THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1650p 3 x Patrol

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lost Vyper
Kabalite Warrior
Lost Vyper

1650p 3 x Patrol Empty
PostSubject: 1650p 3 x Patrol   1650p 3 x Patrol I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2018, 13:28

Hi,

I´ve had this list for two games now (and one almost identical for 1500p) and all of the games have been a complete massacre by the true kin. It´s nice to win, but after the last game, it starts to feel like playing an Eldar army, people are shying away from playing against you. I personally don´t think this is a list that would do well any tournaments, but apparently for a casual matches it seems to be too tough, especially the Prophets of Flesh, my favorite Smile.

Your thoughts? I have crushed Ad Mech and Space Marines and Ravenwing with this list (or variant), does it seem too tough to fellow Archons?

PATROL I HAEMONCULUS COVENS (The Prophets of Flesh, 4+ invl.)

HQ
Haemonculus (Nightmare Doll 4+ FNP, Splinter Pistol, Haemie Tools)                                  
(Warlord trait : Diabolical Soothsayer, ONCE a re-roll, d3 CP´s)

TROOP
5 x Wracks (Ossefactor)                                                                                              

ELITE
5 x Grotesques                                                                                                              
5 x Grotesques                                                                                                              

HEAVY
3 x Talos
1 = Dual Splinter Cannon
1 = Stinger Pod                  
1 = Dual Heat Lance          

3 x Talos
1 = Dual Splinter Cannon
1 = Dual Haywire Blaster
1 = Dual Heat Lance      
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1099p

PATROL II WYCH CULT (The Speed of the Kill, advance+charge, re-roll charges)

HQ
Succubus (Archite Glaive + Agoniser)                                                                      
(Warlord trait : Hyper Swift Reflexes, +1 invl. )

TROOP
9 x WYCH                                                                                                              

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
1 x Raider (Dark Lance, Splinter Racks)                                                                                          
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
221p

PATROL III KABAL OF SILENT SERPENT (The Serpent´s Kiss, re-roll poison wound rolls of 1)

HQ
Archon (Blast pistol, Huskblade)                                                                                
(Warlord trait : Hatred Eternal, re-roll failed to wound )

TROOP
5 x Warrior (1 x Blaster)                                                                                            
5 x Warrior (1 x Blaster)                                                                                            

DEDICATED TRANSPORT
1 x Venom (Dual Splinter Cannons)                                                                          
1 x Venom (Dual Splinter Cannons)                                                                          
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1650p
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RESEDAPRIME/videos
Frowny
Hellion
Frowny

1650p 3 x Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1650p 3 x Patrol   1650p 3 x Patrol I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26 2018, 19:25

If anything it seems strong but fair. Ultimately your main plan is just run at them with big beefy sturdy threats, the talos and grots with a few flankers, which is in no way can be interpreted as cheesy or imbalanced. You have a range of the codexes units.. If you are trying to tone it down, I'd figure out what units you enjoy and do more of that. Usually people's pet unit is less competitive than a list focused on one thing. What's your personal fav? Can you overfocus on that thus creating more weaknesses for your opponents while also giving you more of what you love?

On the more competitive side, it almost feels like your list wants a property battalion. Urien would go great with all those talos and grots, especially as it allows you to aura more of the fieldand 2 5 man wrack squads to sit on objectives also seem useful. It's also more cp than the 3x battalions
Back to top Go down
Lost Vyper
Kabalite Warrior
Lost Vyper

1650p 3 x Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1650p 3 x Patrol   1650p 3 x Patrol I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27 2018, 19:21

Thanks for the input! I feel the same way. I try different units, more of my favorites (Grots & Talos) and try to utilize the new tricks provided by the new codex. To be honest, opponents lists have been on the "meh" side of things. I still would like to try my list against a proper annoying things like a Space Mahrine parking lot or a Necron / Tyranids -strong lists...I might try a pure Kabal list next, max with the Warriors and take two Ravagers and two Razorwings...maybe try my own "parking lot", with two Ravagers in the back with an Archon in the middle letting them re-roll ones...
Back to top Go down
Lost Vyper
Kabalite Warrior
Lost Vyper

1650p 3 x Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1650p 3 x Patrol   1650p 3 x Patrol I_icon_minitimeTue May 01 2018, 15:29

Had a new game with 1750p with slight modifications to the list. Tried the Reavers & Mandrakes for the first time and they both delivered. I absolutely murdered Ad Mech (another player, another list) again, only Onager left in turn 6 with half of the wounds gone...Still, the Covens is T.O.U.G.H cookie to crack...Grots with 4+ invl & 4 wounds in the group of 5 is 20 wounds to go through and the Talos...Smile Talking about tough unit, opponent got at least 3/5 down in this game, but the 2 that were left ran through the Castellans and ended up in his DZ...i love the new codex, but the opponents are starting to whine & hate, i gotta get a tournament player to whip up a Daemon list with Maggie etc, so i can see what the Drukhari are really made of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1650p 3 x Patrol Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1650p 3 x Patrol   1650p 3 x Patrol I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1650p 3 x Patrol
Page 1 of 1