THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Fighting a Revenant Titan

Go down 
+9
flakmonkey
Thor665
CptMetal
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Count Adhemar
Squidmaster
Massaen
1++
The Red King
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

Fighting a Revenant Titan Empty
PostSubject: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2016, 05:47

So there is a tournament coming up at my lgs and the T.O. seems to have lost his mind.

The restrictions are as follows.

2000 points

1 CAD

1 allied (optional)

No decurion style. No formations.

1 LoW allowed (already know our "that guy" bought a Revenant Titan)

Oh and the big kicker... KILL POINTS!

so no playing the mission or making a reasonable deathstar. Don't go to the tournament?? All flavor of Eldar available.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2016, 08:15

Bringing a spoon to a gun fight much

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2016, 12:59

I can say that short of invisibility on an opposing Death Star, the revenant will win the event if played by a competent player.

If the eldar player can make it invisible as well... That's game right there

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2016, 13:05

My best piece of advice if playing against a Revenant Titan, is to bring your own Revenant Titan.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2016, 14:07

The Revenant really is Exhibit A in the case for Apocalypse not being allowed within a country mile of 'normal' 40K.

The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2016, 17:10

That's what I thought. I would just play msu and win with the mission as I know the player on question is not all that competent but no, kill points.

Kabalite Warrior
stevethedestroyeofworlds

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2016, 17:23

Its a vehicle right?
Maybe drop 3 heat lance scourges and 3 blasterborn next to it, and as many triple lance ravagers as possible. Mix WWP blaster archons with the blasterborn in Raiders. That might take it down if you're lucky

Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2016, 17:27

That's a lot of kill points to offer up to your enemy just to gain 3 points.

Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2016, 18:10

Maybe tell him that you don't play with such stupid Rules and get the other to not play too? Otherwise the Organizers will think it was a success and will do it again!

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02 2016, 20:01

I dunno, how many Warhounds do you own? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2016, 00:28

Thor665 wrote:

Against a Pulsar armed Revenant? Probably not enough.

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2016, 07:24

I like the T.O. though. I think people complaining about things is what drove him to such a laze fair tournament in the first place.

Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2016, 08:40

Maybe. But the fixation on kill points is nuts! At least make it random or some campaign stuff...

Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2016, 13:09

Two choices to combat the Revenant Titan with any Eldar options available:

1) Get a Revenant Titan too
2) Three units of 3 Hornets with Pulse Lasers, and hope for first turn and no invisibility - that would give you the ability to destroy it (for less points than the Titan) in one round of shooting in turn one.

With Dark Eldar, I think it is three units of Ravagers and Scourges and hope it doesn't wreck you before the reserves arrive.

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2016, 14:47

flakmonkey wrote:
Thor665 wrote:

Against a Pulsar armed Revenant? Probably not enough.
Eh, I actually think the Warhound stacks up very favorably versus the Rev. As regards each other they basically have the same weapon system, and then its Voids vs. Holo.

Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03 2016, 15:55

Option 1 = Organize so that no one goes to the tournament. Then when no one shows up the TO will rethink this position.

Option 2 = Pull a draw in the first game, then win the next 2 hoping to Place 2nd or 3rd?

We had a similar thing happen here in our area. Guy brought a Brass Scorpion. The TO looked at the armies and thought I had the best chance to take him down, so he put me on him in the first turn. I was pissed but I played. Lost badly.

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2016, 10:30

Kantalla wrote:
Two choices to combat the Revenant Titan with any Eldar options available:

1) Get a Revenant Titan too
2) Three units of 3 Hornets with Pulse Lasers, and hope for first turn and no invisibility - that would give you the ability to destroy it (for less points than the Titan) in one round of shooting in turn one.

With Dark Eldar, I think it is three units of Ravagers and Scourges and hope it doesn't wreck you before the reserves arrive.

Just to clarify, even going first, the chances of 3 hornets killing the revenant are slim...

12 shots (4 per hornet), 8 hits - reroll for holofields makes it 6 hits (being generous), 1 glance + 2 pen - not nearly enough outside of some bizarre rndom luck that sees you roll 2 6's for the pens followed by 2 more 5+ for the extra damage. Even less if it goes first... the hits drop to 4 and the damage is even worse.

On the DE front... not great either...

3 triple lance ravagers is 4 hits (3 if it moved), then 2 glance or better results
12 haywire scourges is better - the blasts will hit outside of the most outlandish scatter but thanks to the holofields, it will be 6 hits if it moved, 8 if it did not max. Then they cant pen it to cause an explodes result so it gonna take 5-8 hull points on average. That's pretty solid. You do loose all 3 units in the following turn though.

Combined the 6 units will kill it for sure - over 700 points shooting and assuming no cover and all in range - that's a good trade.

Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2016, 11:19

I did miss the Holo-Field, but for the sake of clarification, I meant 3 units of 3 Hornets each, which is 9 rather than 3 Hornets. Almost, but not quite the price of the Titan.

If you got to go first that is 36 shots, 24 hits (a Farseer or two with Guide is tempting here), 12 glancing or penetrating hits, reducing to 8 from the Holo-Field as it hasn't moved at that point. One explode result or some assistance from the rest of the army and the Titan could realistically be destroyed.

If you didn't get first turn, the Titan is potentially invisible and then there really is not a viable option to take it down.

I'm a little confused by your Haywire Scourges comments though - Haywire Blaster doesn't have Blast, so will miss a bit more often than you are assuming.

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05 2016, 14:39

Actually - the 36 shots is 24 hits which then become 16 hits thanks to holofields... which then become 8 glancing or better - with averages this means a dead titan. Same result but the order is important.

On the haywire front - my bad - I have been playing Harlequins a lot of late and their haywire is blast!

MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05 2016, 14:48

12 hits if it moves, which it will do, as it's a jump around and shoot kind of titan.

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05 2016, 14:55

That's true - but if you go before it moves then my result is correct - which is what we were talking about.

Kehmor
Kabalite Warrior
Kehmor

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05 2016, 21:11

Surely something like a huge unit of reavers could just hold it in combat? It only has 2 attacks.

Last edited by Kehmor on Sun Jun 05 2016, 23:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05 2016, 21:46

And d3 stomps.

Kabalite Warrior
Kehmor

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05 2016, 23:57

MarcoAvrelis wrote:
And d3 stomps.

Oh yeah - and that Razz
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2016, 00:25

Stomps (like the D itself) is iffy. 10 wyches could probably hold it for 2 combats. I would wager. They just are not it's intended target. If it could be caught at all with its 36 inch move.

I'm away from book so can anyone look at the exact wording for holo-field and blasts? He seemed to think it stopped blasts and templates from auto hitting.

PostSubject: Re: Fighting a Revenant Titan   Fighting a Revenant Titan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fighting a Revenant Titan
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next