THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

alaitoc allying with dark eldar?

Go down 
+5
Jimsolo
BlackCadian
Squidmaster
Cavash
vidyadhara
9 posters
AuthorMessage
vidyadhara
Slave
vidyadhara

alaitoc allying with dark eldar? Empty
PostSubject: alaitoc allying with dark eldar?   alaitoc allying with dark eldar? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19 2016, 23:39

I have a considerable amount of alaitoc craftworld eldar and was planning on starting a dark eldar allied detachment but it's some what irking at the thought of a zealous craftworld allying with the dark kin, any suggestions to make it seem more plausible? I was thinking of a alaitoc corsair theme where they have a lot of exarchs and things of that nature but are more intent on exercising their aspect more violently than those of the craftworld. Any suggestions or ideas would be most welcome! Smile thank you for your time.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: alaitoc allying with dark eldar?   alaitoc allying with dark eldar? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2016, 13:15

Moved to the Discussion section.

Cheers

alaitoc allying with dark eldar? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: alaitoc allying with dark eldar?   alaitoc allying with dark eldar? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2016, 14:08

Arwe you mainly looking at narrative plausability?

If thats the case, then Eldar have been known to ally with anyone. There's been fluff material describing Farseers as taking any and all actions which will help their Craftworld. If that means allowing the Tyranids to take a few worlds for the great good of some future plan, then thats what they'll do.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
BlackCadian
Kabalite Warrior
BlackCadian

PostSubject: Re: alaitoc allying with dark eldar?   alaitoc allying with dark eldar? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2016, 14:59

I've asked a similar question once, and the answer I received was surprisingly simple and made a lot of sense:

Bascially Eldar and Dark Eldar are actually pretty likely to ally when faced with a common enemy - which is, well, everyone not from the Eldar race.

Remember - this is not Warhammer Fantasy where there was this massive betrayal and war between High Elves and Dark Elves. Eldar and Dark Eldar simply chose a different path to deal with what happened to their race. They might not like each other very much, but they dislike everyone else a lot more.

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: alaitoc allying with dark eldar?   alaitoc allying with dark eldar? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2016, 15:40

If space elves are anything, they're racist. An Eldar or Dark Eldar would rather fight back to back with their must reviled cousin than allow some jumped up ape think they can lay hands on an Eldar and live.
Back to top Go down
vidyadhara
Slave
vidyadhara

PostSubject: Re: alaitoc allying with dark eldar?   alaitoc allying with dark eldar? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2016, 22:22

thank you all for the input. that puts my mind at ease when it comes to the fluff view of things, i must ask though. What kabal would most likely ally with alaitoc?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: alaitoc allying with dark eldar?   alaitoc allying with dark eldar? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20 2016, 23:04

Not really a 'Kabal' per se, but Duke Sliscus's Sky Serpents would be my pick. Sliscus has no loyalty to the Dark City or the greater bulk of the True Kin, and would be very likely to ally with an Eldar army just for laughs.
Back to top Go down
Hellraiser
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: alaitoc allying with dark eldar?   alaitoc allying with dark eldar? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2016, 00:37

Eldar traitors submitting to the Dark side.

Although it is hard for me to believe the entire Alaitoc faction would suddenly give in to their desires, the idea of a band of renagades wanting to join the dark eldar would be feasible. There was one battle in the end times where the Iyanden craftworld was attacked by a hive fleet. The tides seemed endless. Seers saw doom. Suddenly, a portal opened and Dark Eldar came to fight the hive. After the war, they left. The cause was simply that they would be less without their arch enemy. There have been other contacts between the Eldar cousins aswell.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: alaitoc allying with dark eldar?   alaitoc allying with dark eldar? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21 2016, 06:11

I created a Web way based Kabal without direct connection to the dark city. Maybe conquered their own wasted and destroyed maiden world whose planet spirit reflects the planet itself: harsh, toxic, dangerous. But a maiden world and protection from she who thirsts nevertheless. Would make for awesome terrain possibilities too!

Slave
vidyadhara

PostSubject: Re: alaitoc allying with dark eldar?   alaitoc allying with dark eldar? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 03:15

interesting, i like the idea of running the duke even though he's no longer in the current codex. How would someone build an archon to fit his profile? would it be best just to run a corsair list for said sky serpents?
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: alaitoc allying with dark eldar?   alaitoc allying with dark eldar? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 03:18

Probably to be honest. Armywide drugs and access to a jetpack/jetboard for your Prince.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: alaitoc allying with dark eldar?   alaitoc allying with dark eldar? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 05:26

A drug based corsair prince would make a better Duke than an Archon, sadly.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: alaitoc allying with dark eldar?   alaitoc allying with dark eldar? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2016, 17:23

The only Kabal that specifically target other Eldar (namely craftworld eldar and exodites) is the Kabal of the Last Hatred. Coincidentally their color scheme is the closest I've seen to Alaitoc. Other than that it's perfectly fluffy for Alaitoc to ally with a Kabal (unless there's something I don't know about Alaitoc) as both forces benefit from the additional forces and are much more comfortable with each other than any other potential ally (except perhaps Harlequins or Corsairs).

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: alaitoc allying with dark eldar?   alaitoc allying with dark eldar? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

alaitoc allying with dark eldar?
Page 1 of 1