THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"

Go down 
+44
Vlad
Rhivan
PsychicHobo
SCP Yeeman
Skulnbonz
CurstAlchemist
WildCandy
der-al
killedbydeath
jjw771
Squidmaster
|Meavar
Archon Vitcus
Mononcule
Creeping Darkness
Barrywise
Myrvn
Logan Frost
mattblowers
The Strange Dark One
Siticus the Ancient
amorrowlyday
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Jimsolo
fisheyes
Kurnous
dumpeal
Devilogical
Ynneadwraith
CptMetal
BetrayTheWorld
The Red King
aurynn
mrmagoo
Imateria
Draco
Count Adhemar
Tounguekutter
Painjunky
HokutoAndy
TeenageAngst
Klaive
Cavash
RoadRageRob666
48 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
RoadRageRob666
Hellion
RoadRageRob666

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" Empty
PostSubject: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2017, 19:55

Hey everyone,

The special rules for the Ynnari faction recently went up on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/5s6o1d/ynnari_special_rule_leaks/).

Heres a link to the rules: https://imgur.com/a/dbR41

Thoughts?

Last edited by RoadRageRob666 on Fri Feb 10 2017, 21:51; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2017, 19:59

So is anybody getting vibes that now all we need is living metal casings?

The Visarch looks like it could be a lot of fun. I am looking forward to seeing the full statlines of some of these units.

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Klaive
Hellion
Klaive

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2017, 21:28

So Wyches aren't better but we have some great bonuses for deliberately charging them into a face full of overwatch. Looks like we'll have some fun new tactics with this faction. No, please shoot at me. Please!
Opponents are going to have to try not to wipe out Ynnari squads

Dark City Project Log: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t11127-the-rusty-klaive

Painting Blog: The Rusty Klaive
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2017, 21:36

Quote :
Opponents are going to have to try not to wipe out Ynnari squads

This reminds me of playing against Vrak's Unending Host.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior
HokutoAndy

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 03:42

Ancestor's Blessing is perfect for a death star. Generating dice from destroyed units... what's the cheapest pts wise unit Eldar can field, is it 3 man wracks?

Holy hell the soulburst allows for off turn actions, just surround your deathstar with disposable wracks for extra movement and shooting! This is like Dark Eldar soul eating cranked up to 11

Speaking of Chaos gods, the Ynnari have...
- Soul eating like Slaanesh
- Psychic dickery like Tzeench
- Feel No Pain like Nurgle
- buckets of melee attacks/rerolls like Khaine

Poor Abaddon, the warp just likes Eldar more than any other soul.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 04:00

They generate wounds off of destroyed nearby models, not units. Bubble wrap it in some Wyches and you're good to go. It's absolutely ridiculous to fight for any army that isn't dropping blast weapons. Strangely enough I see these units being especially weak to things like Wyvern spam and Warp Hunters, which are already entrenched in the current meta. And yes, of course, with every unit you kill, they get an out of turn action, perhaps even army-wide if I'm reading some of this hootenanny right.

Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 08:19

Rules that break the IGOUGO system are usually quite powerfull.
These rules are especially so.

Whenever your opponent hits you, you get to immediately hit back or move to a more advantageous position, sometimes both.
You get far more actions with your units over the game than your opponent does.
You get more offensive power AND more opportunities to score OBJs. Shocked

Down side is it just makes scatbike spam even more desirable. Rolling Eyes
Also your friends will hate you as its annoying as hell to play against.

Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 09:09

Are you saying scatbike spam is more desirable to play in conjunction with Ynnari or to counter them? Because I would think you'd want Ynnari on foot and that would slow down bikes but IDK.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 09:56

Gaze of Ynnead seems suitably ridiculous. ID anything that's less than T6 with no saves allowed (other than Necron RP). Pretty decent against vehicles too, being AP1.

Draco
Kabalite Warrior
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 14:06

Count Adhemar wrote:
Gaze of Ynnead seems suitably ridiculous. ID anything that's less than T6 with no saves allowed (other than Necron RP). Pretty decent against vehicles too, being AP1.

I would also assume Her/His powers are pre-picked, and I'm sure this is one of them.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 14:07

Count Adhemar wrote:
But being WC3 you're throwing 5+ dice at it. Given that the Tyranid Warp Blast ability with it's lance profile (18", S10, AP2, Assault 1, Lance) isn't worth WC2, I really don't see this being worth WC3 unless you can cast on a 2+.

Add that to Terrors from the Warp where on any Perils you roll 2 dice and apply both results, it could be very risky to try and cast without a huge benefit.

Last edited by Imateria on Mon Feb 06 2017, 14:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 14:10

Painjunky wrote:

Whenever your opponent hits you, you get to immediately hit back or move to a more advantageous position, sometimes both.

The downside is that you're loosing units to power this ability. I can see Strength from Death being really powerful early game but late game you'll be wanting to keep your units alive more, or they'll be more spread out so not getting any benefit from it.
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 14:59

Book 2 is arriving today in some parts of the world... I can't wait.....
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 16:18

I expect @Jimsolo is getting excited at the possibility of adding the Visarch to his Freakshows. His sword apparently makes enemy units within 3" use their lowest Ld instead of their highest Smile

mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 16:41

Sitting on the edge of my seat. I have so MANY questions. Unfortunatly I will not get mine till Friday. Sad

SoulBurst
1. Would this effect Vehicles? So Dark Eldar and Harlequins desperately need their rides to be effective. So If a Vehicle dies do all vehicles/units within 7 inches get to Move/Shoot?
2. Do the units Inside Vehicles get to shoot? Since they are Technically not on the board.
3. Where is this measured from? From where the unit started, because you can get some big units? From the last model?

Loving this, Also really want to know if I have to take Eldar and to what extent. Smile I just sold most of my Eldar Stuff as I really wanted to be true Dark Kin. Kicking myself for that one now.

Still have 18 Scat Bikes and a Autarch on bike.

Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 18:04

mrmagoo wrote:
Sitting on the edge of my seat.   I have so MANY questions. Unfortunatly I will not get mine till Friday.  Sad

SoulBurst
1. Would this effect Vehicles? So Dark Eldar and Harlequins desperately need their rides to be effective. So If a Vehicle dies do all vehicles/units within 7 inches get to Move/Shoot?
2. Do the units Inside Vehicles get to shoot? Since they are Technically not on the board.
3. Where is this measured from? From where the unit started, because you can get some big units? From the last model?

Loving this,  Also really want to know if I have to take Eldar and to what extent.  Smile  I just sold most of my Eldar Stuff as I really wanted to be true Dark Kin.  Kicking myself for that one now.  

1. Not all. One. Each only once per turn.

The Soulburst is a high risk / high reward ability. I love it.

Overall the abilities seem not broken. Save for the triumvirate healing. Love the Revenant discipline. But there is a lot that is not answered that will give a context to all this.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 18:31

I hope to god the avatar is a monstrous creature because recovering wounds on a 3+ while in a unit and able to look out sir is disgusting in a way that reminds me of my ex-wife.

Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 18:35

Well since it has to deepstrike and has its own rule for doing so I can't imagine it can start in a squad in any case.
However I don't think that it being a character would make it any harder to kill than cawl or Celestine our Lady of the broken rules

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 18:39

aurynn wrote:
mrmagoo wrote:

SoulBurst
1. Would this effect Vehicles? So Dark Eldar and Harlequins desperately need their rides to be

Although, the "Unity in death" ability may result in it effecting multiple units more than once. I'm curious to know if unity in death is a formation special rule, mission special rule, army special rule, or what.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 18:57

aurynn wrote:
mrmagoo wrote:
Sitting on the edge of my seat.   I have so MANY questions. Unfortunatly I will not get mine till Friday.  Sad

SoulBurst

Loving this,  Also really want to know if I have to take Eldar and to what extent.  Smile  I just sold most of my Eldar Stuff as I really wanted to be true Dark Kin.  Kicking myself for that one now.  

The Soulburst is a high risk / high reward ability. I love it.

Overall the abilities seem not broken. Save for the triumvirate healing. Love the Revenant discipline. But there is a lot that is not answered that will give a context to all this.

I took that the each Unit could only do it once per turn. So if you kill 2 Units the unit in between would only get 1 Soulburst not 2.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 19:19

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
aurynn wrote:
mrmagoo wrote:

SoulBurst
1. Would this effect Vehicles? So Dark Eldar and Harlequins desperately need their rides to be

Although, the "Unity in death" ability may result in it effecting multiple units more than once. I'm curious to know if unity in death is a formation special rule, mission special rule, army special rule, or what.

I also took this as even if they weren't within 7 inches. All could get to perform a SoulBurst
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 20:15

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
aurynn wrote:
mrmagoo wrote:

SoulBurst

Thats a question. I would bet its a Detachment bonus for max units. Thats why I dont account for it. yet. Soulburst sounds like armywide. Unity in Death sounds more like a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 21:00

Imateria wrote:
Painjunky wrote:

The downside is that you're loosing units to power this ability. I can see Strength from Death being really powerful early game but late game you'll be wanting to keep your units alive more, or they'll be more spread out so not getting any benefit from it.

That's actually not much of a downside.

You will lose units during a game anyway especially if you play MSU as many of us do and will be. When you do you get a massive bonus that will mean you actually lose LESS units. As well as extra chances to score obj pts.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 21:03

I'm a big fan of the Eldar deathstar (talking survived and killed 3 Baneblade death stars) supported by MSU everything else. I'm also a huge fan of making your opponent really regret killing your stuff. This book is perfect for me.

Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 21:15

Defeating the army will be running an algorithm every damn turn. Identify distances between units, determine threat ranges, establish objectives, begin order of operations, remove tertiary threats, reevaluate, remove another threat, reevaluate again, continue until you run out of options or your opponent runs out of models.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: