THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Astral Claws. Fourth Company

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

Astral Claws. Fourth Company Empty
PostSubject: Astral Claws. Fourth Company   Astral Claws. Fourth Company I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03 2011, 14:53

So for the last few week's I've been distracted from my beloved Dark Eldar by another different kind of evil. Orginally intended to be a distraction for when I got bored of painting red, I'm afraid these guys have taken more of my time than I intended.

I've tried to theme the army around the Battle of the Palace of Thorns, the Astral Claws' final stand as the loyalists close in around them.

Sorry for the "tabletop" pictures but they're all I have at the moment, they were taken by my local GW's manager the first time I brought them down. Let me know what you think and I'll try and get some more pictures up soon.

Astral Claws. Fourth Company Davros
Captain Davros Hyciena

Astral Claws. Fourth Company TacticalandPred

Astral Claws. Fourth Company Scouts

Astral Claws. Fourth Company AssaultMarines

To rule in hell is only the begining..."

Lady No'ki Vankar, Kabal of the Poisoned Claw
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Astral Claws. Fourth Company   Astral Claws. Fourth Company I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08 2011, 15:16

Nice color palate choices. The colors really pull together.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Preacher
Kabalite Warrior
Preacher

PostSubject: Re: Astral Claws. Fourth Company   Astral Claws. Fourth Company I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 07 2011, 14:30

Cheers ESE. I tried a few different things with these guys so they don't completly follow the "normal" Astral Claws colour scheme. The checker-board effect on some was my first real attempt at freehand and it's definettly a learning experince. scratch And well the yellow on the heavy weapons was me looking at Imperial Armour in bad lighting, but I think it works well rather than adding more gold.

Sorry for the sub-par pictures, camera phone and bad lighting don't mix too well. Anywho, here's a couple of very bad pictures of the missing tactical squad from above. Since taking these pictures a while back I've repainted the guns to the blue of the shoulder pads, and the trim on the pads is also now silver.

Astral Claws. Fourth Company IMAG0544
Astral Claws. Fourth Company IMAG0538

I'll try and get some better images up soon.

Also, to give hopefully a better idea of my painting ability, here are a couple of better pictures of the first member of Davros' command squad, Larry the Lamentor. The strongest are strongest alone, apart from Larry.
Astral Claws. Fourth Company IMG_4310
Astral Claws. Fourth Company IMG_4307
Astral Claws. Fourth Company IMG_4309-1

Edit: I'm at my folks' place over christmas so I might be able to nab dad's camera to get some "Larry Quality" pics.

To rule in hell is only the begining..."

Lady No'ki Vankar, Kabal of the Poisoned Claw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astral Claws. Fourth Company   Astral Claws. Fourth Company I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astral Claws. Fourth Company
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Distractions
-
Jump to: