THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies

Go down 
+4
Gobsmakked
Thor665
Phototoxin
Grumpy Kwi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies Empty
PostSubject: Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies   Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 15:49

This may seem as simple as it sounds but this happened to me one game. While playing against an IG player with several mortar squads my opponent decides he wants to pummel my Harly + Archon + Baron squad on the opening turn. I mention that I did not think he could do so but fail to give him any proof of the claim so I let him proceed.

The mortars kill off the harlies and the Archon but the Baron still survives.

A day later I remember to check the Eldar FAQ and find the passage that says that barrage weapons must see them first before even firing.

This brought up an interesting question, can a FAQ from another army be used to explain a unit in your army?

I think we all agreed for the most part that the FAQ explained the VofT power for both and would be generally followed but it did get some of the more veteran players to initially say no you can't - saying you can never use someone elses FAQ to explain something in yours (they did eventually relinquish) but this led me to believe this could be a problem in a tournament where it could backfire on me.

Anybody else have an experience or comment to offer?

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies   Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 16:45

Is what you mean that the FAQ concerning harlequins from codex:craftworld eldar is not legit for the copy&pasted entry for harlequins in dark eldar?

That's silly - but probably why I don't play compeditive!
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies   Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 16:54

I'd say it's comfortably cross platform - I'd be amazed if people actually chose to argue it.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies   Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 20:52

I absolutely agree with Thor. Harlequins are a unit that crosses over codexes with no change, and their FAQ entries are specific to them as a unit and not how they function within a particular army.

The whole point of an FAQ is to clear up errors and misunderstandings, so to not bring it with you would be nuts.

I have a hard time believing that a proper tournament would ever say otherwise, too.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies   Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 29 2011, 21:42

Hmm, in theory I agree that the FAQ should apply, but to play devils advocate,

Land Raiders, although the same entry in each codex actually had different rules prior to the FAQ - BT not having the assault ramp iirc. I can think of other examples too Haywire Grenades, Stormshields, Assault squads etc.

In a friendly sure, use the eldar dex but in a tournament I would expect to not be allowed to use it.
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
mukslinger
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies   Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30 2011, 00:41

Thor pointed out to me in another thread that common sense sometimes doesn't apply to the game, and he's right, but sometimes it does and I think this is one of them.

It's fair that faq's can cross reference. The brb itself, is a book of examples and how to apply them, the faq's are technically the same concept.

The IG faq for the valkyries, units can embark/disembark from it's base. It's ok to apply that to any other flyer transport that is similar, like the stormraven.

Although, there are people who will refuse anything unless is specifically references their exact item, wargear, unit, vehicle, situation, whatever. Someone is bound to say that's a faq for the valkyrie and not the stormraven, so the stormraven is out of luck and needs its own faq.

Another example, which is here on these forums, is the post about "PGL and counter charge" where a space wolf faq was used to clarify how a dark eldar item works, because it's similar.

I always tend to be long winded, lol. long story short, its ok, its done all the time, even in tournaments.

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies   Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30 2011, 01:16

i would point out the wording in VoT and that its the same as CWE and then go the FAQ for CWE... though i think the wording is quite tight for GW 4th ed writting!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
DarkKokabel
Hellion
DarkKokabel

PostSubject: Re: Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies   Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06 2011, 05:40

I would say it would count and here is my explanation as to why. Correct me if I am wrong, but in most Space Marine chapters codices Terminator Armour is not listed as having a 5++ or relentless. They pull that from the newer SM codex. I'm sure there are other examples, and like I said, I may be incorrect on that but last time I looked that's what it was, like in the Black Templar Codex. So if that applies, then so should the Eldar FAQ for us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies   Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar FAQ for DE Harlies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: