THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1st Attempt with New Dex

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

1st Attempt with New Dex Empty
PostSubject: 1st Attempt with New Dex   1st Attempt with New Dex I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2014, 05:56

I've spent several days looking through the codex/supplement, trying to find solid combos, and this is what I have landed on.  I'm still up in the air on several units that I did not include.  I'm really enjoying this release so far.  SOO many options to try out.

Primary CAD

HQ
Haemy - Armor of Misery, WWP (joined with a Scourge unit)

Troops
Warriors (10) - Raider w/Splinter Racks
Warriors (5) - Venom w/2x S. Cannons

Fast Attack
Reavers (3), Cluster Caltrops

Reavers (3), Cluster Caltrops

Scourge (5), 4 HL

Formations

Scalpel Squadron
Wracks (5), Ossefactor - Venom w/2x S. Cannons

Wracks (5), Ossefactor - Venom w/2x S. Cannons

Corpsethief Claw
Talos (5), 5 TL HWB

Dark Artisan
Talos (1), TL HWB
Cronos (1), Spirit Probe
Haemy - Archangel of Pain, WWP

This list comes in at 1931

My strategy with this list would be to utilize the Outflank move from the Corpsethief Claw formation and move the 5 taloi into my opponents deployment zone.  In reserves I would put the other two formations as well as the Warrior filled Raider and the 2 units of scourges.  The two units of reavers would start in some piece of terrain that I could hide them in the best.

Turn 1 would consist of the Scalpel Squadron coming in from deep strike and firing everything at the weakest unit to try to get an easy D3 VPs, and the Corpsethief Claw formation moving in toward the enemy.  Staying alive and getting into position in this turn is critical.

Turn 2: Dark Artisan unit DS in using the WWP near the Corpsethief Claw unit.  Utilizing the cronos to max out the FNP (and re-rolling 1s from Haemy).  If things worked out and I've gotten into position, then the scourge unit with Haemy will DS in using WWP.  Fire off Archangel of pain, combined with Armor of Misery and combined with Freakish Spectacle (x2).... that's LD test on -6 LD. Get the Scalpel Squadron nearby and it's -7 LD. Can you use Freakish Spectacle more than once? It does specify THIS formation in the rule  

What SHOULD be happening here is the AoP and AoM combine to wipe/neuter any nearby infantry units. Then this huge fire magnet will cause any vehicles to turn and face them in order to deal with this immediate threat in their backfield, thus exposing their rear armor to my reavers.  I emphasized 'should' because as I said in Turn 1, getting into position and staying alive is key to pulling this off.

My main concern with this list is that it is deep strike dependent.  I haven't ran this yet, due to lack of coven models, but any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.  I've 69 points to play with, maybe another 3 man unit of reavers?

Edit: Added 2nd troop choice and removed HWB Scourge unit.

Last edited by merse24 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 07:07; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: 1st Attempt with New Dex   1st Attempt with New Dex I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2014, 06:49

Aren't you missing one Troops choice? Smile
Back to top Go down
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

PostSubject: Re: 1st Attempt with New Dex   1st Attempt with New Dex I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2014, 07:03

Damn. I knew I was forgetting something. Haha.

Edited to fix the problem.
Back to top Go down
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

PostSubject: Re: 1st Attempt with New Dex   1st Attempt with New Dex I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15 2014, 15:19

Link to the topic regarding the Freakish Spectacle rule:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t10315-freakish-spectacle#115037
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Attempt with New Dex   1st Attempt with New Dex I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Attempt with New Dex
Page 1 of 1