THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT

Go down 
+9
Alezya
PFI
Crazy_Ivan
amorrowlyday
Lord Asvaldir
CaptainCarrots
ShamPow1999
Quauchtemoc
kicu
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kicu
Hellion

SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT Empty
PostSubject: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 15:25

Hey.
Let's say you take alongside your army a Supreme Command Propfhets of Flesh. Then, you spend 5CP, to give all of these PoF warlord trait. Which gives you 5d3(5-15, avg 7,5)CP

Is this legal?
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 15:28

You need an archon and a succubus for each of these heamonculus to do that so i think its terrible
Back to top Go down
ShamPow1999
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 15:34

How are you giving your HQs Warlord Traits? I don’t think you’d be able to do that at all with Alliance of Agony because you’d pick on Archon to be your warlord, give the haemonculus a warlord trait, and that’s it.

Edit:
Upon reading the rule again, if you’re able to use Alliance of Agony multiple times, I think you could do this. If you’re using that many Haemonculi you also might as well go for 6 Patrol Detatchments for +8 CPs.

RAW, could you also pick the same Haemonculus or Succubus to have an additional Warlord Trait again and again, leading to a model with 3 different Warlord Traits? This seems kinda silly.

Last edited by ShamPow1999 on Sun Apr 01 2018, 15:51; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
CaptainCarrots
Slave
CaptainCarrots

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 15:38

Actually RAW, I think that strategy IS legal! The stratagem says “UP TO one Succubus/haemy “, and it’s used before battle so it should be spammable. There’s also nothing that indicates you need additional archons for each use.

Folks who disagree: please explain?
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 15:42

Well my english is not very good but for me "up to" mean "between 0 and 1 of each"
Back to top Go down
kicu
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 15:45

Well you need a Haemy or a Succubus to be able to use it as far as I understand it
Back to top Go down
kicu
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 15:47

+if you have Black Heart WT, then you can get those CP back on 6 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 15:52

I can't imagine this won't be faqed, clearly not the intention of the stratagem to let us spam warlord traits repeatedly.

Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 16:43

Yes thats clearly a bad writing abuse
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 20:21

No I think this is completely legit and intentionally enables our relatively mediocre non-descript HQ's to be mildly special snowflakes.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 20:31

It will get instantly FAQ'd definitely not mean to give our HQ's multiple traits.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 20:41

Can you explain what you mean?

If you mean that it isn't meant to give individual Hq's multiple warlord traits I don't think anyone in suggesting that.

If you mean that is in't meant to give multiple HQ's warlord traits then we disagree. RAW if your warlord is an archon you can spend 1 cp to give a Haemonculus and/or a Succubus a warlord trait, and it doesn't feel like a reach at all for that to be rai as well.
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 01:36

Yeah it probably won't survive the 2 week faq but may as well play it now if you want
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 01:37

amorrowlyday wrote:
No I think this is completely legit and intentionally enables our relatively mediocre non-descript HQ's to be mildly special snowflakes.

Our HQ ar no longer mediocre i think but i need to test them to figure it out
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 01:44

amorrowlyday wrote:
Can you explain what you mean?

If you mean that it isn't meant to give individual Hq's multiple warlord traits I don't think anyone in suggesting that.

If you mean that is in't meant to give multiple HQ's warlord traits then we disagree. RAW if your warlord is an archon you can spend 1 cp to give a Haemonculus and/or a Succubus a warlord trait, and it doesn't feel like a reach at all for that to be rai as well.

Right giving multiple characters warlord traits is clearly the intention of the rule, the problem is as written right now you can just keep taking lots and lots of heamonculuses (heamoncululsi?, and give each of them the exact same warlord trait so that when the battle begins if you take 5 heamonculusi, you're rolling 5d3 extra commands points. There's no way that's the intention of the rule and it will very likely be changed to you can only use the stratagem once per battle.

Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 01:45

This synergise far too well with Dark Hearth trait to be allowed anyway.

I mean you spend 5 point gain 5D3+5/6 and then the point you gain can generate more point ? Dont buying it
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 01:51

Yeah utterly ridiculous. As written yeah you can do it now but it won't last, nor should it anyway. Of course you still have to spend the pts on the heamonculuses but if you take say a supreme command of just 3 heamonculuses that probably pays off too well.

Hellion
Alezya

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 08:53

I don't see why it would need faq. It is quite clear:

Alliance of Agony:

SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT 40kDrukhariPreview-Mar26-Alliance1dw

If your Warlord is an Archon. At the beginning of the battle, we can only have 1 Warlord in an army...
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 10:05

Forgive me, I still think that this is intended but I see no inhabiting factor to not use that multiple times.
Back to top Go down
kicu
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 10:55

Alezya wrote:
I don't see why it would need faq. It is quite clear:

Alliance of Agony:

SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT 40kDrukhariPreview-Mar26-Alliance1dw

If your Warlord is an Archon. At the beginning of the battle, we can only have 1 Warlord in an army...

Well it does not say anywhere that it can only be used once.

Is your warlord an Archon?
U use it first time, spend a CP and give WT to the 1st Haemy
U use it second time, spend a CP and give WT to the 2nd Haemy
U use it third time, spend a CP and give WT to the 3rd Haemy

see the pattern?
Back to top Go down
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 10:58

Yup. This will definately be faq'd.

Alezya
Hellion
Alezya

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 11:50

I see the pattern but I doubt we will be able to use:

-I don't think we are allowed to have the same warlord trait on multiple characters...
-I really doubt GW will leave it as it is. And I don't even think we will have to wait for the 2 weeks FAQs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 12:13

And good luck finding a TO willing to accept it. And no one will want to play with you if you try pulling something like that in a friendly game.

kicu
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 12:15

I am just theorycrafting (so not gonna use it in friendly games) and this is RAW (so idk why it would be forbidden in tournaments)
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 12:25

No worries!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next