   Baroness Conversion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baroness Conversion
Page 1 of 1