THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Corsairs

Go down 
+17
Taffy10
Count Adhemar
Gherma
Brom
amorrowlyday
The Shredder
Jimsolo
CptMetal
aurynn
Cavash
colinsherlow
čiernyčaj
Cavalier
helvexis
Vael Galizur
Gobsmakked
urden93
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2015, 16:39

That looks like fun! I need those! What book will that be in and do you think they'll do a digital version? I only need the corsair stuff in it

Trueborn
The Shredder

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2015, 16:42

CptMetal wrote:
That looks like fun! I need those! What book will that be in and do you think they'll do a digital version? I only need the corsair stuff in it

I believe they're in the next Imperial Armour book (IA13 IIRC).

I wouldn't hold out hope for a pure-Corsair version, as I imagine they're banking on people buying what will undoubtedly be an expensive book, just to get a small section of rules in it.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2015, 17:17

Ia11 Doom of Mymaera 2nd edition. No idea how they will distribute it.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2015, 18:10

Arrr! Let's see what we can do!

Trueborn
The Shredder

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2015, 22:05

I wasn't going to post any other updates, but this one really caught my interest:

Quote :
Anyway, Corsair Princes/Princesses all have their own dark little obsessions and *may* take one of the following paths at no cost:

A) Seeker of Forbidden Pleasures (aka The Drug Lord) - The Corsair Prince gains the Corsair Combat Drugs special rule and any unit in the same detachment (infantry/JP infantry, jetbike) may get Corsair Combat Drugs for +15 points per unit.

Corsair Combat Drugs (aka the "It sucks to be Dark Eldar" drug list).
1) +1A
2) +1S
3) +1I
4) +1T
5) +1 WS
6) Roll for two drugs (!!!)

*waits to sober up*

B) Traveler of Forgotten Paths - The Webway Prince. Because walking is for chumps. The Prince gets a Multi-phase key generator and any other character in the detachment can get one too. So wtf is this thing?

Multiphase Key Generator - the model gets Deep Strike, something about carving the webway. In addition it may be activated during any shooting phase instead of shooting to open up a webway gate within 3" of the model. All your reserves can enter through it except not vehicles. If any of your guys are falling back within 3" of it, they can go in it and enter ongoing reserves.

C) Collector of Ancient Treasures - This is how the Prince can get a relic from CWE, DE, or Harlequins. Mask of Secrets maybe. Also any other character in the detachment can slap Master-Crafted on their weapon for 10 pts. It doesn't say it has to be a CC weapon.

D) Reaper of the Outer Dark - For the Prince that's really loves killing. The Prince gets Rampage and any unit in the detachment can get Rage for free. But whenever they're within 8" they *must* charge. If they killed a unit with shooting and have another enemy within 8" they get to (must) charge it.

E) Wielder of Profane Powers - This Prince picked up something that should have been left unfound. Gains +1 psychic ML, meaning they can be ML2. Must pick at least one Maelefic Demonology power and other psykers in the detachment get access to Demonology. When they peril, replace the 6 (remember they have their own perils chart as I posted) with:

Lust for Dark Power: The Prince went too far down the dark path (d'oh!). For the rest of the game at the beginning of every psychic phase the Prince must attempt a Malefic power using at least 2WC. If for some reason they can't, they get pinned automatically.

F) Survivor of Endless Darkness - For the geriatric prince 3000 years old who's basically a ghoul going around sipping elixers to postpone death. This prince is insane and nasty. Gains It Will Not Die but if he fails it, he crumples to the ground all withered and dusty (auto-pinned).

Any other units in the detachment can get FnP for +10 points.

If Archons had a rule like that, I'd be prepared to ignore about 90% of our codex's failings. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19 2015, 23:53

The rules for these guys have the same type of feel as the renegades and heretics list. I really just don't enjoy eldar units from this edition but i could definitely see myself including some corsairs.
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2015, 00:28

Really watching forward to these rules... Ironically it seems they can add some "Dark Eldar taste" to real Dark Eldars

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2015, 05:15

I think I may be able to build a generic stand in for the Duke. Rejoice!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2015, 09:33

Very interesting but rather annoying that these are better Dark Eldar rules than the actual Dark Eldar rules. Evil or Very Mad

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2015, 09:52

Count Adhemar wrote:
Very interesting but rather annoying that these are better Dark Eldar rules than the actual Dark Eldar rules. Evil or Very Mad

I've been thinking exactly the same. It's like Forgeworld are releasing Dark Eldar: Good Version.

Brom wrote:
The rules for these guys have the same type of feel as the renegades and heretics list. I really just don't enjoy eldar units from this edition but i could definitely see myself including some corsairs.

I could definitely see myself adding some Dark Eldar to my Corsairs list. Wink
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2015, 10:12

I've got a bunch of Wyches and Kabalite Warriors still on the sprues so I'm fairly sure I can knock up some 'counts as' corsairs and dust off my Sliscus conversion for use as a Prince or Baron.

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2015, 10:59

I'm thinking that I finally have rules to represent my converted HQs:

Mandrake Sorcerer:
Spoiler:

Winged Mandrake:
WIP:

I suspect one of them will have Survivor of Ancient Darkness.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2015, 13:08

Yeah, I can potentially see all of my DE being run with Corsair rules for a while.
Back to top Go down
Taffy10
Hellion
Taffy10

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2015, 14:28

This makes me both happy and sad..

Happy that they feel dark eldar enough for me to use them and will most probably enjoy playing them.

Sad that we are now the worst eldar force by a long shot and the other eldar races do dark eldar better than dark eldar

Its all about the pleasure of watching your opponents prized asset crumble to dust..... The look on their face is priceless lol!
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2015, 16:10

Does anyone intend to use the Forgeworld corsair kits to use them on dark Eldar models? I'd love to do that as a unifying force.

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2015, 18:09

I plan on doing something like that CptMetal.

I want to buy the corsair jet packs and see if I can mod them on kabalites and look good.

Dracon
Jimsolo

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2015, 18:35

Taffy10 wrote:
This makes me both happy and sad..

Happy that they feel dark eldar enough for me to use them and will most probably enjoy playing them.

Sad that we are now the worst eldar force by a long shot and the other eldar races do dark eldar better than dark eldar

I feel you. Although I think Harlequins might be worse than us as a stand alone army.
Back to top Go down
čiernyčaj
Slave
čiernyčaj

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22 2015, 14:58

Look what I've found on tumblr: http://overmycoldcoffee.tumblr.com/post/131517716101/didnt-get-round-to-uploading-these-yesterday
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22 2015, 19:22

Cool!

Thanks for sharing this

Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22 2015, 21:15

The Corsairs sound darker than the current Dark Eldar. I hope Forgewrold make some impressive models for them. The different quirks for the prince sounds like they could be fun

Corsairs - Page 2 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24 2015, 01:24

I have a ton of hellions I don't use, I'll just repaint them in my corsair colours and use them.
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24 2015, 02:04

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
I have a ton of hellions I don't use, I'll just repaint them in my corsair colours and use them.

I started doing that myself but they're going to be at a disadvantage model wise compared to the actual models, which are just eldar guardians with add-ons.  You can reduce their height easy enough, but their footprint is still going to be far too big for my liking.

I'm still thinking about using my old school metal scourges as Balestrike bands though.  Since I have 10 with splinter cannons and 10 with dark lances anyway, conversion work will be light.  The "wings" on those are even more jet-pack like than the actual kits, since they have jet intake vents and exhaust ports.

Probably need to do head swaps to get rid of those horrid 3rd edition helmets though, which is no fun on metal models.
Back to top Go down
Vael Galizur
Kabalite Warrior
Vael Galizur

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26 2015, 05:40

The Shredder wrote:

Quote :
Corsaid troops: http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1445091648878.jpg

Can we get a reupload of this pic or a fresh link please?

(The User Formerly Known as Drago)
> Project Log <
Back to top Go down
http://vynettedantes.deviantart.com/
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26 2015, 14:29

Vael Galizur wrote:
The Shredder wrote:

Quote :
Corsaid troops: http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1445091648878.jpg

Can we get a reupload of this pic or a fresh link please?

Was that the reaver band and/or corsair scout page?  I haven't actually seen that yet.

If you're looking for the cloud dancers, those can be found many places including here:

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/10/40k-rumors-new-eldar-corsairs-super-power-creep.html

Most of the rest can be found here:

http://overmycoldcoffee.tumblr.com/post/131517716101/didnt-get-round-to-uploading-these-yesterday
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28 2015, 18:27

Saw a PIC for the new wraithknight rules somewhere.

Any see it and remember where? Link?

Corsairs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corsairs   Corsairs - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corsairs
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next