THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Club looking for members

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Club looking for members Empty
PostSubject: Club looking for members   Club looking for members I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 14:35

Hi guys, not sure where else to really post something like this.

I appreciate it's only likely to be relevant to a very small percentage of forum members but that could make a big difference to us.

I help to run a games club in Asfordby, which is located just outside Melton Mowbray in the East Midlands of the UK. We've recently had a bit of a slow-down in attendance for one reason or another, and I'm hoping to generate interest from anyone who may be in range to attend - we currently only charge £2.50 to cover the cost of hall hire, and your first game is free, but anyone who's looking to get in regular games (and those who can only make it occasionally) are most welcome.

We have a forum that we use to organise games, campaigns etc, which can be found here

If you have any questions or you'd like to attend, please either sign up to the forum (we're a friendly bunch) or pm me here and I'll do my best to answer.

Thanks for reading, and if you know anyone else who may be interested but doesn't frequent The Dark City, please pass this on!
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Club looking for members   Club looking for members I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 15:20

Sadly I'm in Bristol but if you ever have any tournament events or what have you I wouldn't mind a jaunt to attend.

Hope you can drum up some interest!
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Club looking for members   Club looking for members I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 15:30

I'll bear that in mind! I've always wanted to do some kind of 24hr game for charity, possibly rotating generals every couple of hours or something like that, but never yet got round to figuring how it would work.
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
D34m0nSp4wn
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Club looking for members   Club looking for members I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 16:13

A bit far away from me as well I'm afraid (Doncaster) although people at my club would potentially be interested to hear about any big tournaments. For other games systems than 40k as well...
Back to top Go down
StokieRich
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Club looking for members   Club looking for members I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 17:40

Sorry bud, down in Exeter here despite the name (Originally from Stoke)

I like the 24hr game idea I'd be prepared to travel up for that Smile
Back to top Go down
http://twotimestwohobbytime.blogspot.com/
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Club looking for members   Club looking for members I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 17:43

Also very much up for the 24hr game!

That or a denizens of UK/europe meet up to wage war...
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Club looking for members   Club looking for members I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19 2014, 07:31

Likewise, count me in for a 24h charity killathon if it ever comes about. In fact I think you should just consider this thread a signup for that particular event, since you seem to be very much alone in Asfordby Wink
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club looking for members   Club looking for members I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club looking for members
Page 1 of 1