THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New FAQ Out Today

Go down 
+51
krayd
zelatar
Myrvn
PFI
Silverglade
N3ver mercy
Malakree
Rhivan
elbazuk
dumpeal
Barking Agatha
The Strange Dark One
inevitable_faith
Archon_91
SarisKhan
GreyArea
DevilDoll
Mppqlmd
Skulnbonz
Imateria
Count Adhemar
Keast Kannegaard
Ragnos
Garion
|Meavar
Drager
Hellstrom
Dark Elf Dave
SERAFF
DingK
hekatrixxy
FattimusMcGee
mynamelegend
Mikoneo
Frowny
Weidekuh
kano316
Dizzie
Crazy_Ivan
RedRegicide
attackdrone
Lord Asvaldir
Ubernoob1
KaliYuga
yellabelly
Bad-baden-baden
Soulless Samurai
CptMetal
withershadow
Squidmaster
Burnage
55 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 17:27

It's here!

A summary from Reddit;

Quote :
Notes as we go:

Reason its late - they thought Adepticon would confirm what they were going to change, instead it showed them that they didn't go far enough
   A huge portion of the FAQ was based on emails and facebook comments from the community at large as a starting point. Squeeky wheel gets the grease.

Changes to Match Play:

Beta Rule for smite - changed to +1 to warp charge threshold for each cast capped at 11, not -1 to dice roll. Harder to cast each time, but your opponent doesn't get a "boost" to deny AND you can still 11 or 12 to get the D6 damage version.
   Units with brotherhood of psykers and similar rules are immune to this rule - since they have shorter range, and usually a smaller damage output from it anyway, they don't suffer the penalty. You're welcome GK players.
   Beta Rule for targeting characters - now official.

General Changes:

Battalions and Brigades - Battalions give 5 CP, Brigades give 12 CP - makes it easier for mono-armies that have a hard time getting multiple detachments to get satisfying amounts of CPs
   Only get 1 "after save" save - no FnP AND Disgustingly resilient AND a bonus save from a psychic power etc. You get one armor or invuln, and one "after the save" save.

Points Changes:

Gulliman is 400 points
   Dark Reapers went up (non disclosed cost)
   Flyrants went up (non disclosed cost)
   Lots of tweaks and balances among all the errata/faqs for individual FAQs

New suggestion for Events (not hard and fast rules, but updated suggestions):

Rule of 3 - recommend that in matched play each datasheet can only be used max 3 times in your army (not detachment, ARMY) except for troops and transports. If adopted at ITC, this is HUGE

Next set of Beta Rules:

Soup Rule - If your army is battle forged, you cannot use Chaos, Tyranids, Aeldari, or Imperium as your faction keyword in any detachment - with exceptions like assassins, sisters of silence, legion of the damned, and more - the example given was taking a vanguard detachment of sisters of silence, but they can ignore the HQ requirement.
   First Turn - fully half your army has to deploy on the table (sounds like its by points/power level, not units), and if you bring a unit in from reserves on turn 1, it has to come in in your deployment zone. Some exemptions like GSC since cult ambush is key to the army, and a few others not listed.

Quite a lot of this seems to have an impact on us (running a mono-faction army in large games is going to be very difficult for us now, for instance). Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: NEW FAQ (sort of)   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 17:29

THe website crashed during the live stream.

Still waiting on the actual FAQ>

But what they announced: https://spikeybits.com/2018/04/live-40k-faq-reveals-happening-now.html

In my opinion, not all good.
The Beta rules are a bit sucky. By which I mean awful.

Now official:
Smite +1 Warp Charge to cast each time you cast. ( different than beta rules)
Targeting Characters: Can only target if closest model even if you cant see, and characters do not block targeting to other characters.

Battalions from 3 to 5 and Brigades from 9 to 12 command points
Only one save allowed after an unsaved wound is applied. No more stacking FNP’s and things.
Key unit point changes. Guiiilman, flying hive tyrants, dark reapers all getting increases.

Event Guidelines (suggestions):
Rule of 3: You can only use the same datasheet up to 3 times in matched play.

Beta Rules (Proposed by GW not official):
Soup: No longer use Imperium, Chaos, Aeldari keywords to build your list. You can still include sisters of silence, assassins, units that may not have an HQ etc.. So “soup lists” look to now need to be made via separate detachments.
First Turn (Alpha Stike): Fully half your army has to be on the table (deploy on the table) by power level, or unit number. if a unit comes in the first turn it must do so in your deployment zone. (some things like cult ambush exempt)

http://www.escelionfilms.com
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 17:34

Rest In Peace, raiding party. You lasted less than two weeks!

Rule of 3 is horrible if it doesn’t exclude troops!
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW FAQ (sort of)   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 17:42

I heard it includes troops.

Edit: I meant excludes troops.

Incubi
Soulless Samurai

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 17:48

I like that, in addition to not providing an exception for Raiding Parties in terms of number of allowed detachments, they've also made them inferior to Battalions in terms of CP.

withershadow wrote:
Rule of 3 is horrible if it doesn’t exclude troops!

Troops and dedicated transports are both excluded, so it's not too bad.

Bad-baden-baden
Kabalite Warrior
Bad-baden-baden

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 17:55

Raiding Parties is already dead... I'm honestly shocked by this change. Why wouldn't they make Raiding party equivalent?

Edit: So the most CP's DE can get in a game with raiding party is +4, while most armies can viably get +6/7 at 1500 points. This is honestly really, really disappointing.
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 18:34

Hahaha well that settles any indecision I may have had about building armies with raiding parties or battalions. Less than two weeks before destroying a newly added rule. That's impressive.

Hellion
KaliYuga

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 18:53

Demented.
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 18:54

Squidmaster wrote:
First Turn (Alpha Stike): Fully half your army has to be on the table (deploy on the table) by power level, or unit number.

Not power level "or" unit number the way I'm reading it. Says "and."
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 19:10

Bit bummed by the change to cps from battalion/brigade, I found raiding force felt like a fair trade off because it gave us an extra cp over battalion, now it's giving less cp which sucks. If they buffed patrol to give a single cp that would be awesome, but o well.

Beta rules for deep strike would hit some armies hard. I think I can handle that change though, I often hang back with my deep strikers until turn 2.

Hellion
attackdrone

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 19:18

Corsairs - now that "Aeldari" cannot be taken as a detachment keyword, they can only be fielded as Ynnari or in an Auxilary Support Detachment. Not so great...
Back to top Go down
attackdrone
Hellion
attackdrone

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 19:20

You're referring to running an all Kabals / Wych Cult / Haemonculus Covens army?

Yeah that could get tough at 2000 points. Cheers to troop spam?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 19:21

attackdrone wrote:
Corsairs - now that "Aeldari" cannot be taken as a detachment keyword, they can only be fielded as Ynnari or in an Auxilary Support Detachment.  Not so great...

Maybe this will motivate GW/FW to make them a proper army again (or at least give them back their HQ choices and other unique infantry).

If so, I'll celebrate the occasion by flying to the moon atop a winged marshmallow.

Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 19:29

attackdrone wrote:
You're referring to running an all Kabals / Wych Cult / Haemonculus Covens army?

Yeah that could get tough at 2000 points. Cheers to troop spam?

Yeah, it basically forces you into running a Kabalite/Wych/Wrack heavy list. Which isn't the worst thing in the world - and there really isn't a good reason to run a mono-faction list either - but so it goes.
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 20:10

attackdrone wrote:
Corsairs - now that "Aeldari" cannot be taken as a detachment keyword, they can only be fielded as Ynnari or in an Auxilary Support Detachment.  Not so great...

If you're using the "battle brothers" rules then they cannot be fielded even with Ynnari. They've reworded how Ynnari detachments are made to fit around the battle brothers rule, so one must have a craftworld, drukhari, or harlequin detachment that you are then allowed to field one of the Ynnari characters in as Ynnari is also not a keyword that can be used for detachment legalities.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 20:37

I think this is awesome for us. We have good transports and battalions got boosted

Wych
Crazy_Ivan

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:52

We can't run two batallions of Kabal now as we can only have 3 Archons
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 21:58

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
We can't run two batallions of Kabal now as we can only have 3 Archons

You can if you take Drazhar as an HQ.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16 2018, 22:19

Drazzy’s got a purpose now Wink

But really, when would you take 2 battalion of Kabals. You just need one plus a spearhead

Kabalite Warrior
Dizzie

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: FAQ is out   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 00:04

So FAQ is out on GW website. it appeared when the Big FAQ appeared.

So a basic run down:

Talos and cronos have gained fly, ohhhh yummy, very useful keyword to have, makes the cronos at least a bit more tactically flexible, less so with talos as talos is better off in combat anyway.

slay from skies works on models embarked on a transport with the keyword, they do not have to have the obsession, which is a very interesting take on this. [This is incorrect, misread it, they don't]

alliance of agony can only be used once.

ossefactor only causes one mortal wound.

no exceptions with raiding force, matched play grants 3 dettachments only, this was made for casual games

There's a few clarifications which i thought were no brainers, but i guess people just try and twist everything.

Last edited by Dizzie on Tue Apr 17 2018, 01:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kano316
Slave

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 00:36

just To check what does it mean for the archon being on the battlefield. I’m assuming that the archon is not in a transport?
Back to top Go down
Weidekuh
Slave
Weidekuh

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 01:02

attacks made by models with this obsession that can Fly, or by models with this obsession that are embarked upon a Transport with this obsession that can Fly.’

I don't think it means what you think it means. Read carefully. Units in the transport need to have the obsession.
Back to top Go down
Dizzie
Kabalite Warrior
Dizzie

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 01:04

yeah you are right i misread that, kinda makes sense, ah well.

kano316 wrote:
just To check what does it mean for the archon being on the battlefield.  I’m assuming that the archon is not in a transport?

it doesn't stipulate that, you are trying to add a rule where there isn't one, in a vehicle counts as on the battlefield, unless you can show me something to the contrary as effectively they all become the one unit until they disembark.
Back to top Go down
Frowny
Hellion
Frowny

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 04:08

I think the biggest change is actually the adjustments to deepstrike. A major nerf to scourge especially, since they were heavily reliant on DS to get reasonably close for their blasters and such. Deployment zones are usually not 18 inches apart. Additionally, the WWP strategem and screaming jets are both significantly less effective when you can't DS into rapid-fire or charge range on turn 1. Waiting til turn 2 severely reduces its effectiveness. I guess my list with 5 units of scourge is not really a thing anymore....
Back to top Go down
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
Mikoneo

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17 2018, 04:56

Upside is that deepstriking changes are a beta rule so not official yet
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New FAQ Out Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FAQ Out Today   New FAQ Out Today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New FAQ Out Today
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next