THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT

Go down 
+9
Alezya
PFI
Crazy_Ivan
amorrowlyday
Lord Asvaldir
CaptainCarrots
ShamPow1999
Quauchtemoc
kicu
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Stea1k
Hellion
Stea1k

SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 22:58

by p. 186 of the core rule book, a warlord trait is "a preffered tactic or personal ability that marks them out amongst their peers." By that statement, I don't think you can grant the same trait to multiple characters. That said, you normally don't get more than 1 warlord trait for an army. In addition there is nothing that explicitly denies you from having 2+ characters with the same trait (with regard to this stratagem), but again you don't normally get more than 1 warlord.

"If brute force isn't working, your'e not using enough of it."
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT   SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 23:07

Quote :
by p. 186 of the core rule book, a warlord trait is "a preffered tactic or personal ability that marks them out amongst their peers." By that statement, I don't think you can grant the same trait to multiple characters.

I don't think it's a great idea to take fluff text as game rules. Your quote has 0 implication for the game system rules.

Quote :
That said, you normally don't get more than 1 warlord trait for an army. In addition there is nothing that explicitly denies you from having 2+ characters with the same trait (with regard to this stratagem), but again you don't normally get more than 1 warlord.

Exactly. The stratagem that allows multiple WL traits is breaking a core law. Any weird situation that exception might raise thus becomes legal, unless the law-breaking exception clearly states that it isn't.

The stratagem says nothing about taking the same WL trait multiple times, so there is no reason to consider that it might not be legal.

The only reason for this to get FAQed would be if Imperial players cried a big river, and GW nerfed it to please their favorite kids.

SUPREME CHEESE DETACHMENT
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2