THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tourney List Prep

Go down 
+2
Bleaksoul Brethren
Blank05
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Blank05
Hellion

Tourney List Prep Empty
PostSubject: Tourney List Prep   Tourney List Prep I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23 2015, 01:02

So, my local game store is hosting a small tournament. I'm not normally a competitive player, but I thought I'd try my hand at this one.

List restrictions:
1550 pts
0-1 Lord of War
Battle Forged Only
No Formations(Lammmmmmme!)
No Forgeworld Models
Eternal War Mission: Crusade(r?)

So, based on my model limitations(i.e. I only own 2 Venoms) this is what I've come up with:

Combined Arms Detachment

HQ
Archon- WWP

Medusae x5- Raider, DL (Archon goes here.)

Troops
Warriors x10- SC, Raider, SRs, DL

Warriors x10- SC, Raider, SRs, DL

Warriors x5- Venom, 2x SCs

Warriors x5- Venom, 2x SCs

Fast Attack
Razorwing- 2x DL

Scourge x5- HWB x4

Scourge x5- HWB x4

Heavy Support
Ravager- NS, DL x3

Ravager- NS, DL x3

The strategy is pretty straight forward, Ravagers, Raiders and Scourge are on Anti Tank duty, while the Warriors are for Infantry and some end game Objective Secured. The Razorwing is just to help with and flying threats that there may be, otherwise it's for pie plating the opponent and maybe some Tank Busting. The Medusae will drop in(hopefully 2nd turn) for some Marine-B-Que fun.

This comes out to 1520, leaving 30pts to spare.

Comments? Criticism?
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

Tourney List Prep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney List Prep   Tourney List Prep I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23 2015, 02:14

Another medusae if you have one? It looks good I have a man crush on venoms and tend to use them as poison shots instead of the gun boats but it looks good. I might mess around with the points to see if you can get another ravager in the list (maybe drop a raider for a venom) but it looks solid.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Tourney List Prep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney List Prep   Tourney List Prep I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23 2015, 07:22

Maybe squeeze some points to buy night Shields for your gun boats? Otherwise it looks fine! Keep us informed about what happened at the tournament.

Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

Tourney List Prep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney List Prep   Tourney List Prep I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23 2015, 18:50

oh yeah give them night shields.
Back to top Go down
Blank05
Hellion

Tourney List Prep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney List Prep   Tourney List Prep I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2015, 14:35

Yeah, Nightshields are useful, I just wasn't sure if there would be a better use of my points that I was missing. I love my Venoms as well, but the design of them is lackluster IMO. I prefer the badassery of the pirate ships, so I only own two Venoms while I own nine Raiders, haha!

If things aren't too hectic, I intent to batrep all of my games during the tournament. Thanks for the help, guys!
Back to top Go down
Blank05
Hellion

Tourney List Prep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney List Prep   Tourney List Prep I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24 2015, 17:30

Also, do you guys think I'll be giving up Slay the Warlord too easily?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Tourney List Prep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney List Prep   Tourney List Prep I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25 2015, 15:56

No. Wherever you deep strike, it should be dead.

Hellion

Tourney List Prep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney List Prep   Tourney List Prep I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2015, 19:07

So, it's been announced that there will be (at the very least) 1 Tau player, 1 Grey Knight player, 1 Ork player, a probable Tyranid player and a Wild Card(not sure what he'll bring). More players could sign up, but for now this is what will be there.

Any suggestions for list alterations?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Tourney List Prep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney List Prep   Tourney List Prep I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31 2015, 22:30

Dissis on one Ravager to kill grey Knights, light ork vehicles and to have more dice to hit a flyer or flying monstrous creatures.

Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Tourney List Prep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney List Prep   Tourney List Prep I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01 2015, 00:28

If that's all the models you are working with its pretty decent, assuming people aren't that competitive it should do pretty well.

Hellion

Tourney List Prep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney List Prep   Tourney List Prep I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01 2015, 02:37

I have lots of models, I just have a limeted amount of some of them. Other than what's in the list above I have:

5 Raiders
2 Archons
2 Haemies
1 Succubus
Drazhar
10 Incubi
5 Wracks
3 Grots
40 Wyches
2 Beastmasters
4 Kymerae
2 Razorwing Flocks
17 Reavers
1 Talos
1 Cronos
Back to top Go down
Blank05
Hellion

Tourney List Prep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney List Prep   Tourney List Prep I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10 2015, 19:54

So, the tournament is tomorrow. Here's my revised list:

+No Slot+
5x Medusae- Raider, DL

+HQ+
Archon- WWP, AoM

+Troops+
10x Warriors- SC/ Raider, DL, SR, NS
10x Warriors- SC/ Raider, DL, SR, NS
5x Warriors- Blaster/ Venom, 2x SCs
5x Warriors- Blaster/ Venom, 2x SCs

+Fast Attack+
5x Scourge- 4 HWB
5x Scourge- 4 HWB
Razorwing Jetfighter- SC, 2x DLs

+Heavy Support+
Ravager- NS, 3x Dissie
Ravager- NS, 3x Dissie

+Total+

I made room for the AoM when I heard a friend of mine was bringing Skitarri. The doctrine things scare me, so I figured some Ld shenanigans would be in order. I'll be relying on my Raiders and Scourge for the AV12+ vehicles(should there be any) allowing my Ravagers to handle low AV and infantry as well.

The tourney roster will see a few Tau players, GK, Orks, Skitarri, and DA plus a few people who are unknowns.

Any last minute advice or comments? What WL table should I roll on? I'm thinking the DE one might be best, but Strat is really good as well.
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

Tourney List Prep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney List Prep   Tourney List Prep I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11 2015, 13:45

I too much prefer Vemons over warrior boats, but otherwise I like the list. You will need the Ravagers to be lance not dissie though. I'd swop one of the raiders for a 3rd ravager and make that the lone dissie ravager. Not sure why "Its_Rumble" thinks it's not competitive. It's one of the best lists I've seen on this forum @ 1500.
Back to top Go down
Deamon
Sybarite
Deamon

Tourney List Prep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney List Prep   Tourney List Prep I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11 2015, 13:49

Gunboat vs Venom is a trade off

The first is more durable (you don't mind jinxing all turn and NS is a common upgrade for them)
While the other has a longer threat range (and is more durable vs ignore cover).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tourney List Prep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourney List Prep   Tourney List Prep I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourney List Prep
Page 1 of 1