THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sisters of Battle about to become history

Go down 
+5
Calindor
Cavash
Squidmaster
BetrayTheWorld
Rokuro
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

Sisters of Battle about to become history Empty
PostSubject: Sisters of Battle about to become history   Sisters of Battle about to become history I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29 2016, 17:16

I was looking through the webstore at may local store today and noticed that the Immolator, the by comparison newest Sororitas model, had been removed; apparently sold out some time ago.
I asked the staff about it and they told me that Citadel and even Forge World have discontinued their SoB miniature lines.

I think it's obvious what that means. Sad
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Battle about to become history   Sisters of Battle about to become history I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29 2016, 17:57

Maybe. It's also possible that it means they're preparing to release a whole new line of SoB with new models and a codex. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Battle about to become history   Sisters of Battle about to become history I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29 2016, 19:52

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Maybe. It's also possible that it means they're preparing to release a whole new line of SoB with new models and a codex. Very Happy

That would have been awesome. I have hoped that it would happen one day, ever since that digital codex was released.
But GW doesn't replace vehicle or monster kits unless its really necessary, and the Immolator was the only SoB model that wasn't outdated. And when even Forge World abandons a faction, that can only mean it's going the way of the Squats.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Battle about to become history   Sisters of Battle about to become history I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30 2016, 09:18

I have heard rumours of Sisters at the end of the year.
So it would make sense for them to clear out the existing metal range if they're planning a big new release in plastic.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Battle about to become history   Sisters of Battle about to become history I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30 2016, 13:19

A range with editions old models. I can definitely see them being revamped on a large scale. It happened to DE, so why not SoB?

I'm hopeful for a new range. I'd rather be hopeful that GW are doing something good than writing off an entire rather interesting faction.

Sisters of Battle about to become history YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Battle about to become history   Sisters of Battle about to become history I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30 2016, 14:16

I can see a limited new release for sisters, maybe on a Cult Mechanicus/Skitarri level. Not the entire army as it used to be, but enough for a small Detachments or a handful of fun Formations.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Calindor
Hellion
Calindor

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Battle about to become history   Sisters of Battle about to become history I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30 2016, 14:43

I would love a new codex and new models for SoB. I also think that GW will do it, as many fans have said they want to collect such an army.And if they gave us genestelaer cult and harlequins models I tihnk this will come too.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Battle about to become history   Sisters of Battle about to become history I_icon_minitimeSun May 01 2016, 07:15

The clear plastic canopy section of the immolator is the issue... the production run of them compared to the sale rate is not justified...

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Rokuro
Wych
Rokuro

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Battle about to become history   Sisters of Battle about to become history I_icon_minitimeSun May 01 2016, 08:04

Massaen wrote:
The clear plastic canopy section of the immolator is the issue... the production run of them compared to the sale rate is not justified...

That kind of makes sense.

What about the Forge World Exorcist though?
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Battle about to become history   Sisters of Battle about to become history I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2016, 18:34

It's a funny cycle.  GW doesn't make models because they "aren't popular", so some 3rd party steps in:
Sisters of Battle about to become history A6_l6_kisPg
Now available, demand grows and GW loses some tiny portion of their "theoretical" sales.

So the response is either to revamp the model line and crush with the upstart (with GW's significant advantages) - or throw a temper tantrum and destroy a beloved army.

If the 7th edition dark eldar codex taught us anything, it's that the second of those options is the preferred strategy.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Battle about to become history   Sisters of Battle about to become history I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2016, 19:40

stilgar27 wrote:
It's a funny cycle.  GW doesn't make models because they "aren't popular", so some 3rd party steps in:
Sisters of Battle about to become history A6_l6_kisPg
Now available, demand grows and GW loses some tiny portion of their "theoretical" sales.

So the response is either to revamp the model line and crush with the upstart (with GW's significant advantages) - or throw a temper tantrum and destroy a beloved army.

If the 7th edition dark eldar codex taught us anything, it's that the second of those options is the preferred strategy.

I believe that was one of the final decisions of Tom Kirby. I know that the current CEO didn't take over till some decent time after(months), but I think his influence was likely seen before he really took the mantle in the turnaround with the start of the high-powered codices.

Just a guess, though.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Battle about to become history   Sisters of Battle about to become history I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05 2016, 14:36

Also - they did just update the FAQ for sisters... they are still hanging in there!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Umbralz
Hellion
Umbralz

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Battle about to become history   Sisters of Battle about to become history I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19 2016, 13:19

I know some people hate on Raging Heroes models, but I gotta say, Games Workshop can't do females at all. Sure some of them have the chainmail bikini thing going on, but for Wyches they look incredible and it's fitting. I feel like i'm one of the few who never liked the Wych models that GW has. For the other armies, their "Imperial Guard" and "Sisters of Battle" line of models look amazing.

I could see GW tempted to make another stab at it, since if I was a new SoB player, it's difficult to even start. Metal models, very little support, and accessibility are all issues. i'd absolutely be eyeballing RH's products hard.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Battle about to become history   Sisters of Battle about to become history I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24 2016, 04:29

I was speaking with a very well known GW designer last weekend, and I briefly asked him about SoB. Not because I play them at all, but because they are a huge anomaly now given everything else that GW has been releasing of late, and considering that they were supposedly done shortly after our 5th ed. codex dropped.

He replied in the same vein - given all that has been happening recently with small army and other specialty releases, if you had to guess what was going to happen to them, which way would you lean towards right now? Just give it some time, be patient, and it may not even be quite as long as many people think.

However, considering that his Skitarii design book I was flipping through had sketches for current units dating from 1993, time is rather relative at GW.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sisters of Battle about to become history   Sisters of Battle about to become history I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sisters of Battle about to become history
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Other News & Rumours
-
Jump to: