THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reaver Blood Vanes/Cluster Caltrops

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Reaver Blood Vanes/Cluster Caltrops Empty
PostSubject: Reaver Blood Vanes/Cluster Caltrops   Reaver Blood Vanes/Cluster Caltrops I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14 2014, 15:28

Sorry if this has been mentioed before chaps, but I think I missed it.

So, the turbo-boost face-kick.
Obviously the remark which said wounds are taken from the Reavers end position was removed from the FAQ, so where DO we take wounds from?
From where the Reaver started? Or from where it ends up?
I see both as being viable options, but can't work it out or find a rule to backup either argument.

Help?

Cheers.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Blood Vanes/Cluster Caltrops   Reaver Blood Vanes/Cluster Caltrops I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14 2014, 15:50

Note that I'm using the rules from the 'Shooting Phase' section for this, as that comes closest to what we're after (and takes place in the same phase). I would say either from the final position of the Reavers, or randomise. Logic for the former, is that the bladevane attacks are resolved -after- the unit has completed its move, and you take casualties from the closest model to the unit that inflicted the damage.

The alternative is to use Random Allocation on p.35, where (paraphrasing) it says if you can't work out the direction of an attack, randomly determine a model in the unit and that model counts as being the closest until the attack ends or it dies.

What I would do? Consult with the opponent before the game and come to an agreement, if an agreement cannot be made default to random allocation.

Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Blood Vanes/Cluster Caltrops   Reaver Blood Vanes/Cluster Caltrops I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15 2014, 05:23

It is in the faq. From where they ended
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Blood Vanes/Cluster Caltrops   Reaver Blood Vanes/Cluster Caltrops I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15 2014, 09:32

Bleaksoul Brethren wrote:
It is in the faq. From where they ended

It was in the FAQ for 6e. It's not in the FAQ for 7e.

Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Blood Vanes/Cluster Caltrops   Reaver Blood Vanes/Cluster Caltrops I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15 2014, 13:38

I think that since the wounds are caused by moving over the enemy unit, the wound allocation process from the shooting phase is sufficient, as by the time the wounds come to be allocated, the Reaver unit is at it's final position. To all intents and purposes, considering them to then be the 'firing unit' amounts to the same thing as the previous FAQ; assign the wounds starting with the models closest to the Reaver's final position.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reaver Blood Vanes/Cluster Caltrops   Reaver Blood Vanes/Cluster Caltrops I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reaver Blood Vanes/Cluster Caltrops
Page 1 of 1