THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

On Wounds and Mortal Wounds and PFP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aurynn
Incubi

On Wounds and Mortal Wounds and PFP Empty
PostSubject: On Wounds and Mortal Wounds and PFP   On Wounds and Mortal Wounds and PFP I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09 2017, 10:21

Sooo... A friend of mine just spotted that Yncarne's save (Ynnead Stirs) specifically says that it applies to Wounds and Mortal Wounds...

Of course it implies that they are not one and the same and therefore our PFP save does not help against Mortal Wounds.

It also implies that if Wounds and Mortal Wounds are not the same, any unit that heals Wounds, cannot heal Mortal Wounds. For example Yncarne - Avatar of Ynnead ability.

Any thoughts (beyond GW sloppy terminology)?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: On Wounds and Mortal Wounds and PFP   On Wounds and Mortal Wounds and PFP I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09 2017, 10:39

I think it's just sloppy wording. The mortal wounds section of the core rules basically just says that you bypass the wound and save rolls but otherwise treat mortal wounds the same as normal wounds. Our PfP save comes into play at step 5 of the Resolve Attacks sequence by which stage there doesn't appear to be any difference between a wound and a mortal wound.

Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: On Wounds and Mortal Wounds and PFP   On Wounds and Mortal Wounds and PFP I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 09 2017, 14:37

They describe the feel no pain 6+ ability as a "roll" and not a "save" right? They might've actually put some forethought into that.

PostSubject: Re: On Wounds and Mortal Wounds and PFP   On Wounds and Mortal Wounds and PFP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On Wounds and Mortal Wounds and PFP
Page 1 of 1