THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How to kill command barges for fun and profit.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

How to kill command barges for fun and profit. Empty
PostSubject: How to kill command barges for fun and profit.   How to kill command barges for fun and profit. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 07:40

Fun facts!
1.The archangel of pain says "units inside 9 inches take a leadership test at -2 and suffer one wound for each point failed with no armor or cover saves allowed."
2.Soul fright is basically the same thing but without the -2 and on a single target.
3. With 2 HQs, one with armor or misery and another with the archangel of pain with a unit of any kind from the coven supplement means a unit would test leadership at -5 for the archangel and -3 for the TGL.
4. The chariot rule state.. "For purposes of characteristics test always us the rider's characteristics" this includes leadership.
5. Necron overlords are not fearless.
6. Since the chariot and rider are considered one model the rider doesn't get fearless for being embarked on a vehicle.

Verdict: you can archangel bomb/ PGL bomb a catacombs command barge.
Is this effective? Hell if in know! But I sure want to give it a try!! afro
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: How to kill command barges for fun and profit.   How to kill command barges for fun and profit. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 12:25

Interesting... I fought one for the first time yesterday and damn what a beast. It was a doubles game, and thing took 3 turns of fire from two wave serpents, a wraithknight, a tooled up unit of long fangs, regular space marine squad, a lascannon razorback before finally dying. Not looking forward to facing on again but your trick might work especially combined with some psychic shenanigans as well.

Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: How to kill command barges for fun and profit.   How to kill command barges for fun and profit. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 15:14

I'm not sure, since I don't have my rulebook with me, but I think in the BRB it somewhere says that the rider of a chariot gains Fearless for basically being a vehilce and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: How to kill command barges for fun and profit.   How to kill command barges for fun and profit. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 15:18

BRB:

Quote :
A rider has the Fearless and Relentless special rules.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: How to kill command barges for fun and profit.   How to kill command barges for fun and profit. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12 2014, 15:27

Klaivex Charondyr wrote:
BRB:

Quote :
A rider has the Fearless and Relentless special rules.
Bah you're right... well fun idea while it lasted...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to kill command barges for fun and profit.   How to kill command barges for fun and profit. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to kill command barges for fun and profit.
Page 1 of 1