THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Kabal, Cult and Coven List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

2k Kabal, Cult and Coven List Empty
PostSubject: 2k Kabal, Cult and Coven List   2k Kabal, Cult and Coven List I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2018, 12:48

Dear fellow Archons,

please tell me your opinion about the list below.

The Idea

I wanted a 2k list with all three of our factions. Because Battalion is better than Raiding Party I decided for a Kabal Battalion as my main source of shooting dmg and CPs. I use the "Alliance of Agony" stratagem to give WL traits to the succubus and haemonculus. Diabolic Soothsayer WL trait basically pays for this. Wich kabal I will take in the end will depend on the enemy army, but most of the time it's going to be Flayed Skull. The 1st venom will transport archons, succubus and sslyth to the front, as the units inside the raider don't get any auras from the archons anyway.

The Red Grief Patrol is intended as CC burst. 9 Reavers with 3 Grav Talons + Eviscerating Fly-By deals on average 4.5 mortal wounds.  This should help taking out enemy HQs. This is also the reason why I made a patrol and not an outrider detachment. Depending on the scenario the wych blob is on foot or comes with web way portal.

The Prophets of Flesh patrol has a rather cheap unit of wracks to capture objectives and CC. They will go in the 2nd venom. The unit of 3 Talos' will use fire and fade to march up the board. The haemonculus will try to follow them by advancing.

After Alliance of Agony (1CP), Prizes From The Dark City (1CP), Web Way Portal (1CP), Fire and Fade (1CP) and Eviscerating Fly-By (1CP), I have 3 + D3 CPs remaining to spend on other stratagems later in the game. I guess mostly dmg re-rolls for dark light weapons.

Army List

Flayed Skull or Black Heart Battalion

Archon - WL Trait: Soulthirst, Huskblade, Splinter Pistol, optional: Helm of Spite  or  Djin Blade
Archon - Husk Blade, Splinter Pistol
Sslyth

10 x Kabalite Warriors - DL, 2 x Blaster, PGL

5 x Mandrakes

Raider - Dissie, Splinter Racks
Venom - Twin Splinter Rifle, Splinter Cannon
Venom - Twin Splinter Rifle, Splinter Cannon

1 x Voidraven, Two Dark Scythes, Missiles

Red Grief Patrol Detachment

Succubus - WL Trait: Hyper-Swift Reflexes, Archite or Blood Glaive, Splinter Pistol, +1A Drug

20 x Wyches - 3 x Raizorflails, +1S Drug

9 x Reavers - 3 x Grav Talon, +1T Drug

Prophets of Flesh Patrol

Haemonculus - WL Trait: Diabolic Soothsayer, Electrocorrosive Whip, Splinter Pistol, optional Vexator Mask

5 x Wracks - Electrocorrosive Whip

3 x Talos - Haywire Blaster, 2 x Macro Scalpel or  Stinger Pod, Macro + Chain Flails against a horde army
Back to top Go down
Melkor
Hellion
Melkor

PostSubject: Re: 2k Kabal, Cult and Coven List   2k Kabal, Cult and Coven List I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2018, 14:35

Have you considered turning your Coven detachment into a Spearhead? You can fit the same units in, but get 1 cp. Maybe even drop the wracks and the extra venom for something nice, like a unit of scourges or a Razorwing.
Back to top Go down
Crixalis
Hellion
Crixalis

PostSubject: Re: 2k Kabal, Cult and Coven List   2k Kabal, Cult and Coven List I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2018, 18:56

+1 what Melkor said.

Maybe even drop the lances in the Raiders, since they'll almost always be moving and shooting with less accuracy. Remove the Splinter Racks and get a Splinter Cannon in each squad, point for point it's more efficient. Also they keep some Dakka when their transport blows up.

With the spare points turn that suggested Razorwing into a Voidraven to have stronger AT options.

Also Hydra Gauntlets > Razor Flails every time.
Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

PostSubject: Re: 2k Kabal, Cult and Coven List   2k Kabal, Cult and Coven List I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2018, 19:38

Sadly dropping the wracks is not possible, because then I would need to split the Talos' into separate units for the spearhead. Sure I get one more CP, but then I have 3 Talos units, which is bad if I want to use "fire and fade", "cruel deception" or "torturer's craft'.

I was thinking about dropping the lances. This would free me 60 points and I could exchange the racks for cannons.
With this 60 points I could make the reaver squad 12 reavers instead of 9, increasing the average mortal wound from 4.6 to 6. But without dropping the wracks and venom another flyer is too expensive.
On the other hand I loose 3 DL. Even if they only hit on 4+, they are still a very strong weapon. And I don't see an opportunity to get them cheaper in a different way.

Since the Raizor Flails get D3 bonus attacks, hydra gauntlets are not always superior. Have a look at this.
Back to top Go down
Quauchtemoc
Sybarite
Quauchtemoc

PostSubject: Re: 2k Kabal, Cult and Coven List   2k Kabal, Cult and Coven List I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2018, 19:41

Melkor wrote:
Have you considered turning your Coven detachment into a Spearhead? You can fit the same units in, but get 1 cp. Maybe even drop the wracks and the extra venom for something nice, like a unit of scourges or a Razorwing.

Hum i think running a unit of 3Talos is far better than running three unit of three. Far more value on the stratageme you use on them. At the end the 1 Cp you get is useless cause you spend more CP to manage your 3 separate Talos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k Kabal, Cult and Coven List   2k Kabal, Cult and Coven List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Kabal, Cult and Coven List
Page 1 of 1