THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"

Go down 
+44
Vlad
Rhivan
PsychicHobo
SCP Yeeman
Skulnbonz
CurstAlchemist
WildCandy
der-al
killedbydeath
jjw771
Squidmaster
|Meavar
Archon Vitcus
Mononcule
Creeping Darkness
Barrywise
Myrvn
Logan Frost
mattblowers
The Strange Dark One
Siticus the Ancient
amorrowlyday
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Jimsolo
fisheyes
Kurnous
dumpeal
Devilogical
Ynneadwraith
CptMetal
BetrayTheWorld
The Red King
aurynn
mrmagoo
Imateria
Draco
Count Adhemar
Tounguekutter
Painjunky
HokutoAndy
TeenageAngst
Klaive
Cavash
RoadRageRob666
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
aurynn
Incubi

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2017, 07:34

huh? refills for 2++?
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2017, 07:37

Rofl autocorrect. rerolls for the 2++ for the shadowfield an archon with the fleshbane sword should definitely have. Get rerolls from a farseer or maybe an allied prince if you don't mind giving up strength from death for a bit.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2017, 07:51

UF... I thought I missed something. :-D
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2017, 19:15

Archon Vitcus wrote:
That's what I thought, suppose it's not too bad for 15pts though for 2+ to wound.

Until you realize that every DE character used to be able to take a venom blade(2+) for 5 points in our previous codex.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 12 2017, 19:15

And GMC's didn't exist yet...
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 05:13

Has anyone else noticed that the ynnari reborn warhist can't use hekatrix bloodbrides or kabalites trueborn, but can use warriors and wyches? I know they aren't the best units, but I think it's funny that it can take the troop version but not the elites version of these two
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 05:21

They're listed that way because of the fact that bloodbrides and trueborn are actually just upgrades to warriors and wyches, which changes their role to elite. They aren't technically an elite choice until they're upgraded.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 05:31

Yup. They're also listed as just 'Warriors/Wyches' in the formation in the codex, but GW has already established that this doesn't preclude an upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 05:35

Awesome so blasreborn and shredderborn are going to be put back into my warhost list, thank you
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 05:39

Ooh, Shredderborn might actually not suck so much with SfD.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 12:27

Jimsolo wrote:
Ooh, Shredderborn might actually not suck so much with SfD.
I find that hard to believe.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 12:29

Are Shredders really that terrible?

Or is it more that they're not worth the premium of upgrading to Trueborn and then buying a Shredder on top of that?

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 12:37

Firing twice with a crap weapon is better than firing once with it but that doesn't mean it doesn't still suck Very Happy

Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 12:45

Shredders are not that crappy, they are short range, so usually out of position. Now we are incentivised to be upfront, so maybe they could work.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 13:02

They really are that crappy. Blast weapons are inherently inaccurate and the total lack of ignores cover or AP means that anything that does get hit will probably be wounded but will then save that wound.

Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 13:11

The same can be said about splinter weapons, poison 4+ ap5 is as good as S5 ap- against 5+ and against anything with invuln or better armour shredders are better than splinter. You pay as much for a blaster that gets you the benefits of both but not as many wounds.
As usual it all gets down to the situation in which you use them, but I don't see them as universally crappy.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 13:33

Maybe not universally but you're rarely going to find yourself better off spending extra points on a weapon that is shorter ranged, less accurate and with worse AP than the one you've already got, even if it does wound more efficiently against most targets.

Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 13:44

I disagree that blast weapons are inaccurate. The main benefit of taking them is generating his more reliably.

If you shoot at a tiny unit, mayhaps. But target acquisition is everything.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 13:49

Agreed. While I don't necessarily think it's a bad weapon (for 5pts anyway), I don't think it synergises too well with the dudes that can take one. SfD makes it better I suppose as you can potentially dash back to safety or fire again if you wipe out the unit you're shooting at, but you're probably relying on Shredders to wipe out a unit which as the Count has pointed out is far from a certainty.

The best place I can see for Shredders (mostly because I think they look cool) is on Corsair Reavers. Their 12" range synergises perfectly with Brace of Pistols and Reckless Abandon, and their S6 gives them the ability to pop light tanks for only 5pts each. Plus, you can take 2 Smile

Question. Statistically speaking, what BS is a small blast shot by BS4 equal to for the purposes of hitting your intended target?

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 13:51

It's not the size of the unit that matters, it's how tightly they're packed together. Maybe you guys play against people that like to clump their models up but in my games I'd be exceedingly fortunate to catch more than 2 in a small blast. Plus you've got to actually hit with the damn thing first.

Draco
Kabalite Warrior
Draco

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 13:56

Count Adhemar wrote:
It's not the size of the unit that matters, it's how tightly they're packed together. Maybe you guys play against people that like to clump their models up but in my games I'd be exceedingly fortunate to catch more than 2 in a small blast.

Especially after you fire one.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 14:00

I'm sorry what? Blast weapons are inherently MORE accurate. The math says so as I've demonstrated repeatedly.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 14:00

It is, as always, meta dependent.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 14:11

amorrowlyday wrote:
I'm sorry what? Blast weapons are inherently MORE accurate. The math says so as I've demonstrated repeatedly.

I've missed that and really not sure how you would even go about demonstrating it mathematically when you need to take into account random direction and distance of scatter and the proximity of models to each other in the target unit.

Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 15 2017, 14:13

Eh, 2 in a S6 small blast for 5pts isn't so bad. That's why I wanted to work out an equivalent accuracy. Then would could say, for instance, that BS4 Shredders on average equal a 12" S6 AP- Assault 2 gun at BSX for 5pts.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"   Ynnari Special Rules "Leak" - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynnari Special Rules "Leak"
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next