THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Jinking passangers

Go down 
+6
PowerFromPain71
MurDok
nexs
The_Burning_Eye
Erebus
Rancid blade
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rancid blade
Kabalite Warrior

Jinking passangers Empty
PostSubject: Jinking passangers   Jinking passangers I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2015, 17:42

Hey all,

Quick question. If a venom jinks, do the passengers have to snap fire? You'd imagine that they would, and the rules for shaken passengers is clear, but I can't find rules for effects of passengers of jinking vehicles. Any thoughts?

Thanks. RB
Back to top Go down
Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

Jinking passangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking passangers   Jinking passangers I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2015, 18:52

This has been asked a lot (including by myself), and the answer is no. The rule for jinking states that the unit with Jink snap fires. The passengers don't have that rule, so don't snapfire, nor does the Venom (or Raider) confer that rule onto them as they're a separate unit.

Kabalite Warrior

Jinking passangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking passangers   Jinking passangers I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2015, 21:37

Thanks Erebus, Where is this written? Or do we infer it because it isn't specifically addressed? RB
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

Jinking passangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking passangers   Jinking passangers I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2015, 22:45

It in the special rules section, the jink rule states that the unit(!) with jink snap fires. A squad embarked on a transport are two separate units, they don't become one unit (as for example an independent character does when they join a unit).

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
nexs
Wych
nexs

Jinking passangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking passangers   Jinking passangers I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08 2015, 22:55

The way i'd narate that is that it's more the crew of the vehicle that are preoccupied with the jink to be able to fire with full concentration. I'd look at it like a combat speed movement.

Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

Jinking passangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking passangers   Jinking passangers I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14 2015, 03:52

Not to mention the passengers themselves do not have the jink special rule, only the skimmer they are embarked upon has the jink special rule.

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
PowerFromPain71
Hellion
PowerFromPain71

Jinking passangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking passangers   Jinking passangers I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17 2015, 19:20

Thanks for the clarification. I've got a tournament coming up in a couple months and this really helps.
Back to top Go down
Saito09
Slave
Saito09

Jinking passangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking passangers   Jinking passangers I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20 2016, 22:35

I asked the manager at my local GW about this today and he shot it down saying passangers must snap fire after the raider/venom jinks.
I dont understand how this is justified given the wording in the rulebook, but... I guess im screwed?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Jinking passangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking passangers   Jinking passangers I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20 2016, 23:17

His opinion is of no more value than anyone else's. Tell him to read the rule that he thinks makes you do this and show it to you in the rulebook. He can't because it doesn't say that. Passengers a) are not jinking and b) do not have the jink rule. Only models with the jink rule are forced to snapfire.

BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Jinking passangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking passangers   Jinking passangers I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20 2016, 23:40

Saito09 wrote:
I asked the manager at my local GW about this today and he shot it down saying passangers must snap fire after the raider/venom jinks.
I dont understand how this is justified given the wording in the rulebook, but... I guess im screwed?

No. If this were the case, the occupants of a transport would still be considered "jinking" after the vehicle is blown up, getting a cover save vs the explosion result and any subsequent shooting, but that isn't the case. Point that out, after asking what Adhemar says, to have him show you in the book.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

Jinking passangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking passangers   Jinking passangers I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21 2016, 01:34

Saito09 wrote:

That's pretty ludicrous.

Last edited by Jimsolo on Thu Apr 21 2016, 02:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Jinking passangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking passangers   Jinking passangers I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21 2016, 02:20

Jimsolo wrote:
That's pretty ludicrous.

What is "That"? His store guy saying they snapfire, or me saying if they snapfire then they should get jink saves vs. explosions and subsequent shooting? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jinking passangers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jinking passangers   Jinking passangers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jinking passangers
Page 1 of 1