THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First attempt at the new dex AND 7th edition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SOlyer
Hellion

First attempt at the new dex AND 7th edition Empty
PostSubject: First attempt at the new dex AND 7th edition   First attempt at the new dex AND 7th edition I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 02:54

I am trying to get used to all the new armies out there and rules that changed since i last played but after a lot reading and questions I think ive come up with my first try at an army.

1500 pts

CAD DE

HQ
Hammy (SH) (85) goes with the 4 grots in grotesquerie
Troops
10 Warriors, Splinter Cannon in Raider, Splinter racks, Night Shields, Dark Lance (185)
10 Warriors, SC in Raider, SR, NS, DL (185)
Fast Attack
6 Reavers, 2 blasters, 2 cluster caltrops (146)
6 Reavers, 2bl, 2cc (146)
6 Reavers, 2bl, 2cc (146)

Grotesquerie
Hammy (SH) (85)
4 grots (1 aberration) Liquifier gun scissorhand (180)
4 Grots (1 Ab) LG SH (180)
2 Raiders with Aither sails and NS DL (160)

The main idea here is to get my army up the field quickly and to be in there face turn 2. I'll use the DL's on the boats and the blasters on my reavers to pop the high priority armor. As i move forward ill be shooting with some descent fire power coming from my reavers, boats, and warriors in the boats, all while threatening to mop everyone up with my grots. By turn 3 i hope to be wrecking havoc on their entire side of the board. The reavers are my do all unit, they are AT, AI, ranged, and cc so i really want to keep them. I think they work suprisingly well with the grots.

What do you guys think. I am also trying to figure out how to expand this same list to 1850 pts.... I really want to some how fit that hammy, chronos, and tallos formation into this list at 1850. If not i dont know what i would really do to expand my big hitters at 1850. I dont like ravagers much with their increase in points and not being able to shoot 3 shots if i move more than 6 inches. Also, its hard to not feel like that detachment wouldnt be perfect for this army. If you have any ideas on how to get that unit into my 1850 pt list with keeping the majority of my army and ideology that would be great to hear.

Thanks for the comments Smile

Back to top Go down
SOlyer
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at the new dex AND 7th edition   First attempt at the new dex AND 7th edition I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25 2014, 15:44

48 views, no advice or comments?
Back to top Go down
fredpower
Hellion
fredpower

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at the new dex AND 7th edition   First attempt at the new dex AND 7th edition I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26 2014, 01:57

I did a list tring to do what a ask
to fit the talos cronos e heamunculo formation
i didnt put the clusters on the reavers (they need to shot on av)
and the splinter cannon from the kabalites(for points)
i put 1 grotesque extra in each from the formation( they will be fearless turn 2 so if the raider survives they dont need the haemunculo on them)
for hq for basic detachment i put the court with medusae(with the haemunculo from grotesques formation with wwp in a venon. this can take marines like water and a good mob control)
and in the talos ... formation wwp for haemunculo
try this and see if you like the result
sry for my english im brazilian.
Back to top Go down
OutrunKoil
Hellion
OutrunKoil

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at the new dex AND 7th edition   First attempt at the new dex AND 7th edition I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 11:24

Personally, I'd get rid of splinter racks and splinter cannons on the raider squads, add in a couple of blasters.

It all depends on who you're facing though. You haven't got too much ranged AT for my liking. Or anti air for that matter. Maybe swap out a reaver squad for a Razorwing Jetfighter with DLs?
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at the new dex AND 7th edition   First attempt at the new dex AND 7th edition I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 27 2014, 14:05

what's the aim of the list?
Competitive events or just for fun with mates? this will greatly change advice.

For example, as a regular tourney goer - your list lacks more than a few parts to make it even remotely workable in a TAC format with little ranges AT, nil AA, few OS scoring units, no way of dealing with knights reliably and quickly and a gimmick formation that is to hit and miss in effect

That said, as a fun list with people of a like mind - I can see it being fun!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First attempt at the new dex AND 7th edition   First attempt at the new dex AND 7th edition I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First attempt at the new dex AND 7th edition
Page 1 of 1