THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Succubus wargear

Go down 
+7
Bibitybopitybacon
lelith
darthken239
Klaivex Charondyr
El_Jairo
The_Burning_Eye
Norrin
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Norrin
Hellion
Norrin

Succubus wargear Empty
PostSubject: Succubus wargear   Succubus wargear I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2014, 23:26

I plan on fielding my Succubus with a squad of Incubi, and using WWP. I will equip her with the Archite Glaive. I will probably take the haywire grenade just cuz.. only 5 points. Should I bother with any other options? I was thinking the Armour of Misery, but really the only use I can see coming from it is the penalties to leadership. Either she will be in melee, or she will have Incubi around her. Worth the points? Any others... any ideas?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Succubus wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus wargear   Succubus wargear I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2014, 23:39

Haywire with Incubi - she's unlikely to use them I'd say, since they don't have anything that can reliably hurt vehicles.

If you're looking for a 5pt upgrade, the parasite's kiss is a quirky option - it could certainly be useful against some opponents (probably not marines... Razz )

I quite like the helm of spite i have to say, but then it did cause my opponent to peril his psyker to death the first time i took it, so i would, wouldn't i.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

Succubus wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus wargear   Succubus wargear I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2014, 23:51

+1 to what Burning Eye said.
Back to top Go down
Norrin
Hellion
Norrin

Succubus wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus wargear   Succubus wargear I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2014, 23:51

Sorry.. I should have mentioned... most of my opponents are chaos or space marines.
I figured the haywire in case a dreadnought should come looking to stomp some DE in melee.

Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

Succubus wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus wargear   Succubus wargear I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16 2014, 00:07

Not to sure if I would put HWG on my units if your main problem are dreads.

Normally I would go:
I make a mistake, Dread charges, kills some. I opt to disengage due to "our weapons are useless" (good chance to get away and blast him in your shooting phase)

With HWG I cant disengage cause I do have a weapon that could harm him. That weapon is 1 Attack that hits on 3+, has no chance to explode him (due to AP-).
In case of a Fiend he even has his invul and IWND.
Back to top Go down
Norrin
Hellion
Norrin

Succubus wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus wargear   Succubus wargear I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16 2014, 00:18

Klaivex Charondyr wrote:
Not to sure if I would put HWG on my units if your main problem are dreads.

Normally I would go:
I make a mistake, Dread charges, kills some. I opt to disengage due to "our weapons are useless" (good chance to get away and blast him in your shooting phase)

With HWG I cant disengage cause I do have a weapon that could harm him. That weapon is 1 Attack that hits on 3+, has no chance to explode him (due to AP-).
In case of a Fiend he even has his invul and IWND.
Fair point!
Back to top Go down
Norrin
Hellion
Norrin

Succubus wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus wargear   Succubus wargear I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16 2014, 00:22

And how about the Animus Vitae? Any comments on that one?

Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

Succubus wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus wargear   Succubus wargear I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16 2014, 00:41

Pretty much hit or miss. Together with a WWP on a non-combat unit like a Haemi why not... its 20 points so not a huge investment but the benefits could be very nice. Assaults in turn 3 with FC could be nasty.
But I would not rely on it.
Back to top Go down
darthken239
Kabalite Warrior
darthken239

Succubus wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus wargear   Succubus wargear I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16 2014, 01:04

Amour of misery for sure, at least you'll get some sort of save Vs vehicle blowing up and shooting attacks if she has to take one
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

Succubus wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus wargear   Succubus wargear I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16 2014, 01:43

I would bring her with grot bodyguards to get majority T5 and go offensively (i.e., Weapons/Helm/TAV > Armor)

Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

Succubus wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus wargear   Succubus wargear I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16 2014, 01:45

Armor of misery, glaive, haywire, wwp. Deep striking with a unit of 6 grotz.
Back to top Go down
Caldria
Kabalite Warrior
Caldria

Succubus wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus wargear   Succubus wargear I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16 2014, 01:47

I'd say the Animus Vitae is much better served on an Archon with his BS7. You REALLY want that shot to hit, because you're already generally only wounding on a 4+ with it, and you only have one shot.

For a Succubus with Incubi, I'd just go with the armour of misery for a 4+/6++ save when not in combat - and the debuff to LD helps a little to win and overrun in combat. Though as you mostly fight marines you won't be overrunning much.

Its tough for me between the Archite Glaive and Agoniser. Generally I'd just give her the archite glaive and that's it - and then always use the 2 handed option imo. But with Incubi who are already ap2 maybe an agoniser would be decent if you go against tougher opponents so that you always wound on a 4+.
But at the same time the archite glaive works great with them too as it syncs up with their weapons. And usually you'd rather just pour splinter fire into tough things like monstrous creatures etc.

But Archite Glaive + Armour of Misery is a great combo for her imo. Makes her fairly killy and still inexpensive, even with the WWP.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

Succubus wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus wargear   Succubus wargear I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16 2014, 01:57

Im wondering if the court might be better than grotz... She keeps fleet that way..
Back to top Go down
UndeadKing
Slave
UndeadKing

Succubus wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus wargear   Succubus wargear I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26 2014, 17:52

The new succubus model comes with both the glaive and agonizer is it worth equipping both or just one?
Back to top Go down
Fauxmonculus
Hellion

Succubus wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus wargear   Succubus wargear I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26 2014, 18:22

UndeadKing wrote:
The new succubus model comes with both the glaive and agonizer is it worth equipping both or just one?

I swapped the agoniser for a blast pistol on mine.  The glaive seems to handle everything I need it to in assault, and sometimes an extra S8 AP2 shot on the way in is useful, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Norrin
Hellion
Norrin

Succubus wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus wargear   Succubus wargear I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26 2014, 19:37

Fauxmonculus wrote:

I swapped the agoniser for a blast pistol on mine.  The glaive seems to handle everything I need it to in assault, and sometimes an extra S8 AP2 shot on the way in is useful, IMO.
I agree, and I have done the same. Though since my friends are more than happy to play as good as, I used the stinger pistol from the resin haemonculus model to represent a generic badass pistol, quite possibly the Parasite's Kiss.

Wych

Succubus wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus wargear   Succubus wargear I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 02:21

I always use the succubus to throw a plasma grenade on the way in. The extra points for the blast pistol seems not as useful because of the grenade. That said, even with a BS of 6, she threw the grenade over the top of the Orks and landed on top of the Klaivex who failed Look Out Sir, Armor, and FNP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Succubus wargear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Succubus wargear   Succubus wargear I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Succubus wargear
Page 1 of 1