THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Beginner 1,850 pts Kabal / Alaitoc for local tournys

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ashoka
Slave
Ashoka

Beginner 1,850 pts Kabal / Alaitoc for local tournys  Empty
PostSubject: Beginner 1,850 pts Kabal / Alaitoc for local tournys    Beginner 1,850 pts Kabal / Alaitoc for local tournys  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2018, 15:36

Hi all,

I'm new to the Dark Eldar and wanted some commentary on a list that I wanted to collect for local tournaments (so not overly comepetitive). I prefer to collect models to fit into a list to be able to start playing right when I'm finished collecting instead of building a collection and the start to compile lists. I want to expand the collection of course, but would appriciate your commentaries on the viability of the list below and eventually some changes.

Drukhari Battalion Detachment:

Kabal Battalion-Detachment (+5 CP)

HQ:

Archon (Agoniser, Blast Pistol): 84 pts

Archon (Agoniser, Blast Pistol): 84 pts

2 Sslyth (Court of the Archon): 54 pts

Troops:

3 x 10 Kabalite Warriors (each 2x Blasters, 1x Splinter Cannon): 3 x 104 pts

Heavy Support:

2 x Ravager (each 3 Disintegrator Cannons): 2x 125

Transports:

3 x Raider (Dark Lance, Splinter Racks): 3 x 95 pts

2 x Venom (vanilla): 2 x 65 pts

Alaitoc-Craftworld-Battalion-Detachment (+5 CP)

HQ:

Farseer Skyrunner (Singing Spear): 135 pts

Warlock Skyrunner (Singing Spear): 70 pts

Troops:

2 x 5 Rangers: 2 x 60 pts

8 Dire Averngers (Exarch with E-Glaive und Shimmershield): 116 pts

Flyers:

Hemlock Wraithfighter: 210 pts

Total: 1846 pts

As mentioned above, these are the models I intend to collect. As of now I have 5 Rangers, 5 Dire Avengers, both Skyrunners, and one troop of Kabalites, one Archon, one Raider and one Venom. Any comments are highly appreciated as I am new to the Eldar and don't want to buy and paint stuff that I will not use often.

I would also appreciate suggestions as to Obsessions, Warlord Trait and Relics.

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

Beginner 1,850 pts Kabal / Alaitoc for local tournys  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginner 1,850 pts Kabal / Alaitoc for local tournys    Beginner 1,850 pts Kabal / Alaitoc for local tournys  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2018, 20:25

In terms of obsessions it really just depends on your play style, would you like to have a feel no pain roll on your vehicles (black heart)? Or would you rather be able to remove the cover save bonus while in a transport that can move an extra 3 inches and reroll hit rolls of 1 (Flayed scull), I would say both of these are for more agreasive play, while obsidian rose, which adds 6 inches of range to your assault, heavy weapons and rapid fire weapons, is more defensive as you don't have to get as close to your opponent. But if you want to use a ton of poison weaponry (this is my favorite Kabal) go with poison tongue, they reroll wound rolls of 1 for all melee and poison weapons. Though I think Flayed skull would work best with a farseer that has the doom psychic power.
Back to top Go down

Beginner 1,850 pts Kabal / Alaitoc for local tournys
Page 1 of 1