THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......

Go down 
+5
Crazy_Irish
Evil Space Elves
Count Adhemar
Lord_Alino
Gobsmakked
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15 2014, 21:28

flakmonkey wrote:
So, finished up my Venom. ...... But I want that purple font.

And purple ye shall have!

Don't worry about your painting skills, Flakmonkey, this is all just for fun. And we are all levels of skill here. I have been at it for some 6-7 years now and still feel like a complete noob quite often.

Besides, your Venom looks good!

Cheers.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16 2014, 15:24

OK here a little update. The scourges are done, the bases will be done some time later when I have all my stuff again.
The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 Scourg13

Next are the wracks, how fitting! Here is my test mini, I'm not sure yet, if I like all the colours. Especially I am not pleased with the blue in general. I guess I'll use a yellow black wasp scheme like I used on my heami and taloi.
The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 Wrack10

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16 2014, 23:49

I've got the Baneblade put together. -Progress!-
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21 2014, 02:59

Finally stopped avoiding that Land Raider (magnets EVERYWHERE)
The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 IMG_20140920_185012147_HDR
The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 IMG_20140920_102210069_HDR

The Spartan just needs the tracks attached for priming. I'll go ahead and paint both of these at the same time. 600pts in one go? YES!

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 21 2014, 09:12

Evil Space Elves wrote:
I'll go ahead and paint both of these at the same time. 600pts in one go? YES!

Your Magos would be pleased that you work so efficient ;-)

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22 2014, 10:13

Due to a dodgy spray can I am now extremely unlikely to get my Broadsides painted this month. The bloody primer has coated everything with a horrible, grainy layer that has the look and feel of sandpaper. I'm now going to have to strip it off somehow, which is not proving to be easy. Sad Mad

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2014, 03:33

Getting closer:
The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 IMG_20140922_184822045_HDR

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 23 2014, 12:24

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Getting closer:
The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 IMG_20140922_184822045_HDR

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD MAN! GET TO IT!
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 24 2014, 08:29

Gobsmakked wrote:
Don't worry about your painting skills, Flakmonkey, this is all just for fun.  And we are all levels of skill here.  I have been at it for some 6-7 years now and still feel like a complete noob quite often.

Besides, your Venom looks good!

Cheers.

Appreciate it Gobsmacked.

Here is my dual Agoniser Succubus. I also gave her a Phantasm Grenade Launcher, hope she can actually take one in the new 'dex

[img]The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 Photo_18[/img]

[img]The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 Photo_19[/img]

And I definitely feel like a noob posting after Evil Space Elves. Those Marines look awesome
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26 2014, 18:27

Always hate following good painting in these threads to flak like yourself! World eaters awesome ESE. Really liking that Succubus Flak, the blue armour in particular is a really nice hue, more pictures and models with that would be awesome to see!

Here are my night lord plasma gunners (old school sculpt), 5 havocs and predator tank, a tough one this month but made it:

The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 IMAG0036

The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 IMAG0037

The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 IMAG0038

The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 IMAG0039

The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 IMAG0041

The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 IMAG0042

Nearly finished with these guys then onto new Deldar goodies!
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29 2014, 08:22

I haven't seen Havocs like that for ages. Or Plasma guns with round muzzles like that.
Also, good work on the missile launcher conversions, they fit in very well. And I always dig some lightning effects.

Well, here is the rest of my stuff. Good thing I painted a spare head (ended up doing a male+female)for my Spiritseer conversion, as it didn't come out how I hoped. The Culexus is okay, but I think I made a mistake with my colour choice. Red might be too bright?
And I threw in another pic of the Succubus with some other wych cult friends for Dragontree Very Happy

The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 Photo_20
The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 Photo_21
The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 Photo_22
The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 Photo_23

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29 2014, 18:42

I think the culexus looks great, the mask looks great and the red against the stark bone works well IMO.

Thanks for the extra pictures! I really like the glowy blue hue you've got going. When I get round to re-painting my dire looking dark eldar I'm going to go for a similar style look.

Though how soon they get attention depends a lot on the quality of the codex...

Dark Eldar, Chaos Space Marines and Militarum Tempestus... I am just rolling in GW quality Razz

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 07:00

flakmonkey wrote:
The Culexus is okay, but I think I made a mistake with my colour choice. Red might be too bright?

By my eye, I think the red is perfect. Anything else and it would make the overall mini look a little drab. Pulls the eye towards the head, which is really the focus of the model.

I'm am stinking it up on the vow this month Mad Crimson Fists:Nope. World Eaters Land Raider and Spartan:Assembled/no paint. Assault squad: 90% done. Not a great month for painting, but I have been distracted:
The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 IMG_20140918_193934217

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 09:43

I approve highly of this, ESE

The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30 2014, 10:08

Evil Space Elves wrote:
flakmonkey wrote:
The Culexus is okay, but I think I made a mistake with my colour choice. Red might be too bright?

By my eye, I think the red is perfect. Anything else and it would make the overall mini look a little drab. Pulls the eye towards the head, which is really the focus of the model.

I'm am stinking it up on the vow this month Mad  Crimson Fists:Nope. World Eaters Land Raider and Spartan:Assembled/no paint. Assault squad: 90% done. Not a great month for painting, but I have been distracted:
The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 IMG_20140918_193934217

I have only the vaguest idea of what this is, but it looks expensive. How'd you afford that AND all the Forgeworld stuff? :-)

I did want the Culexus to be dark, as what kind of self respecting assassin goes around brightly coloured? But I am glad that the red seems to have been a good choice.

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01 2014, 14:59

Failed. Hugely failed Sad The two Venoms are the right basic colours, but I got bored and started mucking about with World Eaters again. I will set my self something straightforward and simple that I can just batch paint next time. I want that purple!

Good work everybody else, jealous of your drive, commitment and patience!

Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 11:22

So what ended up happening with the vow? Do we get the purple? Or did not enough people complete?

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10 2014, 11:24

pokes Gobsmakked

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11 2014, 03:05

Count Adhemar wrote:
pokes Gobsmakked

*Evil Space Elves gets poked instead Razz

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14 2014, 20:56

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
pokes Gobsmakked

*Evil Space Elves gets poked instead Razz

Apologies to all, apparently I needed a good slap this past month, rather than a mere poke.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......   The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, ....... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Monthly Vow, September 2014 - paint it now, .......
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2