THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Corsairs of Alaitoc

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
vidyadhara
Slave
vidyadhara

Corsairs of Alaitoc Empty
PostSubject: Corsairs of Alaitoc   Corsairs of Alaitoc I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2016, 19:23

EC Corsair Fleet Raiding Company (990)

Cotorie:

Sky Burners

Elites:

Corsair Malevolent Band w/Corsair Combat Drugs, Corsair Jet Packs and two power lances.

Fast Attack:

Corsair Hornet Squadron x2 Hornets w/ Corsair Kinetic Shroud, Corsair Void Burners, dual pulse-lasers.

Heavy Support:

Corsair Warp Hunter Squadron x1 Warp Hunter w/Corsair Void Burners, Corsair Kinetic Shroud.

HQ :

Corsair Baron w/Corsair Jet Pack, Shimmershield.

Troops:

Corsair Reaver Band w/two Fusion Guns, Corsair Venom-Corsair Kinetic Shroud, Corsair Void Burners, Scatter Laser, Splinter Cannon upgrade.

Corsair Reaver Band w/two blasters, Corsair Jet Packs.

Command Crew:

Corsair Prince w/Corsair Jet Pack, Seeker of Forbidden Pleasures, Shadow Field, Void Sabre, Wild Psyker lvl 1.

CRAFTWORLD ELDAR CAD (507)

HQ:

Warlock Conclave: One warlock w/Windrid upgrade.

TROOPS:

3x Windriders w/three scatter-laser upgrades.

3x Windriders w/three scatter-laser upgrades.

LORD OF WAR:

Wraithknight w/Ghostglaive and Scattershield

Be sure to tell me what you think, I have alot of gaurdians i can convert and have the craftworld CAD ready and painted. I know running a heavily loaded prince isn't super competitive but i thought it would be a bit more interesting/fun.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs of Alaitoc   Corsairs of Alaitoc I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2016, 20:19

I assume your prince is going with the Malevolent band? Is the Baron also going there? What are you going to do with your 1 psychic mastery level on the prince?
Back to top Go down
vidyadhara
Slave
vidyadhara

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs of Alaitoc   Corsairs of Alaitoc I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2016, 21:02

I was thinking of rolling biomancy or something of the sorts to buff him up and yes he is joining the Malevolents. i was planning on throwing the baron with the blasterband. what do you think?
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs of Alaitoc   Corsairs of Alaitoc I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2016, 22:26

I think you should just throw the baron in with the malevolents too, in order to give them an invuln save with that shimmershield. As for the psychic power, I don't think you can roll on biomancy. I think he's limited to telepathy, daemonology, and something else I don't recall off the top of my head.

Either way, I'd probably go for sanctic daemonology with him, hoping for hammerhand or sanctuary. Both of those would be really good for that unit. Hammerhand +2S for the unit, and sanctuary increases the invuln save they get from the shimmershield from 5+ to 4+. Of the other 4 powers in sanctic, 3 of them are witchfires which are always useful, and 1 is a teleport that uses the deep strike rules. Since you're using the skyburners rule, that means when you use the teleport, you'd only scatter 1d6, which basically means that every single power on sanctic is useful to this list.

Hope I've helped! Let us know what you decide to go with! Wink
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs of Alaitoc   Corsairs of Alaitoc I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2016, 22:43

Can't get telepathy. Divination and Telekinesis only.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs of Alaitoc   Corsairs of Alaitoc I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27 2016, 23:18

Right, I was actually thinking of divination when I wrote telepathy. lol, Telepathy would be way better, and worth considering taking over sanctic.

So basically gotta choose divination, telekinesis, or daemonology. As I said, I'd still go with sanctic daemonology.
Back to top Go down
vidyadhara
Slave
vidyadhara

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs of Alaitoc   Corsairs of Alaitoc I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 00:29

good to hear feedback, ill be sure to roll daemonology then Smile I must ask though, do you think the list will hold up to the current meta? anything in your opinion you might change?
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs of Alaitoc   Corsairs of Alaitoc I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 00:48

I mean, it might. You don't have a deathstar or anything. You have a decent melee unit, and a fairly straightforward list that might be a LITTLE light on AT, but that's somewhat counterbalanced by the wraithknight.

If it was me, I'd probably consider taking the wraithcannons on the knight, but that's just a personal preference, and other than that, it seems like a list worth trying out, in any case.

If you're asking if I think it's competitive enough to justify buying every one of these models from scratch if you currently own none of them, with an eye on competitive play, my answer would be no. But competitive play is so streamlined that anything that isn't completely awesome has no place in such a list.

If talking about competitive play, I think corsairs have a place, but primarily as a cheaper, more versatile delivery method of a mask of secrets than harlies provide. There is some merit to their unit special abilities and such, but with the recent rulings on corsairs in the ITC taking away the overwatch use of reckless abandon and disallowing non-corsair units from benefitting from warp tunnel, I think the ITC did a good job of making them have fairly low desirability in their format.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corsairs of Alaitoc   Corsairs of Alaitoc I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corsairs of Alaitoc
Page 1 of 1