THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"

Go down 
+44
Vlad
Rhivan
PsychicHobo
SCP Yeeman
Skulnbonz
CurstAlchemist
WildCandy
der-al
killedbydeath
jjw771
Squidmaster
|Meavar
Archon Vitcus
Mononcule
Creeping Darkness
Barrywise
Myrvn
Logan Frost
mattblowers
The Strange Dark One
Siticus the Ancient
amorrowlyday
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Jimsolo
fisheyes
Kurnous
dumpeal
Devilogical
Ynneadwraith
CptMetal
BetrayTheWorld
The Red King
aurynn
mrmagoo
Imateria
Draco
Count Adhemar
Tounguekutter
Painjunky
HokutoAndy
TeenageAngst
Klaive
Cavash
RoadRageRob666
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 21:47

Sounds like fun!

Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 22:03

Beat me to it.

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 22:22

TeenageAngst wrote:
Defeating the army will be running an algorithm every damn turn. Identify distances between units, determine threat ranges, establish objectives, begin order of operations, remove tertiary threats, reevaluate, remove another threat, reevaluate again, continue until you run out of options or your opponent runs out of models.
And where is the change exactly? :-D
Its not as bad as it sounds. Its a chance mechanic so you will play as without it, treating this rule as a bonus. It just adds an extra offensive/tactical layer to our normal play. One that we cannot rely upon. Love it.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 22:41

It's warp spiders 2.0, and they only moved. This is army wide moves, charges, and shooting.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 22:48

I think you overestimate how often will you be able to pull it. Its army-wide possibility. Its in no-way automatic army-wide rule.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 22:56

This makes me want to completely repaint my Drukhari in deathly-palor colors. Different shades of bone with washed out purple highlights and bright energy source-lighting. The possibilities for thematic armies is strong with this one, which I very much like because it rubs me the wrong way a little when I see the arguably classic eldar rainbow kaleidoscope army.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 23:41

Tounguekutter wrote:
This makes me want to completely repaint my Drukhari in deathly-palor colors.  Different shades of bone with washed out purple highlights and bright energy source-lighting.  The possibilities for thematic armies is strong with this one, which I very much like because it rubs me the wrong way a little when I see the arguably classic eldar rainbow kaleidoscope army.

Yeah this Smile I keep meaning to re-paint my Aspect Warriors which suffer slightly from this...

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 23:44

I like Eldar rainbow armies because they are classic and I don't like things to be different.

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 2nd-eldar-codex
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06 2017, 23:51

Look at that one treacherous swooping hawk firing blindly into his own lines. Tragic foreshadow of the cyclopea cabal perhaps?

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2017, 03:32

TeenageAngst wrote:
I like Eldar rainbow armies because they are classic and I don't like things to be different.

You'd probably hate my Eldar army then. No rainbows allowed.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2017, 08:35

It definetly looks interesting. Hope we get full army list soon for charachteristics, formations and more

Rules for them will be in Fracture of Biel-Tan only, right?

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2017, 08:56

The rules leak does seem to be genuine as GW released a video with Phil Kelly talking about the Visarch and everything he said corresponded to what has been leaked. Now I really want to know about army construction, formations etc.

Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2017, 13:06

Count Adhemar wrote:
The rules leak does seem to be genuine as GW released a video with Phil Kelly talking about the Visarch and everything he said corresponded to what has been leaked. Now I really want to know about army construction, formations etc.
My understanding is that this leak is the previews from Black Library for the digital edition of the Fracture of Biel-Tan. It's amazing how much BL have given away this time.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2017, 23:14

New tactic: 6 4-dark lance unit of scourge deepstriking on the top of a building, all near each other. Some will fail the scattering, but if destroyed, will trigger the soulburst and the surviving ones will be ready to fire next turn. Your opponent will hesitate to destroy them, because if he does, he'll make other scourges shoot again.
Back to top Go down
Kurnous
Slave
Kurnous

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2017, 23:59

Looks like we have actual book leaks on Natfka.
Can't post links as I am a new member.

It's sweet that we can run pure Dark eldar armies within the new faction

My question is about the detatchment. Why aren't Trueborn listed under Elites? Did they get cut out or is it this weird you cant ake them as an "upgrade" to warriors stuff and aren't officially their own thing.
It would really suck if they cut out one of our best units.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08 2017, 00:11

If you can take Warriors then you can take Trueborn, as they're an upgrade to Warriors.

The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08 2017, 00:29

I think wraithblades will be really good here. With the Yncarne nearby it's a 4+ invuln and 4+ fnp. Due to initiative 1 they won't allow the enemy a chance to strike if they charge a second squad out of sequence.

Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08 2017, 03:07

DE raider taxi is back. Weird that we are not allowed haemi units. But i think this will make most "standerd" lists aant to switch from PFP over to the new ability.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08 2017, 03:08

Raider taxi is also good for wraithblades. Honestly I like it. Shoot the raider out from under them and boom they charge you.

Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08 2017, 03:16

You'll still have to expend your valuable FA slots for those taxis, but yeah, we are definitely back.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08 2017, 03:50

The Red King wrote:
Raider taxi is also good for wraithblades. Honestly I like it.  Shoot the raider out from under them and boom they charge you.

I don't know if this will work, since they're technically not on the table when it dies. It's a very grey area, and it doesn't themeatically make sense to not work, but based on the rules as written...it probably won't. We'll have to see how tournaments call it.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08 2017, 04:11

You can't tell me this unit somehow exists in a state of schrodinger-esque limbo when their vehicle blows up. Unless you rule that the power from death rule only applies in the split second between removing the model and placing the models on the table.

Valid counter question following that (admittedly rules wise viable) train of logic; if your vehicle dies and another unit is within range to strength from death. Do you have to wait to place the models from the transport until after you have finished your move/shoot/or charge. That could affect things like "cover saves for intervening models" or make it possible for a unit hiding behind the boat to now charge through the "currently" empty space that will soon be occupied by the passengers of the vehicle but since they are currently frozen in time in a space of nonexistence they won't block you from charging.

I hope that didn't come across as a reductio ad absurdum. I mean that quite literally, since it can't be both ways. The death triggers the action and if the action can only be triggered in that microsecond time frame then technically you have to complete the action you declared before you can place the models as there is no provision for triggering and then delaying the activation.

Edit: the use of the word "you" is not actually directed at you.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08 2017, 04:23

Well, the ITC will rule it by popular vote.  (So no, it won't work.  Also, LOW won't be allowed in Ynnari detachments and in fact, Ynnari detachments will only be allowed as long as they consist of naked Archons and squads of footslogging wyches with no upgrades.) Smile

Rules-wise, I would argue that the death or destruction of the model which triggers Power from Death must resolve completely before Power from Death activates. (So, as a further consequence, a C'Tan or SuperHeavy Vehicle that killed all the units within range with their death throes would not trigger the rule.)

In the case of a transport vehicle, placing the passengers on the table is one of the steps in the resolution of that casualty. It hasn't finished resolving until they are on the table. Once the casualty is resolved, any unit within range is eligible for the Power from Death buff, including (in most cases) the passengers of the vehicle itself.
Back to top Go down
RoadRageRob666
Hellion
RoadRageRob666

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08 2017, 04:33

Well, no need for anymore rumours, wishlisting, or fear mongering, Codex leaks are out!

Now, I'm sure that there are more specifics (e.x., transports) within the actual codex, but for now, this leak gives a very good overview of book!

Heres the link: https://imgur.com/gallery/ovnIQ

Edit: nevermind, under the "Reborn Warhost Army List" text, it states that each unit is bound by the specifics and wargear/transport options detailed in the codex!

Last edited by RoadRageRob666 on Wed Feb 08 2017, 04:37; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08 2017, 04:34

This is why I hate the ITC. I know that's an exaggeration, but it's one with merit.

And that's the real question, which order of operations takes precedent? The process of your vehicle exploding is (in my mind not interrupted by the trigger of another rule)

It bugs the crap out of me that Yvraine has a higher WS than the Visarch. I know she was a wych but come on. He's the blade MASTER.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next