THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry

Go down 
+8
colinsherlow
Count Adhemar
Marrath
mrmagoo
dumpeal
Massaen
CptMetal
BetrayTheWorld
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry Empty
PostSubject: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24 2016, 23:23

Thanks to Gobsmakked for putting together the list in another thread. Feel free to respond with questions you feel should be added, or submit your question directly to their facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/Warhammer-40000-1575682476085719/?fref=nf . If you post here, please format it in such a way that it has all the relevent info in a single sentence, in the form of a question(ie - Is orbs of despair's S1 an error, since they were S10 last edition?). I don't really have the time or inclination to look up the details of every debate to figure out how to phrase the question. Thanks!

Any questions that mods feel should be added, feel free to edit my post to put them in. I'll do the same, as I come across them.

FAQ/Errata questions - Dark Eldar Codex, 7th ed.

Q1 - Does the no scatter rule for the bearer of a WWP and their unit when they are deep striking also include any transport vehicle in which they are embarked?
A - ?

Q2 - Do Splinter Racks affect all splinter weapons in the army, or just the unit inside the vehicle?
A - ?

Q3 - Are you allowed to take the Court of the Archon without an Archon?
A - ?

Q4 - Does a Shadowfield still short out if the wound is negated by Feel No Pain?
A - ?

Q5 - As they are upgrades to Kabalite Warriors and do not have their own Datasheet, do Kabalite Trueborn still count as Kabalite Warriors for the purposes of the Kabalite Raiding Party formation?
A - ?

Q6 - Does the Wyches' dodge save apply only in the fight sub-phase, or in the whole assault phase and thus during overwatch?
A - ?

Q7 - If a model with multiple wounds is killed in a challenge by an instant death effect, such as a strike from a Huskblade, does the bearer of a Soul-trap gain +1S for each wound that the model had?
A - ?

Q8 - If a character model is killed in a challenge by a model equipped with a Soul-trap, and the overspill wounds are applied to character models not involved in the challenge, does the bearer of a Soul-trap gain +1S for each wound inflicted to the character models that were not actively part of the challenge?
A - ?

Q9 - "Only one of each Artifact of Cruelty may be taken per army" (pages 69 & 109).  The Wargear List (page 69) further states "A model may take one of the following [artifacts]:"  Are the relevant Dark Eldar characters limited to one relic each, or one of each of the relics, to a maximum of one per army?
A - ?

Q10 - There are 2 different writeups for webway portal, one in the back of the book summary, and a different one in the main entry. Do transport vehicles arriving by deep strike scatter if they're carrying a character equipped with a webway portal?
A - ?

FAQ/Errata questions - Haemonculus Covens supplement

Q1 - Is the listed profile for the Orbs of Despair an error at S1 for 25 points, since they were S10 last edition?
A - ?

Q2 - Does the -1Ld penalty from Freakish Spectacle stack for multiple detachments with this rule?
A - ?

Q3 - In the Dark Artisans formation, does '1 Talos' and '1 Cronos' mean 1 of each model or one of each unit?
A - ?

FAQ/Errata questions - related Rulebook questions

Q1 - Does Hammer of Wrath hit walkers in the front armour (as per Walker rules), or the armour facing from which the attack originates (as per Hammer of Wrath rules)?
A - ?

Q2 - Does arriving from deep strike count as movement in the movement phase (and therefore does the rule regarding skimmers not being able to end their move over enemy models come into effect during deep strike)?
A - ?

Q3 - If the above is true, does the skimmer still mishap for being placed within 1" of enemy models, or do you take the measurement from the base-hull as described in the rulebook?
A - ?

Q4 - Can you declare tank shock when arriving from deep strike reserve?
A - ?

Q5 - Does a model or unit that begins the game with a single, specific psychic power (eg Eldar Hemlock Wraithfighter) also gain the Primaris power from that discipline via the Psychic Focus rule?
A - ?

Q6 - Can Eldar Jetbikes move 2D6" in the assault phase even if they make a charge move?
A - ?

Q7 - Can you make a bombing run if you are forced to snapfire on that turn, for example if you jinked in the previous player turn?
A - ?

Q8 - Are all deep striking units considered to be arriving from deep strike reserve, including those deep striking due to special rules, psychic powers, ongoing reserves, etc?
A - ?

Last edited by BetrayTheWorld on Tue Mar 29 2016, 17:54; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25 2016, 07:43

About the first question: yes it does. At least my German codex specifically mentions that

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25 2016, 11:45

Most of these have answers... Either in the rule book or GW FAQ already

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25 2016, 12:02

Can we deepstrike a fortress of redemption?
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25 2016, 15:13

Sorry but yes most of these are already answered.

Why would splinter racks effect the whole army?

Wyches Specifically say FIGHT-SUB Phase.

Soul Trap is fairly Obvious to me. its unsaved wound. You Cause 1 wound, get +1s.

Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25 2016, 16:05

mrmagoo wrote:
Sorry but yes most of these are already answered.    

Why would splinter racks effect the whole army?  

Wyches Specifically say FIGHT-SUB Phase.

Soul Trap is fairly Obvious to me.  its unsaved wound.  You Cause 1 wound, get +1s.  

Most of these are answered, but only at tournament organisation level. GW never bothered answer all of these.

And, BetrayTheWorld, you should add too the lance VS necron shield debate.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25 2016, 16:12

Ok sticking with the 2 mentioned,  as I can see the argument for the Soul Trap.  Don't agree but I can see it.

How does anyone get the splinter racks effect anything other then those in the vehicle?  Its a Vehicle upgrade?

The rules say its for those embarked on the Vehicle.

Qoute
Splinter racks: All splinter weapons of models embarked on the vehicle have Twin-linked.

Wyches The DODGE special rule flat out says Fight -Sub Phase , why would it apply anywhere else.

Qoute
A model with this special rule has a 4+ invulnerable save against all Wounds inflicted in the Fight sub-phase.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25 2016, 17:05

This isn't a debate thread and these aren't my questions. They're questions from the community compiled by a mod on this forum in another thread, simply copied and pasted here to make them easier to access for the GW people, because the other list was on the second page of a thread.

If you have a "debate" or question you'd like to see added to this list, please format it in such a way that it has all the relevent info in a single sentence, in the form of a question(ie - Is orbs of despair S1 a typo, since they were S10 last edition?). I don't really have the time or inclination to look up the details of every debate to figure out how to phrase the question. Thanks!

P.S. Regarding everyone who responded as if these were my questions...if this was MY list of questions, #1 on the list would be "Who wrote the last DE codex?"

Then I'd eagerly await a response while I got the rack ready.(Just kidding, mostly. Twisted Evil)
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25 2016, 18:00

Sorry sir, I just didn't understand the questions. Was mainly wandering why they were a question about some of those, as to me they are obvious. 2 Examples to start...

Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25 2016, 18:20

The Wych dodge only in the fight sub phase is obvious, but also obviously bad Razz

mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25 2016, 18:22

Marrath wrote:
The Wych dodge only in the fight sub phase is obvious, but also obviously bad Razz

Agreed...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25 2016, 21:39

These were questions that were compiled by the TDC community back when there was vague hope that GW actually might have just made a mistake with the DE Codex and that it wasn't really meant to be as bad as it appears. Hence some of the 'questions' are more along the lines of wishful thinking than an actual rules query. With regard to the splinter rack question, it is asked because, as written, it applies to ALL splinter weapons

Quote :
Whilst a model is embarked on a vehicle with splinter racks, all splinter weapons have the Twin-linked special rule.

Is that silly? Yes, of course it is! But that is exactly what the rules say and frankly, in these days of ridiculous formation rules and OP codexes it actually starts to look like it could be real!

mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26 2016, 15:29

Ok Thanks for the clarification Count.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26 2016, 15:54

mrmagoo wrote:

The rules say its for those embarked on the Vehicle.

Qoute
Splinter racks: All splinter weapons of models embarked on the vehicle have Twin-linked.

Just happened to catch this upon reviewing the thread. Please don't list something as a "quote" from the book when it isn't a quote from the book. A quote, by definition, is EXACTLY word for word what was said. This obviously was not that. Thanks! cheers
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26 2016, 16:52

Question 1. The WWP is worded differently is the armour wargear and appendix. One of the rules specifically states that it does not scatter. The other is poorly written, but would leave that open to interpretation.
The Shadow field also has multiple wording in the book.

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 26 2016, 17:40

colinsherlow wrote:
Question 1.   The WWP is worded differently is the armour wargear and appendix.  One of the rules specifically states that it does not scatter. The other is poorly written, but would leave that open to interpretation.
The Shadow field also has multiple wording in the book.

I just looked at both rules for the WWP. They both very clearly say that you don't scatter when arriving from deep strike reserve. I will add the following question to clarify though:

Are all deep striking units considered to be arriving from deep strike reserve, including those deep striking due to special rules, psychic powers, ongoing reserves, etc?
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27 2016, 08:46

Define Irony - Betray tells someone off for saying quote when its not and then immediately does the same thing!

WWP is different in the summary to the main entry

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
megatrons2nd
Kabalite Warrior
megatrons2nd

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27 2016, 13:47

I just put mine in their list.

Does Feel no Pain remove effects of wounds caused before feel no pain was used? Some attacks have extra effects on a model that suffers an unsaved wound, which also happens to be what allows Feel no Pain to activate. Just curious, as in my opinion the fact that two rules activating at the same time would have the player whose turn it is determining the order in which the rules function, and others seem to think it is always Feel no Pain as it's end result is not removing a wound.

Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27 2016, 13:58

GW already answered the shadowfield/ feel no pain question and the soul trap/ instant death question in the FAQ for the codex they did last year. To save people having to go there, and so the OP can just be edited appropriately, here they are:

Quote :
Q: Is a shadow field lost if a model suffers an unsaved Wound
that is subsequently discounted due to a successful Feel No
Pain
roll?
A: Yes

Q: If a model with a soul-trap inflicts a single unsaved Wound
with the Instant Death special rule upon an enemy character
with 3 Wounds remaining, does the bearer gain +1 Strength (for
inflicting a single unsaved Wound) or +3 Strength (for causing
the enemy character to lose 3 Wounds)?
A: It gains +1 Strength for inflicting a single
unsaved
Wound.

Basically, if it's us, assume that it's the worst, most unhelpful interpretation of the rules Rolling Eyes Although to my mind, a character should lose a shadowfield even if they pass their FNP roll because the shot has got through their shield but they've shrugged it off thanks to their physique/powers/whatever, but they should gain more strength from killing a stronger enemy. In as far as these things can be logical, that seems as if that's how it should be to me. But whatever Laughing

Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27 2016, 16:44

For the record.

They asked for ONE question per person. So in all likelihood they could just ignore your post entirely.

Better approach would be for each of us to post one question per their instruction.
Back to top Go down
megatrons2nd
Kabalite Warrior
megatrons2nd

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27 2016, 23:30

Silverglade wrote:
For the record.  

They asked for ONE question per person.  So in all likelihood they could just ignore your post entirely.  

Better approach would be for each of us to post one question per their instruction.

It is one question, with an explanation.

Kabalite Warrior
megatrons2nd

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27 2016, 23:34

[quote="Mr Believer"]GW already answered the shadowfield/ feel no pain question and the soul trap/ instant death question in the FAQ for the codex they did last year. To save people having to go there, and so the OP can just be edited appropriately, here they are:

Quote :
Q: Is a shadow field lost if a model suffers an unsaved Wound
that is subsequently discounted due to a successful Feel No
Pain
roll?
A: Yes

quote]

This, in my mind says my train of thought is the correct one, and that any special ability that happens from an unsaved wound, good or bad, still happens. Yet people still say FnP trumps all other special abilities that are caused by an unsaved wound, and that the Shadow Field is a "special snowflake" and just sucks that bad. Hence, the question.

The other FAQ entry is a loss of wounds thing.

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28 2016, 00:49

Silverglade wrote:
For the record.  

They asked for ONE question per person.  So in all likelihood they could just ignore your post entirely.  

Right. My question was: "Can you answer the questions compiled on the dark city, here?:" and then I linked this post. Wink

I understand what you're saying. But my hope is that they respect their fansites enough to consider lists of questions compiled by their fan sites a priority. I mean, if they're really taking 2300 questions from their facebook page, what is 20 more?
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28 2016, 01:02

That is not, itself, a rules question.

I'm pretty sure that when they say, "You may ask one question," and you say, "Can you answer this list of 20 questions?" the answer will be, "No."

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28 2016, 02:23

Calyptra wrote:

I'm pretty sure that when they say, "You may ask one question," and you say, "Can you answer this list of 20 questions?" the answer will be, "No."

And there are only 2 possiblities here. The first possibility is that you're right. Wink

Massaen wrote:
Define Irony - Betray tells someone off for saying quote when its not and then immediately does the same thing!

Ooh, define reading comprehension for me next, and let's go ahead and define the word "quote" while we're at it! Very Happy

I never QUOTED anything regarding those rules. I PARAPHRASED, and never once claimed my sentence to be a direct quote. All words in capital letters are words you should look up if you're not 100% clear on their meaning, particularly before making a baseless accusation that makes you look silly.

Here are the direct QUOTES from the book:

Quote :
pg108
If a model with a webway portal is in Reserves or Ongoing Reserves, then the model and any unit it has joined or is embarked upon has the Deep Strike special rule. This model, and his unit, will not scatter if arriving from Deep Strike Reserve.

Rear Foldout:
If in reserves or ongoing reserves, model and any unit it has joined or is embarked upon has deep strike, and will not scatter if arriving from deep strike reserve.

Now tell me how you think one says something different than the other???? The second is more succinct, combining the two sentences into one, but the content is identical. Neither are unclear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry   FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FAQ questions for official GW FAQ inquiry
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next