THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar

Go down 
+11
DingK
HokutoAndy
čiernyčaj
Jimsolo
The Red King
Erebus
Count Adhemar
BetrayTheWorld
Devilogical
CptMetal
Marrath
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09 2016, 17:12

So i was browsing GW's page, found the Start collecting: Tyranids bundle, which is, surprisingly, a good bargain, 65€ instead of the 105 € it would cost if bought seperately.
Then i thought: Maybe there's something similar for DE, And there was! Start collecting: Dark Eldar.
With no Bargain at all and a Codex nearly everyone here has already anyway.
I am mildly disappointed.
I wonder if GW just hates DE or the Tyranid bundle is accidentally priced too low.

/rant.

CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09 2016, 17:16

Is that this bundle with a new Tyraniden formation included?

Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09 2016, 17:21

Don't know.
It has a Hive Tyrant, 3 Tyranid Warriors and a bunch of Gargoyles.

Edit: Yes it is the Hive Vanguard Formation, according to the description.

Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09 2016, 18:16

I dont think tyranids are accidentely lowprice.
In my opinion, they might be the most extrordinary and unpopular race in warhammer. That`s why they bundle price is lower, than any other. GW just need to sell them somehow. Even they can undestand that.

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09 2016, 20:11

Nah. They don't lower their prices. It's against nature. But who knows? Perhaps something for dark Eldar will be coming too

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09 2016, 22:30

Metal is right. It's part of GW's "culture" to not discout their prices, as was communicated to me during an interview with GW once. Unless these new bundles represent a complete turnaround in how GW is run(Let's hope), then someone very well may have been fired for those discounts to begin with.

Best bet to improve prices in the future? BUY LOTS OF THE DISCOUNTED BUNDLES!

EDIT: Although, thinking about it, these bundles sort of spit in the face of all GW's 3rd party retailers who are trying to sell their overpriced plastic at retail. That was actually one of the main reasons the GW rep gave me for them NOT discounting their prices at GW stores.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09 2016, 22:48

Are the bundles direct only? If not, the FLGS can still sell them at a discount over what you pay at a GW store. I know I bought a DE Megaforce from my FLGS and got 25% off the RRP on a set that already had a pretty decent discount built in. Probably the best GW purchase I made since the days of boxes of 3 Rhinos or 2 Land Raiders!

Erebus
HTMLaemonculus
Erebus

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09 2016, 22:53

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Unless these new bundles represent a complete turnaround in how GW is run(Let's hope),
GW recently issued their half-year results and expect their pre-tax profits to not exceed £16m (was £16.6m last May) and shares have fallen by 11-12%. The CEO mentioned "initiatives for long-term growth", discounted bundles may be one of those initiatives.

Anecdotal, but every 3rd party retailer I've seen offers at least 10% off GW's retail price, with most being 20%, presumably because they know only those with more money than sense are willing to pay full retail.

Count Adhemar wrote:
Are the bundles direct only?
Dark Sphere have the Start Collecting! bundles on their website, so no.
Edit: at least for AoS.

Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09 2016, 23:02

Not direct buy. Discount games has them all.

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10 2016, 06:28

The bundles include a formation and are indeed a price savings.  IG, AdMech, Tyranids, and a couple others got one.  We did not, although we aren't alone.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10 2016, 09:55

Let's hope that we will be next and that they fix witches with that formation.

Slave
čiernyčaj

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10 2016, 13:01

Not sure if you saw that there's two different products, namely: "Start collecting! X" and "Start collecting: lot X", where X stands for an army.

Unfortunately, no army that has got the first thing, also has the another one and vice versa. So I'm afraid no luck for DE this time.
Back to top Go down
HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior
HokutoAndy

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10 2016, 15:43

Yeah they're discounted, something that GW should've been doing long before. The formations have neat effects

Admech: The Admech Dominatus picks a target within 18", everyone in the formation (Skitarii and Onager) are twin linked against it

Tyranids: If the gargoyles are near the hive tyrant they can be taken out and deepstrike (so they can escape close comat). They don't scatter if deepstriking near the warriors.

Necrons: Whenever the warriors or scarabs are destroyed they are redeployed next turn next to the overlord.

IG: Infantry get 4+ cover save when near the leman russ. Kind of weird if they're standing in front of it...

Tau: One unit of drones, battlesuits, fire warriors near your ethereal can be redeployed near your ethereal. Kind of odd, you can do something like have your fire warriors move 12" from one flank to the other.

Space Marines: One unit (tac marines or ven dread) near the captain can foregoe moving to shoot, then shoot again in shooting phase.

----

As the formations are themed around "HQ directs troops to troop better", you could imagine what the CWE and DE formations would be, if they ever release them.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10 2016, 16:06

What can you imagine?

Slave
čiernyčaj

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10 2016, 16:56

Cool rules. I hope so much that I'm wrong. I have about 20 Wyches still in sprues because of their rules.

On the other hand, if this is a formation, how viable would it be to take it in competitive enviroment, where you're allowed only a few formations? I think not so much.
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10 2016, 17:02

While the formations will allow you to play the contents of the box as an army, the full rules of the army and wargear are not included and will still require one to purchase a codex.

As far as DE and the other factions that have not received one; rumors are that next week's pre-orders will feature more of these kits.
Back to top Go down
chracian
Slave
chracian

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10 2016, 20:50

Heard similar from a GW shop employee today. Pinch of salt, seeing as these guys don't generally know much in advance, but I would expect to see more of these boxes in the future.

As stated, the box contains rules for using the models as a formation but not rules for the actual models so a codex is required. I am tempted by the tyranid one, I've always fancied running Aliens.
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11 2016, 15:25

You guys must have missed the Stop Collecting: Dark Eldar kit they put out a little more than a year ago.

Cost me $50 and came with no models, but also made get rid of most of what I had.  So it's working better than expected.geek
Back to top Go down
čiernyčaj
Slave
čiernyčaj

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11 2016, 15:43

[offtopic] I miss the +1 function on this forum. Very Happy [/offtopic]
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 12 2016, 13:04

stilgar27 wrote:
You guys must have missed the Stop Collecting: Dark Eldar kit they put out a little more than a year ago.

Cost me $50 and came with no models, but also made get rid of most of what I had.  So it's working better than expected.geek

Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar Picard_clapping

http://www.escelionfilms.com
HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior
HokutoAndy

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2016, 05:04

CptMetal wrote:
What can you imagine?

Going by the trend of "HQ gives a boost to Troops and a big guy" set by the other formation bundles...

"[synonym for pain] bringers" Archon+Warriors+Chronos: Archon points his elegant eldritch hand of wickedness at a target and the other guys get Favored Enemy against it

"Dancers of [synonym for pain]" Succubus+Wyches+Talos: Succubus points her elegant eldritch hand of wickedness at a target and the other guys get Hatred against it
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13 2016, 05:47

I don't see Succubi and Wyches boosting a Talos. Replace it with a beastmaster squad maybe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar   Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Start collecting: Not Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1