THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Command Points

Go down 
+8
Alezya
amishprn86
lament.config
Soulless Samurai
Lord Asvaldir
SarisKhan
HERO
yellabelly
12 posters

CP's at 2000pts
0-5
Command Points Voteba130%Command Points Voteba15
 0% [ 0 ]
5-7
Command Points Voteba1318%Command Points Voteba15
 18% [ 9 ]
8-10
Command Points Voteba1367%Command Points Voteba15
 67% [ 34 ]
10-12
Command Points Voteba1312%Command Points Voteba15
 12% [ 6 ]
12+
Command Points Voteba133%Command Points Voteba15
 3% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 51

AuthorMessage
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

Command Points Empty
PostSubject: Command Points   Command Points I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 19:26

So a quick poll on Command Points generated from your detachments. I'd also be interested in people commenting on if they are supplementing with the Soothsayer covens trait and Labrynthine Cunning black heart trait to generate extras and recoup some through the game.

Hekatrix
HERO

Command Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command Points   Command Points I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 19:43

I would have voted for 6-8 actually. Yes, with Cunning.

However, I also want to mention that CPs should NOT be a list-building requirement. I talked about this heavily in an article I wrote last night:
http://lkhero.blogspot.com/2018/04/de-dont-lose-focus-when-building-your.html

At the end of the day, the UNITS you buy win games, NOT how many CPs you have in your list.

Sybarite
yellabelly

Command Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command Points   Command Points I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 19:46

Thanks Hero, I'll take a good look at your article and see what I can learn. Which I'm pretty sure will be a lot!

Hellion
SarisKhan

Command Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command Points   Command Points I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 19:57

I intend to get 8 with the use of Labyrinthine Cunning. I think one extraneous Archon in the list is worth an additional CP, but no more than that.
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

Command Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command Points   Command Points I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 20:35

I think balancing your detachment choices to get the amount of cps you want is one of the most difficult parts of list building in 8th edition, mainly because it can be difficult to predict how many stratagems you want to use in a game given we have just over 30 of those. Honestly I will need to get a lot more games in and play around with stratagems more because I can really decide how many cps I want in an average game.

That being said, I think 6 is the absolute minimum you need for any list. I ran 5 pre-codex, but that was fine with only 3 stratagems to use, now we definetly need more. 8 is definetly my preferred amount, and a number I've been hitting pretty easily so far in my list building by either running 2 battalions or the raiding force plus an outrider/spearhead. 10 is kinda the luxury zone, that's where I'll probably have 1-2 throw away cps in my game. Above that I think and you're starting to handicap your list by taking too many detachments. Yeah are troops are cheap and good, but we're not guard who can spam tons of 30/40pts characters to fill the character slots. Succubus is reasonably cheap, but only unlocks cult units, which is an issue. I don't want to be taking say 4-5 archons just to get myself up to 12+ cps, at that point you're negatively impacting your list by taking less firepower and more cps.

I agree with Hero that firepower, not cps should be the priority in list building, it's your army on the ground that's going to win the game, but I wouldn't say you should just discount cps when building a list. They can be quite handy.

Also to reach that 8-10 range, so far I've been using soothsayer trait, guarantees at least 8 with the possibility of up to 10. That may change though if I shift away from using the raiding force system.

Incubi
Soulless Samurai

Command Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command Points   Command Points I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 23:01

I'm struggling to get above 7 in my list

I might use the Soothsayer trait if I include Coven, but I really don't want to Labyrinthine Cunning (I'd much rather have something fun on my warlord).

Lord Asvaldir wrote:

That being said, I think 6 is the absolute minimum you need for any list. I ran 5 pre-codex, but that was fine with only 3 stratagems to use, now we definetly need more. 8 is definetly my preferred amount, and a number I've been hitting pretty easily so far in my list building by either running 2 battalions or the raiding force plus an outrider/spearhead. 10 is kinda the luxury zone, that's where I'll probably have 1-2 throw away cps in my game.

Can I ask what DE detachments you use to get up to 8 or 10?

HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

Command Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command Points   Command Points I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 00:17

Soulless Samurai wrote:
I'm struggling to get above 7 in my list

I might use the Soothsayer trait if I include Coven, but I really don't want to Labyrinthine Cunning (I'd much rather have something fun on my warlord).

Lord Asvaldir wrote:

That being said, I think 6 is the absolute minimum you need for any list. I ran 5 pre-codex, but that was fine with only 3 stratagems to use, now we definetly need more. 8 is definetly my preferred amount, and a number I've been hitting pretty easily so far in my list building by either running 2 battalions or the raiding force plus an outrider/spearhead. 10 is kinda the luxury zone, that's where I'll probably have 1-2 throw away cps in my game.

Spearhead, Air Wing, and Battalion.

Or Spearhead/Air Wing and 2x Battalions for 10.

Sybarite
lament.config

Command Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command Points   Command Points I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 00:22

I think running double battalion or a battalion and an out rider with another detachment will be common in matched play. We want the command points and having different detachments for various benifits looks good right now
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

Command Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command Points   Command Points I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 00:26

Souless Samurai wrote:
Lord Asvaldir wrote:

Currently I'm actually using the raiding force, so 3 patrols plus an outrider to reach 8. Alliance of agony then bumps me down to 7, but soothsayer ensure I go back up to 8 or possibly up to 10. I know a lot of people don't see to favor the raiding force all that much, but I actually want to mix all 3 of the subfactions together and it's the easiest way to do that, plus I feel like it's worth a shot trying out in my lists until I feel like trying something else.

Those combinations Hero mentioned work as well.

Archon
amishprn86

Command Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command Points   Command Points I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 00:36

I always just have 7 or 8, mostly 8 tho. BF+3, Bat+3, Special Detachments x2(+1,+1)=8

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Alezya
Hellion
Alezya

Command Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command Points   Command Points I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 07:53

amishprn86 wrote:
I always just have 7 or 8, mostly 8 tho. BF+3, Bat+3, Special Detachments x2(+1,+1)=8

Same here.
BFed, Battalion, and 2* Special Detachments is also the way to go imho.

If duplication of detachments is allowed (not always the case in tourneys for example), just go with 2 Battalions and 1 Special Detachments for 10 CPs.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Command Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command Points   Command Points I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 09:52

Yep, my current list is Spearhead, Outrider and Battalion. With Labyrinthine Cunning and Diabolic Soothsayers that will hopefully be enough to keep me ticking over. If duplicated detachments were allowed in my local tournaments I'd probably go double battalion + spearhead though as I want extra relics but can't justify the extra CPs.

PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

Command Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command Points   Command Points I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 16:46

I do 8 to 10. I use one aeldari battalion with 3 units of 5 warriors and 2 warlocks for command points. I dont give a crap about them, i use them to increase how many deepstrikes i have. My army is like using 11 or so to practically gusrantee all my offense gets to do its crap
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

Command Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command Points   Command Points I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 17:12

7 is effortless, I find 8-10 gives me enough during the game (especially with black heart). More than that in typical sized games means you’re giving up effective army list construction to spam CPs, which is counterproductive.
Back to top Go down
Kissaki
Hellion
Kissaki

Command Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command Points   Command Points I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 17:40

I plan with 3x patrol for the +4 bonus and a single spearhead with +1.
That leaves me with 8cp from whom I spend 4 beforehand for warlord traits and artefacts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Command Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command Points   Command Points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Command Points
Page 1 of 1