THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How to play in 8th ed.

Go down 
+3
Vathek
Kehmor
sumguy777
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
sumguy777

How to play in 8th ed. Empty
PostSubject: How to play in 8th ed.   How to play in 8th ed. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 09:26

So i have played about 3 games in 8th so far. i am so confused on how i should play the army. the rush and destroy strategy used to work and now i just get killed with it. even with out maneuvering people and making there troops kinda useless. I used to put objectives in cover aand i feel like cover is bad now. everyone has wepaons to negate even our bad saves and we have so little.

for reference here is the last list i tried at 1850 only thing i liked about it was the harlequins because feel our jet bikes suck now.
hq
1 farseer skyrunner
2 succubus
1 archon w/ glave

troops
5(5) kabailte warroirs squads of 5 with a blaster
1 squad of 7 wyches with glave

elite
2 units of 5 incubi

fast attack
5 skyrunners w/ zepherglave

transport
3 venom's dual cannons
2 raiders with dl
1 raider with dc

1850 idk i might havemissed something too

ami goign about it wrong? any tips anyone else has picked up on

i am constantly changeing my list but it doesnt seem to have the same punch it once had
Back to top Go down
Kehmor
Kabalite Warrior
Kehmor

PostSubject: Re: How to play in 8th ed.   How to play in 8th ed. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 10:18

Ok, for a start what do you mean by "glave"?
Secondly is there a reason you have four hqs in a list this size? That's a pretty hefty tax for a couple extra cp.

I'd also look at including more heavy fire power, my 1500 list has more blasters and 4 times as many Lance's - admittedly I haven't had a chance to play a game of 8th yet but I'd say those guns deal with the biggest threats to us in this edition.

Back to top Go down
Vathek
Hellion
Vathek

PostSubject: Re: How to play in 8th ed.   How to play in 8th ed. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 11:58

Too many hq. Two squads of incubi can be redundant. Imho not enough heavy weapons. Fit a ravager or razorwing or some scourges.
Focus on one section of the enemy. Normally I pick on heavy weapon vehicles or transports.
Back to top Go down
Drugo
Hellion
Drugo

PostSubject: Re: How to play in 8th ed.   How to play in 8th ed. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 12:59

Seems a pretty terrible list to me, not sure why you have that farseer either... for Doom? That's a lot of points to reroll some wounds if that's the case.

I assume you had the wytches in a raider with 2 succubi and the archon, that's a lot of eggs in one very thin basket.

5 troops with warriors and a single blaster in a venom is also a pretty sub par way of running those, 3 mandatory troops is fine but then go for trueborn and some more firepower.
Again, not so sure what the Skyrunners can do for you either, in this list.

If you could explain a little more on how you actually ran them or what you were trying to achieve then we could definitely give you some feedback.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: How to play in 8th ed.   How to play in 8th ed. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 24 2017, 17:37

Kehmor wrote:
Ok, for a start what do you mean by "glave"?

I do believe he meant glaive. But they are restricted to Succubus only and not on the Archon.

You have 6 vehicles and 8 units that would need/want a vehicles for safety. How have you been playing your list? do you put the kabalites in the vehicles, foot slog the incubi and death star your HQ's? Becuase from personal experience, having our units not in a vehicle and not in combat means they will just end up dead. I think the idea of taking a flyer instead of an extra HQ and troops is a good suggestion. I'd have to see a battle report to give further advice as I'm not the best list builder Sad

Best of luck though!

Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: How to play in 8th ed.   How to play in 8th ed. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26 2017, 04:28

Needs more Dark Lance.

Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: How to play in 8th ed.   How to play in 8th ed. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 26 2017, 08:54

I agree that seeing a battle report would help.

Some more general tactics advice:
Do not try to destroy everything at once, it is quite possible to rush in and get fighting in turn 1 or 2 but this is usually not the best decision unless the enemy is horrible in cc.
I usually try and shoot defensively the first 2 turns, and from turn 3+ try ang kill as much as possible. Also do you play with objectives/ mealstorm? That often means people spread out a little bit thin to grab as much objectives as possible. In that case jump on isolated parts of his army, kill one bit before moving on to the next. Is something to though to kill, leave it be (if cc) or get it in cc (if it is good at shooting). Make sure you get the charges at the things you want. Do not hesitate to charge units to stop them from shooting or to stop them from fighting against your squishy units.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to play in 8th ed.   How to play in 8th ed. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to play in 8th ed.
Page 1 of 1