THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My "Dark Wraith" list I'm building. (new to DE/CWE)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkwraith
Slave
Darkwraith

My "Dark Wraith" list I'm building. (new to DE/CWE) Empty
PostSubject: My "Dark Wraith" list I'm building. (new to DE/CWE)   My "Dark Wraith" list I'm building. (new to DE/CWE) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30 2015, 05:25

-Eldar Wraith Host- 950 points

Spiritseer...Witchstaff, Shuriken Pistol (rolling Runes of Fate), 70 pts

Wraithknight...2 Heavy Wraithcannons 295 pts

5 Wraithguard...Wraithcannon, 160 pts

5 Wraithblades...Ghostaxe/Shield, 150 pts

5 Wraithblades...Ghostaxe/Shield, 150 pts

Wraithlord...2x Flamer, Ghostglaive 125 pts

-Dark Eldar CAD- 640 pts

Archon...Splinter Pistol, Webway Portal, 95 pts

5 Kabalite Warriors...1 Blaster (in Venom with Splinter Cannon), 120 pts

5 Kabalite Warriors...1 Blaster (in Venom with Splinter Cannon), 120 pts

Raider...Dark Lance (for Wraithblades/guard), Nightshield 75pts

Raider...Dark Lance (for Wraithblades/guard), Nightshield 75pts

Razorwing Jetfighter... 2 Dark Lances, 4x Monoscythe Missles, 155 pts

Total: 1590/1850

So the idea for this list came from the hypothetical scenario "what if an Archon enslaved an entire Wraith Host?" and I built the list from there. Initially I was running 3 squads of D-scythe Wraithguard but today I realized that I actually want this list to be fun and not a WAAC tourney list (at least for now), I want to bring this to my LGS and have it be fun, semi-competitive, and fluffy with how I model and paint all the models in a matching DE color scheme. So here's the plan so far:

Wraithblades go in the Raiders with Nightshields. The idea is to have them deep strike and jink to survive the turn they come in. If I read the rules correctly, that would mean they'd have a 3+ jink...and if the vehicle ends up exploding, Wraithblades are Fearless and Toughness 6 which means that they'll only be wounded on 6s. Best case scenario the Raider survives until the next turn, worst case scenario it blows up and only minimal damage is done to the squad before they move then assault next turn. Not sure whether Ghostaxe or Swords are better at this point.

[Alternate idea: against more competitive opponents like players who go to ITC events, maybe bring 2 squads of Wraithguard with D-scythes instead. This would mean the unit could deep strike in Raiders, disembark 6 inches, run D6 inches, then flame on. My major worry is that Wraithblades aren't "good enough" while D-scythes are "too good" at what they do.]

Wraithguard with Wraithcannons join the Archon and Spiritseer and use the WWP to drop behind a heavy vehicle, walker, or dangerous small squad like Centurions or something. Spiritseer uses Guide on the squad to maximize the D hits since this ain't your average flamer group. Pretty much a suicide squad but up for suggestions on how to keep them alive longer than a turn.

Wraithlord so far has been given a minimal melee setup to charge up the field since he's basically the "tax" of the formation. Thought it would be fun to run him up the field because, as a user on Dakkadakka bragged, "nobody pays attention to a Wraithlord when a Wraithknight is running around!" Originally thought to give him Eldar Missle Launchers but goddamn that's 60 points I could be using on much sexier Dark Eldar stuff.

Wraithknight is a Wraithknight doing Wraithknight things like being undercosted and awesome to look at.

Razorwing Jetfighter is the token flyer on the list, but we really don't have many flyers in my local meta so I don't plan on adding another unless I go to a tournament someday. I'll probably drop it for something else if my opponent doesn't bring flyers...which happens a lot here. But that's just a personal preference for my store.

So far my troops are barebones. 2 MSU squads of Warriors in Venoms which I'm not sure how to most effectively play yet. And I've got 260 more points to go! Sorry about the long post, I just really want to nail my 1850 list before I start buying the kits. Any advice or suggestions on how to fill out that remaining 260 points would be lovely. Thanks for reading!
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: My "Dark Wraith" list I'm building. (new to DE/CWE)   My "Dark Wraith" list I'm building. (new to DE/CWE) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30 2015, 13:10

As it is, you're playing Eldar not dark Eldar. I'm allergic to cheese lists but I'm glad you realised that the scythe guard is cheese.

It's hard to balance that no one feels bad using those units but otherwise I like the idea of enslaving the wraith constructs. It's basically a Castigator list (Path of the Dark Eldar book series)

Slave
Darkwraith

PostSubject: Re: My "Dark Wraith" list I'm building. (new to DE/CWE)   My "Dark Wraith" list I'm building. (new to DE/CWE) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30 2015, 20:04

Yeah the Scythes are just plain cheese but it feels weird to run Wraithblades instead when all I hear are negatives about them. I hate how tempting it is to fill a Raider with Scythes and have them D flame something the turn they come in. The only Eldar models I like are the Wraith ones (absolutely hate the jetbikes and aspects) so as soon as I realized I could take Wraith models with the much cooler Dark Eldar Warriors and transports I jumped right on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My "Dark Wraith" list I'm building. (new to DE/CWE)   My "Dark Wraith" list I'm building. (new to DE/CWE) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My "Dark Wraith" list I'm building. (new to DE/CWE)
Page 1 of 1