THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

So i made some archons out of bits...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

So i made some archons out of bits... Empty
PostSubject: So i made some archons out of bits...   So i made some archons out of bits... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 20:23

So i made some archons out of bits... 15230410
The Vanguard

So i made some archons out of bits... 15230412
The General

So i made some archons out of bits... 15230411
The Scout

made from extra bits in the start collecting set, and left over parts from some hellions

i didnt really build them based on any specific kabals, just sort of slapped together what i thought looked cool with what i had available.

suggestions, criticisms welcome. i didnt do pictures of their backside but i can.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: So i made some archons out of bits...   So i made some archons out of bits... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 23:54

Really inspiring. Great work really.

Sent from Topic'it App

Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

PostSubject: Re: So i made some archons out of bits...   So i made some archons out of bits... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 01:16

thank you! these are actually my first attempt at conversions/bashing. i bought two of the older start collecting boxes but it became pretty clear after i put the first on together as per instructions having a bunch of them mono-posed like that would look pretty lame compared to some of the other armies options.

i tried to keep them fairly close to the base Archons styling with the large blade-spike on the left, and a skull on the right shoulder set up.
i might try to make flash cloaks for the other two but im worried they will look like crap (but whats an archon with out a skin cloak?)

i will probably paint the non husk blade/ spears as if they are power weapons (what color would a Drukhari power weapon be?) right now base on my army color scheme (pretty close to the darkheart) im thinking doing them all leadbelcher and then using the waystone green on the blades. ive used it on the round chamber like parts on most of my splinter weapons and it looks absolutely awesome

now since they are archons im also pondering actually painting them to the different kabals paint schemes (leaving my troops unified with Incubi darkness/black)

if you think a specific one fits to a certain kabal please let me know, im not sure how im going to paint them yet and need some ideas.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: So i made some archons out of bits...   So i made some archons out of bits... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 19:49

Nice work. I love stuff like this.

I hope you won't take this the wrong way, but I almost wish the last one had a flag on his spear. "I claim this planet in the name of Commorragh!"

Regarding cloaks, you could try what one of my friends did and use a Shardnet.

Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

PostSubject: Re: So i made some archons out of bits...   So i made some archons out of bits... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 22:16

Soulless Samurai wrote:

I hope you won't take this the wrong way, but I almost wish the last one had a flag on his spear. "I claim this planet in the name of Commorragh!"

ooo i really like that idea, any suggestions for a style or shape to it? the only flag example is the one from the raider which is quite obviously too big.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: So i made some archons out of bits...   So i made some archons out of bits... I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 23:14

Nogrim wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

ooo i really like that idea, any suggestions for a style or shape to it? the only flag example is the one from the raider which is quite obviously too big.

Hmm, I think roughly square would be best. I'd probably try to make it about the same length as the blade of his spear.

One possibility - instead of using a plastic flag, you could print out a design twice onto a piece of paper, cut them out and stick them back to back.

If you want a plastic flag, the Venom has a smaller one that you could try.

Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

PostSubject: Re: So i made some archons out of bits...   So i made some archons out of bits... I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 03:48

okay i have a venom showing up in the next week or so actually, so ill hold off priming them until then.

i ended up swapping the head of the vanguard our and replacing it with a kabalite head (one that has the fancy mantle mane)

its likely going to be used to lead a 15 man barebones kabalite screen squad so i thought the helmet (with fancier paint job obviously) would tie in better with that group than with the glass dome.
Back to top Go down
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

PostSubject: Re: So i made some archons out of bits...   So i made some archons out of bits... I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09 2018, 08:43

so to doing a bit of an update on these guys.

they still aren't "finished"  as i need to go in and do the highlights but i figure this is far enough along that i feel happy putting them on a table so i figured id stick them up for a round of C&C before i go any further.

sorry some of them are a little blurry im using a camera phone, and a cardboard box to take these.

So i made some archons out of bits... 20180712

So i made some archons out of bits... 20180711

So i made some archons out of bits... 20180710

So i made some archons out of bits... 20180713

and one of my syrabites
So i made some archons out of bits... 20180714

obviously bases aren't done (and are basically untouched) and im not too happy with the skin (first time doing faces)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So i made some archons out of bits...   So i made some archons out of bits... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So i made some archons out of bits...
Page 1 of 1