THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT Empty
PostSubject: 1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT   1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01 2015, 12:03

Hi guys, been a long time since I last posted. I just wanted to share with you the list im fielding for the next spanish team-based GT. There will be 22 4-man teams, to a total of 88 players. My team is  composed of a Necron decurion, Eldar S6/D spam, Ork Warboss deathstar+Stompa and me with DE+Harlequin mech.

The games will consist of 50% Eternal War mission 25% Maelstrom mission 12.5% anhilation (by points, not units) and 12.5% secondary objectives

Harlequin Masque detachment (main)  

Elite  
Shadowseer, haywire nades, mask of secrets
Shadowseer, haywire nades
Shadowseer, haywire nades

Troops
Troupe, x4 Players, x1 Troupemaster with haywire nades (Warlord), x5 Harlequin caress.
Troupe, x4 Players, x1 Troupemaster, x5 Harlequin caresses
Troupe, x4 Players, x1 Troupemaster, x5 Harlequin caresses

FA
Starweaver
Starweaver

HS
Voidweaver

Dark Eldar Realspace Raiders detachment

HQ
Court of the Archon. x1 Llhamaean
-Venom, x2 splinter cannons

Troops
x5 Kabalite warriors incluiding Sybarite with haywire grenades
x5 Kabalite warriors incluiding Sybarite with haywire grenades

FA
Venom, x2 splinter cannons
Raider, dissintegrator
Raider, dissintegrator
Raider, dissintegrator

HS
x2 Talos

I would have loved to use a Corpsethief Claw formation but the tournament forbids more than 2 detachments and really need the anti-gargantuan/superheavy that the harlequins bring that cant be done efficiently with Dark Eldar alone.

Wish us luck! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://engalie40k.blogspot.com.es/
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT   1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03 2015, 03:20

Good luck! Pardon my ignorance, I don't play Harlequins; what is the purpose of having 3 raiders with dissys? Are they for the Harlequin troops?
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT   1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03 2015, 09:29

Are the shadow seers level2?

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: 1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT   1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05 2015, 02:10

Nariaklizhar wrote:
Good luck! Pardon my ignorance, I don't play Harlequins; what is the purpose of having 3 raiders with dissys? Are they for the Harlequin troops?

Thanks! Very Happy Yeah, theyre basically a cheap, disposable 3HP transport in case I want to go ham with harlequins not lose starweavers firepower (they are the only long range AV I have)

Massaean wrote:
Are the shadow seers level2?
No, they're lvl1.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT   1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05 2015, 07:59

With respect - I think the list is average at best then.

Its like you could not make up your mind what you wanted to achieve.

The Harlequins are to small and squishy to have a major impact, the seers to easy to neutralise in the psychic phase with so few dice.

For me - the whole thing lacks punch. It does not shoot particularly well and while assault is ok, its still easy to put the harlies down after the first charge. Ranged AT is all but non existent and even close range or assault AT is dubious - and potentially on fire once they trash a vehicle.

What exactly would you consider a good match up for your list?

Eldar/Tau/Necrons/SM/DA all destroy it with ease with the most common army builds.

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: 1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT   1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10 2015, 09:53

Massaen wrote:
With respect - I think the list is average at best then.

Its like you could not make up your mind what you wanted to achieve.

The Harlequins are to small and squishy to have a major impact, the seers to easy to neutralise in the psychic phase with so few dice.

For me - the whole thing lacks punch. It does not shoot particularly well and while assault is ok, its still easy to put the harlies down after the first charge. Ranged AT is all but non existent and even close range or assault AT is dubious - and potentially on fire once they trash a vehicle.

What exactly would you consider a good match up for your list?

Eldar/Tau/Necrons/SM/DA all destroy it with ease with the most common army builds.

I would love to read some constructive criticism from you so I can improve it. What would you change? how?

In my experience, I never had any problems with the psychic phase or lacked punch except in the first game, wich I could have won simply by moving better, but Im open to any ways of improving it.

Oh, if you guys can hear how the GT went I just posted the results on the Realspace Raids section. http://www.thedarkcity.net/t13184-team-based-gt-results-talavera-spain#149639

Back to top Go down
Fraust
Hellion
Fraust

PostSubject: Re: 1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT   1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2015, 00:16

I'm a big fan of caressquins, and what you have in your masque is pretty close to my usual set up. I put a DT starweaver on one of the troupes, and upgrade all the seers to level 2. Caressquins are awesome anti tank in my experience.

The sybarites with haywire I'm not a fan of though. In your experience have they accomplished much? (I'm going to read the Raid post next). I've been tempted previously, and seriously considered getting sybarites to get PGLs (not a ton of marines in my area), but they're just sooooo many points for what you get.

If it were me, I'd drop a couple of the venoms to get more talos, as I absolutely love them. Shame on the detachment limitation...I think a CTC will really mesh well with the Masque.
Back to top Go down
BizarreShowbiz
Sybarite
BizarreShowbiz

PostSubject: Re: 1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT   1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11 2015, 09:23

Fraust wrote:
I'm a big fan of caressquins, and what you have in your masque is pretty close to my usual set up. I put a DT starweaver on one of the troupes, and upgrade all the seers to level 2. Caressquins are awesome anti tank in my experience.

The sybarites with haywire I'm not a fan of though. In your experience have they accomplished much? (I'm going to read the Raid post next). I've been tempted previously, and seriously considered getting sybarites to get PGLs (not a ton of marines in my area), but they're just sooooo many points for what you get.

If it were me, I'd drop a couple of the venoms to get more talos, as I absolutely love them. Shame on the detachment limitation...I think a CTC will really mesh well with the Masque.

I have haywire sybarits just and only to deal with OS drop pods in objectives, as harlequins can do nothing to them (theyre inmobilized, you you dont roll to hit) and starweavers have to roll 6s to do a glancing. I only have them in the 2 obligatory troop choices, I wouldnt pay an extra 55p for just a grenade.

Im with you on the CTC train. An invisible CTC can be a pain in thea ass for everyone in this meta except for walker superheavies (IKs, stompa...) and our harlequins can deal extremely efficiently with those.

Thing is, in this tournament, we were limited to 2 detachments max. (what I consider pretty stupid, since Decurion-type formations count as only 1 detachment when in reality they normally are 3+ formations, so its unfair for older codices but whatever.) so I prefered an Harlequin Masque over a CTC as extra detachment.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT   1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750p Dark Eldar/Harlequin list for a GT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: